Type keyword(s) to search

Murdaugh Murders Podcast: It's a Big Deal

• Start Topic

Thank you and thank you to whoever suggested this podcast. I don’t listen to a lot of podcasts, just smart less and tig Notaro’s two. But this woman seems like a narcissist? She seems like this case is all about her, I just listened to the episode where they wrapped up the trial, and it was all 👏🏼 about 👏🏼 her!

• Like 1

I started listening to her interview with the prosecutor and found it interesting.  

Has anyone done a deep dive into the family?  Husband and I were trying to decide if the early Murdaugh solicitors were good people with the corruption seeping in over time, or would we discover Klansmen.

5 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

But this woman seems like a narcissist? She seems like this case is all about her, I just listened to the episode where they wrapped up the trial, and it was all 👏🏼 about 👏🏼 her!

I will be the first to admit that Mandy can take it a bit personally.   BUT, she and Liz Farrell started investigating this family ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE BOAT CRASH when no one else would.   They were even warned to back off for their safety.   Mandy started this podcast on her kitchen table because it was so important to get the story out there.  It was too much for the little old Island Packet where she was working at the time to devote the space and time it needed.   But she kept at it.   She worked her sources and unlike a lot of journalists who swooped in only covered the big stuff - she has not been wrong about what she reported.   It is SOLID.   They don't put stuff out there unless 1) relevant and 2) verified.   They aren't in the click bait business.

Dick Harpootlian HATES her because she won't let the Good Ol' Boys be Good Ol' Boys anymore.   He likes to refer to her as a "blogger who sells dog bowls."   Oh BTW, 100% of the proceeds of the merch goes to CHARITY.   Her holding people accountable with good old fashionable investigative journalism is one of the reasons Alex even went to trial.   So if she wants to take a victory lap of relief, she can.

I've listened since the first episode.  There are a few times where she gets worked up and gets all "I WILL NOT LET THIS REST."  Like who the hell are you?   But, if you ignore that stuff and just listen to how she puts all the pieces of Alex's shenanigans together its really good.   She was the one who found out that Judge Carmen Mullen just allowed the Gloria Satterfield personal injury case to be closed without filing the order.   At the request of .... Alex Murdaugh and Cory Fleming  (Cory's trials are still upcoming).   

Stick with it for more than an episode or two.  It's worth it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3
On 3/9/2023 at 8:56 AM, Crs97 said:

Thanks for introducing me to this podcast.  I’ve gone back to the beginning, and it’s impressive what information she had from the outset.

Agreed. I've watched all the available material on TV, but despite knowing what happens already, I'm enjoying the podcast.

On 3/8/2023 at 9:16 PM, merylinkid said:

I will be the first to admit that Mandy can take it a bit personally.   BUT, she and Liz Farrell started investigating this family ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE BOAT CRASH when no one else would.   They were even warned to back off for their safety.   Mandy started this podcast on her kitchen table because it was so important to get the story out there.  It was too much for the little old Island Packet where she was working at the time to devote the space and time it needed.   But she kept at it.   She worked her sources and unlike a lot of journalists who swooped in only covered the big stuff - she has not been wrong about what she reported.   It is SOLID.   They don't put stuff out there unless 1) relevant and 2) verified.   They aren't in the click bait business.

Dick Harpootlian HATES her because she won't let the Good Ol' Boys be Good Ol' Boys anymore.   He likes to refer to her as a "blogger who sells dog bowls."   Oh BTW, 100% of the proceeds of the merch goes to CHARITY.   Her holding people accountable with good old fashionable investigative journalism is one of the reasons Alex even went to trial.   So if she wants to take a victory lap of relief, she can.

I've listened since the first episode.  There are a few times where she gets worked up and gets all "I WILL NOT LET THIS REST."  Like who the hell are you?   But, if you ignore that stuff and just listen to how she puts all the pieces of Alex's shenanigans together its really good.   She was the one who found out that Judge Carmen Mullen just allowed the Gloria Satterfield personal injury case to be closed without filing the order.   At the request of .... Alex Murdaugh and Cory Fleming  (Cory's trials are still upcoming).   

Stick with it for more than an episode or two.  It's worth it.

I agree. Folks should definitely listen from the beginning in order. It also helps create an understanding about her current level of anger/frustration/etc. She came to realize pretty quickly that the problem was Alex or Alex/Corey or Alex/Corey/Russell. It's the way corruption and self-dealing has become normalized in the low country, and the fact that they people that are held up as being the pillars of the community are all focused around scratching each other's backs to assure they remain wealthy and in power. The average person kicked out of law school for cheating would not have been able to come back after a semester time out. The average person arrested for DWIs would have been fingerprinted, processed and had mug shots taken. The average person would not have been able to overdraft their account for $100k with no adverse actions. It gives a whole new meaning to the documentaries when you hear the kids talk about how the Murdaugh's were "up here" and they were "down here" and it's heartbreaking.

• Like 3