Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E15: To Protect & to Serve

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

When Hicks insists SWAT participate in Patrol Day in an effort to engage more meaningfully with the community, Hondo and Deacon have their hands full mentoring the newest members of the team. Also, a suspended Tan investigates a mystery close to home

(edited)

letter-c.png

Patrol Day is always fun. Took them almost five years to get back to it again, but S1's "Patrol" (which followed a similar premise) is one of my personal favourites, so I looked forward to this one.

I'll say that this time, while not a "personal favourite", was still a satisfying effort. The storylines were well thought out and the show did well to highlight how patrol days work, with the right opportunity to show when patrols come together.

I also thought the episode gave us an interesting insight with Hondo's heart-to-heart with Powell, as he admitted that he sometimes wonders if his hopeful "be the change you want to be" mentality really does make a difference.

Luca was also thoughtful with his insight about the relationship between siblings- when you're connected by blood, you find a reason to connect. Fortunately, he does seem to have something in common with Eva anyway in the Los Angeles Kings, perhaps another callback to S1 where Luca was first introduced to hockey through the former Ranger hopeful Deacon.

It also gutted me when the drill rapper admitted the murder victim was his best friend. I always figured a lot of rap feuds are staged- like pro wrestling- but to see it tie together like this was heart wrenching. As was the killer's motive for doing what he did.

Finally, Tan seemed to have gotten some closure on Bonnie, and Eva and Luca on their own family. Pity Bonnie is likely done in this series, but there was little else for her to do.

Oh, and Niko Pepaj really brought out the charm and swagger to make Miguel Alfaro a joy to watch tonight. He and Deacon have some real chemistry too.

On to next week.

Edited by Danielg342
  • Like 4
(edited)

I truly enjoyed this episode. Back to basic.

The business owner who shot Derrick Moore, I feel for him. He thought he was in danger. 😥

Miguel Alfaro reminds me of an Energizer bunny. He’s impulsive. Good luck Becca!

Bonnie actress was seen in Magnum PI a couple of weeks ago.

Hey, maybe Tan should go on a rebound date with Eva. Have fun, no string attached, get his mojo back. 😉

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Like 1

I was glad to see Tan stepped back from his obsessive quest to learn more about Bonnie's boyfriend. I was also glad to see Luca work towards a relationship with his half sister

• Like 1

The  wife  of   the   other  man   was a real   Vile   Piece of  work  as well.     Tan  went to her  because  he  wanted  to  give  her the respect  and   courtesy  by letting  her    know   what   Trash   her   Husband   was.        Not  only   did   the   wife  already  know  this   but    then  acts   like a   Complete  ASS towards   Tan .      Clearly    she   had  No   intentions   of   giving     Tan   the   same  kind of  respect  and   courtesy   as  he   was   trying to   give    her.   

Plus  her   revelation   to  tan    that  she  was   going to  'fight  for her  husband " .      Seriously   lady ?    Your  husband  has  been  cheating  on  you   and  your   children   for MONTHS    with  a  Married   woman    and  your   conclusion  is  to be a  doormat/ rugsweeper/ cuckold   ?      Seriously  ?     Where  the  hell is   her   pride/ self respect/ dignity/ integrity/ decency and Loyalty ?     What a    great  message  and  Lesson  to   teach her children.   Wow.     This   entire  story arc/line  makes   the    Female   Gender   look  TERRIBLE . 

I  get  that the  actress  who  plays   Bonnie  wants  off the show,  so  the  writers  decided  to  "write  her  off"      Did   they   really  though   have to  Flush   her  character    completely    down   the    f'ing     Toilet   along   with  her   entire  gender  ?    

• Like 1

Every time anyone says Powell it sounds like they are saying pal to me.

I know this is not very enlightened of me, but the already smoking hot Shemar Moore in an unexpected patrol uni?  Hubba hubba.

• Like 1
On 3/5/2023 at 10:08 AM, mojoween said:

I know this is not very enlightened of me, but the already smoking hot Shemar Moore in an unexpected patrol uni?  Hubba hubba.

Guuuuurl...yum.

On 3/3/2023 at 9:05 PM, Danielg342 said:

Oh, and Niko Pepaj really brought out the charm and swagger to make Miguel Alfaro a joy to watch tonight. He and Deacon have some real chemistry too.

Totally agree. Like Street 2.0 without all that baggage, so he seems to learn his lessons a little quicker.

On 3/4/2023 at 8:55 AM, SnazzyDaisy said:

Hey, maybe Tan should go on a rebound date with Eva. Have fun, no string attached, get his mojo back.

Yeah, I think Luca might have a bit of a problem with the "no strings attached" part. That is one protective dude.