Type keyword(s) to search

Beef in the Media: Chewing the Cud

• Start Topic

I dunno -- I feel like 10 episodes is too long for something like this? Maybe this could have been three 1-hour episodes. To me, the trailer makes it seem like it would be better suited as a movie, not a series.

• Like 1

Ali Wong goes from short haired blonde hair (I think that’s what she had in the inciting road rage moment) to long black hair in the trailer, so presumably the series covers a lot of time.

On 3/16/2023 at 2:16 AM, arc said:

... so presumably the series covers a lot of time.

But does it need to, and does it need to with ten episodes, is my issue. It's probably fine, and they can tell their story however they want; but there have been more than a few cable/streaming projects that didn't need to be in an episodic format.

Edited by Trini

Inverse: Beef Serves Up Road-Rage Revenge With a Side of Withering Social Satire

The thing about Beef is that neither its title nor its premise does justice to just how smart and darkly funny this dramedy series is. Created by Lee Sung Jin as an A24 and Netflix co-production, Beef has all the teeth of today’s most withering social satires, and more perspective and wit than most “eat the rich” thrillers. Despite the spectacular heights Danny and Amy’s feud takes the 10-episode series to, Beef remains a singularly grounded (and might I say, raw) depiction of the fractured state of the Asian-American experience.

I'm so disappointed in Yeun. I'd never heard of Wong and Choe before this show came along, but I've liked Yeun since his TWD days. He knew about this shit, as did Wong - the two of them cast Choe because they are friends with him.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1

So it looks like the anthology route. I really didn't see any room for Danny and Amy besides her visiting him in prison.