Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E17: The Enemy Within

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I know Smitty left his password out. My point was how could the dad think his son could figure out how to erase charges against him-no one would think that would work. I think it was a silly storyline.

I agree, but it's not like that's new. The underlying assumption (on my part) is that the father used his son precisely because the son knew something about computers (many kids these days are pretty good at computers) - and they both thought it would be easy enough if they just got into one of the cop's computers - because they overestimated their abilities. So for me, the point is, criminals are stupid.

• Like 1

That would work for me if the kid was older but no little kid no matter how smart would be able to locate lists of warrants for criminals and be able to make changes to protected  records. When they talked to the dad he didn’t seem dumb and explained that he was overwhelmed with medical bills. The whole thing didn’t work for me or my husband who is a police officer - even he can’t change charges all ready filed. Just my take on it, I get it that it works for others.

• Like 3
21 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

That would work for me if the kid was older but no little kid no matter how smart would be able to locate lists of warrants for criminals and be able to make changes to protected  records. When they talked to the dad he didn’t seem dumb and explained that he was overwhelmed with medical bills. The whole thing didn’t work for me or my husband who is a police officer - even he can’t change charges all ready filed. Just my take on it, I get it that it works for others.

It didn't really work for me, that's just the spin I put on it to explain the nonsense. I certainly can see that people with an actual knowledge of how it works in real life wouldn't think it works at all. There are a lot of levels to stupid - and thinking that you can walk into a police station and have your kid delete your tickets is certainly stupid, despite how smart the dad might have been otherwise.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, catsitter said:

Why did security expert Charlie let the (would-be) killer into Wesley and Lopez's house?  I hope they asked her for a refund.

He flashed a badge at the security camera and she presumably thought he was LAPD. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Ceindreadh said:

He flashed a badge at the security camera and she presumably thought he was LAPD. 

Thanks. But she could have done some checking before letting him in.

• Like 1