Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Under Pressure

• Start Topic

This guy is wearing Star Trek glasses. Nice to know there are Trekkies in Gotham.

Carrie's enthusiasm at beating Mutant Leader is adorable.

The airship over Gotham 

Carrie, these are bad guys. They will use any excuse to attack Gotham so don't take it personally.

Brody is giving me the strangest Nathan from One Tree Hill vibes and I don't know why.

Hee, Cullen as newbie cop is hilarious.

Aww all the Mutant Gang are Trekkies. They must have gotten a great group discount on those glasses.

Harvey Turner trusts you because he hasn't seen Batman Forever or The Dark Knight.

Carrie put your mask on please.

No surprise members of the Court were present at the gala. If Brody's dad and/or mom are not members it will be shocking.

Guess Harvey's running unopposed.  

• Like 4

Lauren Stamile as Rebecca March
Damon Dayoub as Lincoln March
Rahart Adams as Brody March
got4.jpeg

That was a pretty nice episode. I guess I would be dreaming if a superhero show filmed a fight scene that was light enough for me to see what is happening. I liked the news stories, keep it up. Could have had a few more fight scenes. Harvey Dent's fight could have been a little more decisive, to show why the wealthy citizens of Gotham might want to support him.

I'm not one for victim-blaming and letting fear rule your life but at this point, everyone in Gotham should know that as soon as you have some kind of big gathering of rich people, you just know it's all going to end with some kind of attack.  You're just tempting fate at this point!

Introduced to the Marches/Brody's parents and I continue to believe that at least one of them is going to be part of the Court of Owls.  That dad seems like the more obvious choice, so I can see it being a swerve and being the mom instead.  Especially since they got an established enough face like Lauren Stamile to play her.  Also, there may or may not be something going on with her and Harvey?  Or at least a past fling?

Looks like they are establishing some kind of friction between Harper and Stephanie due to the former thinking that the latter looks down on her.  But I wonder if something else is going on as well.  Because it looked like Harper totally did a complete one over of Stephanie in that Gala dress, so I'm wondering if an attraction of some kind is there as well.  After-all, this is the CW and I would be surprised if it didn't end with everyone hooking up with the other at some point.

The Mutants were definitely cheesy in all the right ways.

Definitely feels like Olivia Rose Keegan is channeling a bit of Rachel Skarsten's Alice for her take on Duela, but I'm digging it.

Right now, still not hating the show and not really loving the show. For the most part it is basically a replacement for Batwoman in that it was sort of mindless entertainment for me. Well season one of Batwoman, the other two seasons weren’t that but I don’t want to get into that. 

I don’t want to like Duella but I am. That really annoys me because I can see them trying to push the whole Batman’s son and Joker’s daughter. Which would be just predictable if the Turner character was even a little enjoyable as a character. He’s just boring. 

I would be annoyed by Cullen being able to break into the police station in such a bad disguise but then remembered it’s the GCPD. 

Definitely saw Harper give Stephanie the once over. Would prefer Harper and Duella just to avoid the above scenario However, could definitely see the writers wanting the whole bad girl/good girl pairing. 

Just watched the first three episodes.  This show is nonsense and not very good. But maybe this just caught me in a good mood, because I'm sort of delighted by it. 

It's trash and I am confused by the alt-verse Gotham in which Batman apparently adopted one of the orphan-waifs after decades of using them as surrogate children/emotional cannon fodder but also was still using a Robin* and somehow Harvey Dent never became Two-Face during Bruce's life.  But I enjoyed some of the writing, Duela had been fun, and I like that they made Body (heh- Ticket to the Brodeo made me chuckle) more than a one-note high school douchebag. 

It's basically just some weirdo's Batman Fanfic.  And, okay fine. 

I'll stick this out for a bit.  

*Bruce and his Robins has always struck me as grossly toxic from a super toxic damaged dude. Bruce Wayne is sorta the worst. 

• Like 1

"Okay, so apparently, the Mutant Gang used a surface-to-air missile to blow up a blimp. They did this because their leader was apprehended by GCPD, a bunch of assholes that couldn't catch a cold. You know what? Fuck it, we're still holding this soiree where the minimum to enter is $20 million and flashy jewelry!"

@thuganomics85 is right . . . you shouldn't blame the victims, but they were asking to get super-mugged. On the other hand, a lot of them hail from the Court of Owls, so fuck 'em. Thanks for providing our heroes a promising lead!!!

On 3/28/2023 at 8:59 PM, scarynikki12 said:

This guy is wearing Star Trek glasses. Nice to know there are Trekkies in Gotham.

That's what most of the Mutant Gang wore in The Dark Knight Returns. I think that was printed in 1985-1986. For all we know, those may have been the inspiration for Giordi Laforge's visor.

On 4/2/2023 at 4:13 PM, ybrik said:

I don’t want to like Duella but I am. That really annoys me because I can see them trying to push the whole Batman’s son and Joker’s daughter. Which would be just predictable if the Turner character was even a little enjoyable as a character. He’s just boring. 

I would be annoyed by Cullen being able to break into the police station in such a bad disguise but then remembered it’s the GCPD.

1. I like her as well.

Spoiler

Also, there's a chance she might not be Joker's daughter. I should probably start a comics thread.

2. That reminds me of an episode of Harley Quinn, where ham-handed Clayface disguised himself as an officer and tried to cause a distraction by saying "Bruce Springstine" had been kidnapped. Pause. Cue the cops running to the door, shouting "No one fucks with The Boss!" So, yeah, Cullen in a cheesy mustache trying to get records and suceeding wasn't that far-fetched.

2 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

2. That reminds me of an episode of Harley Quinn, where ham-handed Clayface disguised himself as an officer and tried to cause a distraction by saying "Bruce Springstine" had been kidnapped. Pause. Cue the cops running to the door, shouting "No one fucks with The Boss!" So, yeah, Cullen in a cheesy mustache trying to get records and suceeding wasn't that far-fetched.

Loved that episode.That makes me wonder where’s Gordon in this universe.

This show is just terrible and I have no idea why I actually watched three episodes of this.  The actor playing Turner is incredibly bland and boring, and the rest of the actors aren’t much better, save for the actress who plays Duela.  So far I don’t see much in the way of characterization with these characters beyond just basic one-word adjectives.  Aside from some of the parental issues, there isn’t much depth there.  And Harvey Dent just feels like Misha Collins is cosplaying Castiel in a weird AU Batman universe, but with suits instead of the trenchcoat.  I don’t see this getting another season, no matter how well it’s supposedly doing on HBOMax.