Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: You've Got a Friend

• Start Topic

111_the-winchesters_photo01.jpg

TAKE A BREATH – In the aftermath of the fight with Golem, Carlos (Jojo Fleites), Mary (Meg Donnelly) and Latika (Nida Khurshid) are cleaning the clubhouse when they hear a noise from outside. They creep out to investigate and spot a figure but can’t quite make it out until it turns, and they are shocked to see John (Drake Rodger) standing before them, covered in blood.  Meanwhile, Carlos and Latika set out in search of something important.  

Original Air Date: February 21, 2023      8pm      CW 

Since there’s only three episodes left counting this one, I decided to watch them but by the 37 minute mark, nothing had really happened.  I was wondering if Dean was going to show up, but again, I was denied.  I guess Jensen was filming “Big Sky” at the time, but these episodes really need some kind of jolt.  He really should have thought about appearing more often.  I had to laugh at the complete 180 Betty had about suddenly believing monsters were real after wearing a bracelet and seeing green glowing lights.  Plus that whole takedown scene with the cops as they were trying to transport John looked a bit silly.  A lot could happen in the last two episodes, but I still can’t believe that this is coming from people who spent multiple years with the OG  show.

Edited by BornToDie
Changed text

Who the heck is/was Maggie? It's only been 11 episodes, how could I have forgotten a character? Sorry, but Latika's overwrought recounting of her dear governess freezing to death was way over the top.

Why is Jensen Ackles affecting some weird cowboy accent in the opening narrative?

I can't help but feel like the writers/producers knew the show was tanking and decided to tease the audience with a Dean cameo. 

I think the show would have been much better off with a simpler monster-of-the-week format, at least for the first season. This Akrida thing is boring and seems like it's been going on forever. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Who the heck is/was Maggie? It's only been 11 episodes, how could I have forgotten a character? Sorry, but Latika's overwrought recounting of her dear governess freezing to death was way over the top.

Why is Jensen Ackles affecting some weird cowboy accent in the opening narrative?

I can't help but feel like the writers/producers knew the show was tanking and decided to tease the audience with a Dean cameo. 

I think the show would have been much better off with a simpler monster-of-the-week format, at least for the first season. This Akrida thing is boring and seems like it's been going on forever. 

Yeah, the show is getting to be a real slough to get through. Some of this is due to the large cast. I think this is the sixth traumatic background, so you bond with the character story this season. I wish I was patient enough to watch the episode when I could skim through the boring bits, but I can't stop watching live. The Akrida are a bust for me...just a knock off of a Season 7 monster who weren't that popular to begin with.

I'm starting to worry I gave Robbie too much credit. It seems MAK is right with the AU theory. If John is right, then Dean could simply have Dimension hopped from a point he was alive on the show or maybe being dead in heaven counts too. I'm actually fine with the characters being knock offs of the prime dimension. They just haven't clicked with me (which is a surprise...I thought John would be that character). All and all the show comes off like the high school production in the 200th episode. Lots of passion but the inexperience really shows. On a positive note, at least Dean gets another world save under his belt which I never expected so still a win.

It was nice getting some Latika backstory and she and Carlos are great together, even if the hysterics were a little bit much. I am also glad that the gang has a new friend on the force and that John's cop ex is in the know and is pretty cool with it, I like her. 

Its really too bad that the show has already been bogged down in an overly confused season long plot, its already rather convoluted. I would have liked some more cases of the week like when we started the season. 

• Like 3

I like the pairing of Carlos and Lata, because I do think they're two of the best characters, but I do wish they would have mixed it up more this season between the characters.

ITA that Lata's story was a little overwrought, and certainly nothing she should have felt guilty about. Her parents were the worst, the servant's death was on them, not on Lata as a child. So I thought that was a bit much.

I did like that they redeemed Betty - I was afraid her jealousy was turning her into an unreasonable shrew.

And of course, as always, Millie rocks. I want a lot more Millie if there's a second season.

I also agree that we needed more cases of the week this year.

• Like 3