Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: The Fundraiser

• Start Topic

I didn't care for the pescatarian joke.

Mr. Johnson thinking it was a religion was mildly funny, I guess. But no way would Jacob actually believe that cats are pescatarians. Jacob is oblivious in many ways, but he's not so dumb as to be unaware that cats eat land animals all the time.

• Like 2
On 1/21/2023 at 11:49 AM, Bookish Jen said:

I love how Abbott Elementary gives shout outs to things near and dear to Philadelphia.

As a schoolkid in Philly, we had some great field trips: places like the Franklin Institute, the Philadelphia Zoo, Independence Hall, the Betsy Ross House, Academy of Science, Museum of Art (not just for the Rocky steps), going up to the top of City Hall ("Billy Penn's Hat"), and lots of other fun stuff.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I too didn't quite know what we were to make of Janine eating ribs on her date. But I'd certainly like to think that she decided a man who would be bothered by that wasn't worth her time and that she should just be upfront about who she is. Gregory's seen her eating ribs and still lusts after her, so why should she really take his advice about that seriously? Maurice seemed a bit bemused, but not turned off.

Also, that comment about Maurice obviously having disposable income really got under Gregory's skin. This makes the fourth episode this season where they've had something relating to Gregory's lack of money being an issue for him. I continue to think that they're setting up for him to make some kind of move within the school.

• Like 2
On 1/23/2023 at 11:33 AM, Black Knight said:

I too didn't quite know what we were to make of Janine eating ribs on her date. But I'd certainly like to think that she decided a man who would be bothered by that wasn't worth her time and that she should just be upfront about who she is. Gregory's seen her eating ribs and still lusts after her, so why should she really take his advice about that seriously? Maurice seemed a bit bemused, but not turned off.

Also, that comment about Maurice obviously having disposable income really got under Gregory's skin. This makes the fourth episode this season where they've had something relating to Gregory's lack of money being an issue for him. I continue to think that they're setting up for him to make some kind of move within the school.

I wonder if it is an indication of her immaturity and lack of dating experience; she dated Tariq since a young age, she probably didn't have a lot of inhibition around him - they grew up together. 

• Useful 1