Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: Boned

• Start Topic

Synopsis:

The CSI team investigates the death of an archaeologist found near the breakthrough discovery of an ancient civilization. Also, Max locates another cryptic note written in familiar silver ink after a mentally distressed woman kills her attacker.

Airdate: February 09, 2023

CSI Vegas S02 E13 - Pic 1.jpg

CSI Vegas S02 E13 - Pic 2.jpg

CSI Vegas S02 E13 - Pic 3.jpg

CSI Vegas S02 E13 - Pic 4.jpg

CSI Vegas S02 E13 - Pic 5.jpg

CSI Vegas S02 E13 - Pic 6.jpg

CSI Vegas S02 E13 - Pic 7.jpg

This was a pretty thrilling and engaging episode. Although I don’t see why the new girlfriend got so bent with everyone around her over her past case-just made her seem too bristly (I could use a meaner term, but just wanted her to get over herself!).  I really liked how Max earned that poor woman’s trust in the end. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Daff said:

Although I don’t see why the new girlfriend got so bent with everyone around her over her past case-just made her seem too bristly (I could use a meaner term, but just wanted her to get over herself!).

Same! I really disliked her being all mopey emotional because a 12,000 year old (!) skull reminded her of an old case. Like, get over it? You’re going to see skulls all the time. I hate when they make the female characters so overly emotional.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

I am more invested in the amateur archaeologist’s murder than the silver ink case.

Allie is a bit of miss-know-it-all in this archaeological case but I do enjoy seeing Josh and Serena working together, searching for the original crime scene. The scenery around the creek is gorgeous. The museum director may have the strongest motive to kill Harrison but he doesn’t seem to have the physical strength to do it. Maybe an element of surprise, money and recognition have helped him to pull it off.

I have started to lose interest the moment Molly starts babbling about mind-reading. Max using her vulnerabilities to connect with Molly, good job Max! It seems too easy and too soon for Dr. Auerbach to be the right perp in the silver ink case.

Serena doesn’t display her emotion much. This show tries to reveal the tender side of her re her Miami’s skull case but it falls flat.

Am guessing Beau will be back on the field sooner than we think. Yay! Thank you to Josh and Allie for nudging him into the right direction.

• Like 4
On 2/11/2023 at 8:55 PM, Grizzly said:

Were they trying to insinuate a relationship between the museum lady and the victim's wife?

-Sure seemed that way. Also, the actress playing the wife had the flattest affect ever. If she was acting, that was well done.

On 2/10/2023 at 11:41 PM, SnazzyDaisy said:

It seems too easy and too soon for Dr. Auerbach to be the right perp in the silver ink case.

-IMO they dropped the anvil on that several episodes ago, but it could be "her son that nobody knows about" or something lame.

On 2/11/2023 at 11:16 PM, KeithJ said:

As soon as I saw Arye Gross on screen I told my wife he was the killer.  Sure enough, he was.

-I thought it was a misdirect and it would end up being the overworked assistant guy.

• Like 1

I didn't know this guest actor killed was well-knownish. He also played the CSI killer (also sympathetic and well-acted in a memorable season 4 "Feeling the Heat".

I love CSI for more often than not having a kinda touching, memorable "gotcha, killer!" final interrogation. On NCIS, the closing formula is for the agents to... exposition the case's closing in the squad room. Yawn.

Maxine makes me laugh. Sometimes they say deliberately meta and tongue-in-cheek stuff. "If I could hear her damn thoughts, this case would be over by now".

Odd comparison but she reminds me of Gary Cole's NCIS character: chill, charismatic without trying, same mix of laidback but dogged.