Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: God Only Makes Happy Endings

DearEvette
  • Start Topic

So this one was taking place at the same time as episode six, right? The detective said Dre ("Toni") had gotten on stage in Atlanta and she asked them to hold Dre until she could get there and talk to her. In Atlanta, Dre made it into the concert and onto the stage, hallucinated Marissa's face on Ni'Jah's body, and then hallucinated Ni'Jah bringing her out to the car, but in reality that must have been a police car.

Dre's outfit/mug shot are different between the two eps, but that's because episode six was supposed to be the true story in our world, while the rest of the series was the fictionalized story starring Dominique Fishback that they mentioned at the end of episode six. Very meta.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 3/19/2023 at 3:43 PM, Cranberry said:

So this one was taking place at the same time as episode six, right? The detective said Dre ("Toni") had gotten on stage in Atlanta and she asked them to hold Dre until she could get there and talk to her. In Atlanta, Dre made it into the concert and onto the stage, hallucinated Marissa's face on Ni'Jah's body, and then hallucinated Ni'Jah bringing her out to the car, but in reality that must have been a police car.

I totally missed that, very interesting. I don't always listen well when watching tv.

I am surprised there is barely any commenting on this show,except mostly for you Cranberry.   Maybe it will take a while for people to catch on, this was definitely a unique series, horrifying and intriguing, I watched in two days. I actually felt bad for Dre when she realized her girlfriend had the tickets still on her when she burned the body. That's twisted!  :) 

Edited by Valny
  • Like 2

Good catch with the ending, @Cranberry because I was wondering why they did the detective episode just to end it this way.

They didn’t stick the landing but not a bad ending.  I would have liked to see Detective Greene talk to Dre, but how much would she actually get out of her?

Rashida’s accusations were correct, but I thought it wasn’t executed well, because it a virtual mirror of the final conversation/argument between Dre and Marissa, so that just told me that Rashida’s time was up, which it was.  But there was a noticeable lack of buzzing bees, and no binge eating afterwards, showing that this murder was different for Dre.  Unfortunately, Dre made the mistake of thinking she could bypass her own true nature by living a normal life.  And Rashida’s parents welcomed Dre with open arms and encouraged her, only for Dre to kill their only child in a fit of rage.  I feel really bad for her parents.

Inconsistencies aside, Danielle absolutely carried this show.  Everything was ride or die on her performance and she killed it.  Look forward to her future work.

Honestly, I thought Dre was going to try to pry the tickets off of Rashida’s smoking corpse.  That would have been creepier than her killing the ticket scalper.   

• Like 1

Heh I didn't catch that ending either.   I suspended disbelief when the scalper took Dre back to his car for her to pay and get killed.   A scalper would've moved on to someone else who had actual money.    Then I was thinking, how the hell is she getting on stage and not being tackled.   Not only that but they would stop the concert for Ni'jah to tell her to sing.   Then I was like really, Ni'jah is gonna take her to a private car.    But I should've known it was a hallucination.

I wonder why the hives weren't buzzing when girlfriend was throwing all those disses against Ni'jah.   The whole time I was thinking 'you in danger, girl'.   And then Dre chokes her.   

Enjoyed the wild ride that was Swarm.   The actress playing Dre killed it.   Look forward to seeing what she does next.

Oh yeah...hello Cree Summer and Norm Lewis!

• Like 2