Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E19: Cabin Fever

• Start Topic

That was... not the best episode of NCIS: Hawaii I have ever seen.

And as for NCIS: Mars, don't you even dare! Although I guess there have been enough of these shows now that a sci-fi one wouldn't be that much of a stretch. Hell, this one was practically sci-fi with the MacGuffin of the "micro-nuclear reactor" that fits in the pocket of someone's tac team vest. I'm pretty sure we're still at the stage where a "micro" nuclear reactor is about the size of a school bus and six times as heavy.

Is that a real Space Force uniform? Do they really have to walk around like that and expect to be taken seriously? (I just Googled it and yeah, wow those are actually real and people have to wear them)

There was one plot point I actually did like and that was how about ten actual seconds elapsed between "who could the real culprit have been" and the team figuring out that it was the super obvious one and only choice of the security dude. Sometimes they can spend up to three-quarters of an episode before they figure out that someone who is eager to help isn't really on their side. But in this episode right after they said out loud that they needed to figure out who it could have been, Ernie popped up with the answer. Nice.

I also love Ernie's friendships. He has an adorable relationship with Lucy, a great vibe with Cmdr. Chase and he can be vulnerable around Tennant. I wonder if we will see the astronaut lady again. She should be on vacation now that the Mars habitat has been blown to bits.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, dwmarch said:

Is that a real Space Force uniform? Do they really have to walk around like that and expect to be taken seriously? (I just Googled it and yeah, wow those are actually real and people have to wear them)

You could say that all the uniforms have their retro feeling with the US Army changing theirs  more recently than the other services. Moving from going back to the Civil War era to a cheaper WWII era uniform as a base. That the Space Force also went to a retro science fiction look was a predictable as the jokes about its creation as a unit.

As for the mission none of them are going to Mars, they had to know that they are closer to the Wright brothers in development than the Neil Armstrong's in doing the basic testing for the next generation.  And the most secure location in Hawai'i where the Pacific Fleet is based left me with a get over yourself Colonel. And the Space Force being new must not have an NCIS, Army CID or USAF Office of Special Investigations yet able to run the jurisdictional battle with.

Is this the first time we heard that Ernie was with the NSA before joining NCIS? And some superhero physics came into play when Boone grabbed a full grown man's mass jumping out of the window 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
13 minutes ago, Raja said:

And the Space Force being new must not have an NCIS, Army CID or USAF Office of Special Investigations yet able to run the jurisdictional battle with.

I believe the Space Force was carved out of the Air Force (similar to how the Maries were carved out of the Navy) so in theory it should fall under the jurisdiction of OSI. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, Maverick said:

I believe the Space Force was carved out of the Air Force (similar to how the Maries were carved out of the Navy) so in theory it should fall under the jurisdiction of OSI. 

It would be more like the early USAF taking from West Point and the Naval Academy before their own was up I think.  Most would come from the US Space Command but that was a joint operation with more Air Force than Navy

2 hours ago, Raja said:

It would be more like the early USAF taking from West Point and the Naval Academy before their own was up I think.  Most would come from the US Space Command but that was a joint operation with more Air Force than Navy

Further study suggest I was wrong. I guess the Colonels in commander and reaction force leader were enough of an antagonistic agency force.

Even though the setting was cool (a simulated Mars base camp), I found myself losing interest in the actual mystery.  Commander Graham was killed because someone was sabotaging the air inside the tent.  First they thought it was Major Mullen.  Why again was Mullen living in Graham's house?  Mullen was taking orders from the long haired balcony jumper who was taking orders from the Head of Security Patel?

Was all of it done just to get the nuke?

3 hours ago, blackwing said:

Even though the setting was cool (a simulated Mars base camp), I found myself losing interest in the actual mystery.  Commander Graham was killed because someone was sabotaging the air inside the tent.  First they thought it was Major Mullen.  Why again was Mullen living in Graham's house?  Mullen was taking orders from the long haired balcony jumper who was taking orders from the Head of Security Patel?

Was all of it done just to get the nuke?

I guess if Patel had more on his shopping list having NCIS along for the breach changed the plan