Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E22: Red One

• Start Topic

After an internal investigation unit agent is drugged and buried alive in a desert outside of Vegas, the Feds director enlists Garza’s unit to discreetly investigate. Meanwhile, Simone’s plans for her 49th birthday bash are sidelined.

Season finale

Original airdate 5/2/23

2 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

It was a silly episode, but I didn't totally mind it. 

Yes.
But I was momentarily afraid Simone/Niecy's dad was going to have a heart attack when she told him the reason she wasn't at the birthday party yet was because she got shot. He even put his hand over his heart.

I missed part of what I think was the best bit. Didn't they have a couple of lines pointing out that the guy they were saving was probably a worse mercenary than the guys the FBI was willing to kill to protect him? Not to mention being willing to risk the lives of the FBI agents to protect him?
Was he even of use anymore? That was a pretty palacial home. I guess that was part of his deal?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

It was a silly episode, but I didn't totally mind it. 

Well the show started out very silly and, regrettably for me, is trying to become more serious. I prefer the silly, the sillier the better. I didn't mind that Simone has "encountered it all" being a guidance counselor, it was the show's "running joke". I was thoroughly enjoying the show up until the murdered woman and horrible person witness protection reveal. They never did reveal why the furniture was glued to the ceiling or why there was a briefcase nuclear bomb.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:

I was thoroughly enjoying the show up until the murdered woman and horrible person witness protection reveal. They never did reveal why the furniture was glued to the ceiling or why there was a briefcase nuclear bomb.

Yes, this soured the epi for me as well and yes, why was the furniture glued to the ceiling and who did it?

I found it even more unbelievable that Laura and Brendan were able to hold off the two automatic rifle wielding drug cartel members since I just knew that was going to turn into a stuck out in the middle of no where situation with no back up (like on The Rookie) but that would have taken too much time.

7 hours ago, milkyaqua said:

why was the furniture glued to the ceiling and who did it?

Without googling, but having taken LSD in the 70s, I'm guessing the furniture on the ceiling was to enhance the psychedelics.

• Wink 1

Okay, I just watched this because I ran out of other stuff and my whole house laughed at this episode. Nash's character has a propensity for showing quite a bit more cleavage than is appropriate in a professional setting, so we laughed so hard when she practically caught those bullets with her cleavage (well, the bulletproof vest over her cleavage... but still).

If this doesn't get renewed, I won't be sad - but if it does get renewed, it might become my family's new favorite hate watch.