Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Land of Lies

• Start Topic

Tariq demands answers after a startling revelation shakes up his personal and business relationships; tragedy brings the Tejadas to the brink of war as they work with the Castillos to enact revenge.

Air Date: April 21, 2023

All this talk about "Land of Lies" and Dru is easily believing the "Word on The Block" about the Russians.

Monet tells Dru: he will be next in charge and don't do anything stupid without proof. Of course, Dru immediately ignores and kills a Russian. You may want to rethink Dru's leadership skills Monet!

After "the worst shootout I've ever seen", Monet tells Cane she approved Dru's plan to kill the Russian!  Unreal!!!!!!!!! And Dru is left with a goofy grin thinking he did great!

Such a great plan by the Russians. Well executed. Good Job! Took out one "no name" pallbearer. Honorable mention to the Russian driver putting the SUV in reverse and navigating his way back to the streets as bullets are flying. Good driving skills. But they were caught later by the Feds. 

Of course, Dru had to scream "Tejada" as he stabbed the Russian. Probably some worker in the back overheard his arrogant ass and told the others. Dru had no impulse control this episode.

Meanwhile (days later), the waitress is still trying to call Dru for that date.

Gordo is the "Man with the Golden Gun".  And I'm to believe all the shooters at the Church were licensed to carry weapons? Where were Jenny and Blanca during the shootout?

Kia doesn't know Monet's history with men???!!!!! His "shoulder to cry on" will be floating in the East River and the rest of his body will be scattered around NYC just for thinking with he can get Monet. He licked his lips like a fool as if it's a matter of when they will get together.

Why is Jenny pulling out the picture of Diana at the roof, in church, while Diana giving a eulogy? Jenny is so fucking impatient; was she planning to get at her as she stepped away from the microphone? Blanca had to tell her NO! (Like a parent to a child). When this whole RICO goes to flames, it will all be Jenny's fault.

Diana is caught on the camera looking behind her back. She forgot to look up. Say "Cheese"!!!!!!!!!!!

Tariq can't fight and talk at the same time. Good for Brayden to understand what he was saying.

Brayden fresh of a beating with tender ribs from the Italians last week takes another beating from Tariq. And he still comes back for more verbal punishment from Tariq, Effie and Cane. When is "enough is enough" with him?

Did Tariq really think he could outrun them from the subway wearing those leather pants?

Doesn't Tariq have a car? Why was he taking the subway? He also had a rental he could have used. 

I don't understand why Noma's people were following Tariq in the first place. Who told Obi: Tariq was going to leave town? How many days has passed that they missed a meet, or a few didn't show up?  "Time" is not well explained in the Power Universe!!!!!!!!

Salim was pretty quiet (biting his bottom lip) not defending Diana in class.

Salim got kicked out the house. A little bummed it wasn't "Uncle Phil Style", but it's good enough!!!!!!!! I bet he took some items from the house as trophies before he left.

Salim with flowers and looking so hurt was great. I thought he was going to barge in the room to find Tariq and Diana in bed. I'm sure Salim waited outside the dorm all night (held his pee) to see who came out of Diana's room. Tariq stayed until the morning and probably passed Salim sleeping on the ground still holding the flowers. 

We may be introduced to "Salim the Stalker" soon. Every villain has an origin story!!!!! 

I hope Diana changed the sheets used by her and Salim for Tariq's turn in bed. She could have forgotten during her time of mourning.

So, Tariq never knew it Diana that was selling. He never asked around: who is the new competition?

Keke wants a cut now. She doesn't know the mess she is entering with Tejada business.

My goodness Cane, if you're going to take Lorenzo's chain from the casket in front of all to see, you might as well run his pockets too looking for spare change. 

I did laugh when Diana revealed to Effie Tariq was in the room.

I almost thought Cane was going to make a move on Effie. I can't see them as a couple.

Monet was cold telling Cane "Your ass always get 5" when adding 2 + 2.

Jenny is now hiding Lauren's parents???!!!!!! Under what premise? What supervisor is authorizing all these tax dollars to be wasted?? They should be sued.

Is Effie an orphan or not? She was talking about her biological mom (still alive)? Or did she make up that story to gain sympathy from Tariq? Anyway, Tariq didn't give a shit about that story, not even moved when Effie dropped Oprah influenced her to act. 

Effie got back to the city quick. I guess the dog walker gave her a ride.

Good for Tiny to get a promotion. Well deserved. "By any means necessary!!!!!". Look at Tiny with his bad self !!!!!!!!!! 

Davis will fire or kill Saxe when he finds out Lauren is alive, and Saxe knew. Saxe is close to being expendable with Davis once his brother is out of jail. 

If Lauren is still defending Tariq after the information Saxe told her about him, then there is no hope for Lauren!

Saxe trying to give his watch to Tate was funny. 

Tariq thought he was going to have a normal life after killing the dirty cop. HAA!!!!!!!!! Big Momma thought he was ready to leave with her too. HAA! 

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Keep it up, Monet and Dru....just keep on underestimating Cane, he's smarter than ya'll think!  I'm willing to bet he knows Monet took Lorenzo out.  And Dru's dumbass sprung over Gordo, just wait until you find out your man killed your pops!

Damn Cane, Lorenzo ain't even in the ground yet and and you took his necklace!

Oh, Lorenzo....if you insist on sucking that cigar all muscly and sexy while guilting Monet, the leave you could do is be naked!!

It is hysterical the names poor Brayden gets every week....this time it was Ben Affleck thanks to Cane.  Maybe it is my old hormones, but Tariq and B.'s fight while violent turned me the hell on!

Tariq was cold as shit when it came to confronting Effie though; girl didn't know which way to turn by the time he cut her off.

Sean Nelson (Fresh) sighting!  I had to Google to 'cause I thought he was Tyrin Turner (Menace II Society), they could pass for twins.

Love Keesha Sharp but her character is boring; when will she and Tate do the nasty?!  And when will she tell her students to stop with the in-class cursing?!  Nukkas act like they haven't been home trained.

Next in line to hopefully get the axe?  Jenny and Closed Mouth Chunky Heel (tm Alexander Rodgers), these heiffas get on my nerves!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Damn Cane, Lorenzo ain't even in the ground yet and and you took his necklace!

At least, they gave Lorenzo one last thrill and used his casket as a shield from the bullets. Lorenzo still protecting from the beyond!

• LOL 1
On 4/21/2023 at 4:22 PM, mxc90 said:

There was that one time he got the math right, putting 2 and 2 together that Lorenzo killed Zeke.

Does anything think that Dru is gonna find out that Gordo killed Lorenzo?

On 4/21/2023 at 4:22 PM, mxc90 said:

If Lauren is still defending Tariq after the information Saxe told her about him, then there is no hope for Lauren!

I gave up hope for Lauren when she legitimately thought Tariq tried to have her killed, and the first thing she does is go see the very person she thought tried to murder her.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 2
11 hours ago, AntFTW said:

Does anything think that Dru is gonna find out that Gordo killed Lorenzo?

Yes. Monet will tell him. Or maybe Monet didn't erase her text, Dru will find her phone to read his message and Dru will piece together the time.

11 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I gave up hope for Lauren when she legitimately thought Tariq tried to have her killed, and the first thing she does is go see the very person she thought tried to murder me.

LOL. She had a boxcutter. I'm sure she was going to do major damage to Tariq if he had made a move. Yeah Right!

I find it funny she was able to travel to so many places with ease. 

Somebody has to go by the end of the season. Either Effie or Lauren.

• Like 1

When Tariq told Effie “find your own way back” damn- not that I was shocked, but it was a good piece of writing. I believe Tariq loved Raina but her blood is on his hands, he had no business getting involved with that dirty cop and selling drugs with Kanan in the first place, and Raina would still be alive if she wasn’t trying to defend him. Tariq complains about his father but he’s just like him!

Keke is going to regret getting involved with Brayden’s schemes. His family will protect him, she has no one protecting her. 

But Cane had a point (he was growing on me the last few episodes) Tariq just can’t kick Effie and Brayden out of the business, who does he think he is?? I admit things are getting JUICY, this season has been so good. 

Tariq’s grandmother wasn’t fit to take care of alone Yas because of her drinking, but she will probably thrive with Tasha and Yas in witness protection. 

Naturi was pregnant/gave birth right before the season started so she likely won’t guest star, but she may be back one of these days in the Power universe. 

• Like 1

Holy crap, Monet pretty much threatened Cane's life to his face because she knew he was thisclose to calling her out about Lorenzo's murder. Cold-blooded.

So how much was Lorenzo's life insurance policy? Apparently it was enough to get Brayden's full attention.

Please tell me this show wasn't trying to do their own version of "The Streets Need a Body." What the streets need is for the Tejada children to become orphans.

Real talk from Salim, basically about what you do vs. what you are. Too bad for him grieving Diana wasn't trying to hear it.

Ew, Tariq getting Salim's sloppy seconds. And then Effie finding out in  the 2nd worst possible way. Sure hope Diana is conscientious about using contraception or she might find herself on Lauren Lake's Paternity Court, lol.

Of course the Russians showed up to do a drive-by on Lorenzo's funeral. Dumbass Dru. But dang if Queenpin Monet didn't turn Lorenzo's death into a 3-D chess game and remove some major competition to her family's criminal enterprise.

Real talk from Dead Lorenzo too. It's good to see Monet has the sense to be a little worried about her kids finding out what she did. I'm thinking Gordo will be her next target since he's the only other person who knows the truth of how she became a widow.

Where were Jenny and Blanca during the shootout?

Yeah, that plot hole was big enough to drive a hearse through. 😏

Keke is going to regret getting involved with Brayden’s schemes. His family will protect him, she has no one protecting her.

It seems to me she knows where a lot of the bodies are buried in the Westons' financial dealings. If anyone takes her out I bet it'll be one of them. Maybe Brayden.

• Like 1