Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: The Chopping Block

juno
  • Start Topic

Episode airs May 7, 2023

Hank is faced with an impossible decision at work, as his department's jobs are on the line; Lily settles into a new normal in New York.

• Like 1

Just how big is the University?  Only 5/7 professors in the English Department? My high school (3,000 enrollment) had about 17 teachers in the English Department.  MIT is the most selective university in the country; I doubt they would have any interest in a President from  an open enrollment / podunk/backwater state university who sole claim to fame was firing tenured professors.

• Like 1
(edited)

Looks like the interest in this show really dwindled. For me it was entertaining but I just don't enjoy watching Hank. He seems like a real oblivious dullard. How annoying it must have been to the wife with incidents like when she excitedly relates how she ran into Katherine Keener! And she asks hank if he remembers the times they discussed her and he'd always get "excited"? And Hank just sort of shrugs and says "no" and changes the subject. That kind of person is annoying as Hell. And then at the end in the bathroom of her NYC apt. he starts shouting idiotic things, which she finds funny at first, then he goes way overboard. You see her react with disappointment and sadness in the very last scene. I don't see how she'll stay with him unless he changes. They make Hank into way too flawed a character for me to enjoy much. 

Edited by Pike Ludwell
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Wonder why the dean just shredded Hank's letter. Seems like he is expecting Hank to ask for his job back. Because everyone seems to see that Hank is stuck in his life, except maybe Hank.

• Like 1

Aw, I knew his wife was going to leave him, or seriously think about it, from the first episode, when they had the "percentage of happiness" talk. He finally gets it, and she's now in her own place, in a different city. I also figured his daughter's husband was having an affair with the woman at the bar. 

I was expecting her ex-boyfriend to be there. They made it seem like she cheated, when she was there for the interview.

I might watch again, but not to see his marriage fall apart completely.