Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Truth Be Told

Some of the scenes with Justin seemed (shocker!) staged. The part where he was drinking at church then passed out on that dude's shoulder was inappropriately funny.

I'm a little suspicious of how Pastor Jay always runs into somebody in dire need of ministering to just when the cameras happen to be there to catch it. They just happened to be there filming on that day when the addict stumbles in? I'm not sure if they're doing reenactments or not. There was this most recent guy and, last season, the woman in the park he just came across while they were filming. I do like the guy, but I want the situations to be real.

Pastor Ron disappointed me. No matter what he thinks of Loretta's behaviour, there was no need to be rude to a lady. I do think part of his reaction was based on the way Loretta had confronted Lavette at that sip and see.

So Pastor Noel uses Loretta to handle disagreements because he doesn't like confrontation. That's not fair to her and doesn't seem very gentlemanly.

• Love 2

Pastor Ron disappointed me. No matter what he thinks of Loretta's behaviour, there was no need to be rude to a lady. I do think part of his reaction was based on the way Loretta had confronted Lavette at that sip and see.

So Pastor Noel uses Loretta to handle disagreements because he doesn't like confrontation. That's not fair to her and doesn't seem very gentlemanly.

I was just cringing through that whole scene.  Loretta had better wake up to what is going on here.  Ron attacks her and Noel just sits there watching the whole thing unfold.  All he was missing was popcorn!  Even if this woman is just your friend, it does not make it okay to let another man disrespect her even if you need him for something.  I wouldn't talk to Noel again! He is just using Loretta for his own purposes and it sickens me.  Loretta needs a real friend and a real boyfriend to claim her as his.

• Love 3

Ron absolutely doesn't know when to shut up.  He pretends to be worried about Noel's reputation and Loretta's feelings but really he's just interested in being given free rein to pronounce judgment.  Loretta is a better Christian than me.  The cuss words that would've flown out of my mouth ...

• Love 3

I don't agree with how Ron was making his point, but I kind of see where he's coming from.  He probably feels that Noel isn't being a role model to his congregation.  Maybe Ron Gibson sees many men in his congregation who have been with women five, ten, fifteen years, and have children together and when you ask them why aren't they married tell you, "we're not ready."  

On the other hand, Loretta needs to buy a vowel and get a clue.  It sounds like she wants to marry Noel, but he's not interested and it seems that Noel didn't even realize Loretta wanted marriage when he first met her.  Now, if Noel told Loretta in the beginning, that he didn't want to get married again and she thought that maybe he'd magically change his mind, then she's a fool IMO.

BTW, OT, I wondered why Michelle Williams was chosen to host the reunion.  Then, watching the show I saw a commercial for a new Oxygen show with she and Deitrick Haddon called "Fix My Choir."  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3

I get Ron Gibson's point of view, but he can't hang all the responsibility for the illicit nature (if it is) of Noel and Loretta's relationship just on Loretta. If those are Gibson's standards, then he shouldn't be willing to work with Noel, either, and not just refuse to work with Loretta.

• Love 1

Can we talk about how Dietrick's mother-in-law basically co-signed that he's a big baby and "combative" when he doesn't get his way? I thought that was very telling. I think he was used to being the shining star out of all the siblings and so he temper tantrummed his way out of any confrontation. Pastor Jay had every right to know what was up. Even if he would have agreed in the end, he would have done it because he had the full facts and not just Dietrick's version.

Loretta's look changes from scene to scene. Sometimes she is slaying and then other times...

• Love 3

IMO Pastor Jay wasn't being judgmental.  He was upset because he thought as a friend Deitrick would have told him his wife to be was pregnant.  That's all I got from Jay.  I think Jay would have performed the ceremony but he just wanted a little head's up.

• Love 4