Type keyword(s) to search

Dance 100 - General Discussion

DearEvette
  • Start Topic

I've only watched the first two episodes of this so far, and I'm already super annoyed that they don't reveal who is voted off until the beginning of the next episode. I resorted to watching the first two minutes of the next episode and then picking up from there the next time.

• Like 3

I'm only 2 episodes in. This should be right up my alley, but there are some things that aren't connecting with me. Some of the dancers are really obnoxious. Particularly that one dude that keeps saying that his choreographer is unprofessional, but he's the one pouting in the back of the room and walking out of the rehearsal space. 

I don't like that they only ask the same people over and over again to share their thoughts/critiques. On top of that, some of the comments are confusing (they told one choreographer that he needs to be featured more and then they told another choreographer that he shouldn't be featuring himself) or head scratching (I keep finding myself saying, "what the heck does that mean?!?!?").

Also, the sound is so weird. For many of the performances, the crowd is so loud that you can't hear the music they're dancing to. 

• Like 3

Saw the rest of the episodes.

Without spoiling, I'll simply say it would have been REALLY embarrassing and discrediting to the show if anyone else besides the person who won had won.  

In a way it made it obvious who'd win, for me even from the first few episodes, because while at least half of those people were decent choreographers, only one of them seemed totally in command at every practice they showed, and only that same person coaxed something indistinguishable from any real big show performance every single time.  

To me it also looked like most of those dancers were asking themselves who they'd most want to work for in the outside world.  The fun person?  Or the person who clearly got results?  

Edited by SnarkShark
  • Like 3

I like this show, even though I think that a lot needs to be done to make it better. At times they focused too much on the catty and negative behavior.  I like that the judges are professional dancers, but this aspect could have been expanded on. It was also weird that we only had one dance off. The final two and the winner were definitely the right choices. I know that some people have said that this boiled down to a popularity contest, but I think that someone being a good and professional teacher is as important as coming up with a good dance.

• Like 1