Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Deep Fake (2)

• Start Topic

Tennant, Jimmy Palmer and Sam Hanna find themselves captured with a woman who claims to be a CIA agent demanding intel from the team. Also, Jesse, Ernie, Whistler and Alden Parker learn about an asset that arrived in Hawai’i who could be connected to several overseas assassinations.

I think James Morrison wants to take the Colonel Badass title from Stephen Lang. I wonder where they find contractors willing to kill federal agents at the drop[ of a hat. And how do they smuggle RPG's into the states anyway? I guess it is so visually iconic something stolen from the US military would leave the audience asking what is that thing the mook is carrying.

Jesse and Callen "sqeeing" over each other, while Tennant just wants them to shut up.

It's a "Dread Pirate Roberts" situation again.

(I remember on OG NCIS many years ago; Abby was pointing out that a "low-level" gang member

was pretending to get messages from a (then unknown dead) gang boss, and Tony pointed out

that it was similar to "Dread Pirate Roberts" then as well.)

I didn't watch the first episode of this crossover but it wasn't too hard to follow along despite missing the first third of this event. And I guess the story continues on NCIS: LA? I'm not sure if I have any big investment in how this pays off so I may or may not watch that one. I wasn't too impressed with the last NCIS crossover but I recall from the Hawaii 5-0 days that the LA crew wasn't too obnoxious. 

Got to love Tennant. "I'm going with you!" Why? "Because I want to!" Between that and returning the favor on kidnapping the CIA lady, she's definitely a fan of the McGarrett Method.

I guess it is a nice break from the often silly family plots or tortured romances this show inflicts on us. No Lucy this time around and no one even has time to mention her which has the strange effect of making Whistler look like an actual cop! (Disclaimer: I don't mind these characters and their hijinks but I am compelled to note that when they are not in scenes together and/or angsting about each they just work better)

• Like 2

After feeling like I got burned by the last NCIS crossover, I had decided I wasn't going to watch all three parts.  But I did.  Still really dislike Wilmer Valderrama, and I still consider him to be among the world's worst actors.  He is about as wooden as they get, and his monotone voice induces sleep.

The NCIS Hawaii episode was entertaining, I liked the scenery and the plot.

I couldn't stand the CIA lady, and instantly recognised the actress as the actress who is currently playing the sinister Sarah Atwood on "Yellowstone".  I wanted her to get plugged so badly, too bad it didn't happen.  But I do hope she does get some serious consequences for abducting federal officers.  Probably won't happen, but one can hope.

I never noticed that really enormous wart on the right side of her face.  Maybe she does a better job of hiding it on "Yellowstone", but now that I have seen it, I cannot unsee it.  That thing qualifies for its own zip code.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
15 hours ago, dwmarch said:

I didn't watch the first episode of this crossover but it wasn't too hard to follow along despite missing the first third of this event. And I guess the story continues on NCIS: LA? I'm not sure if I have any big investment in how this pays off so I may or may not watch that one. I wasn't too impressed with the last NCIS crossover but I recall from the Hawaii 5-0 days that the LA crew wasn't too obnoxious. 

Got to love Tennant. "I'm going with you!" Why? "Because I want to!" Between that and returning the favor on kidnapping the CIA lady, she's definitely a fan of the McGarrett Method.

I guess it is a nice break from the often silly family plots or tortured romances this show inflicts on us. No Lucy this time around and no one even has time to mention her which has the strange effect of making Whistler look like an actual cop! (Disclaimer: I don't mind these characters and their hijinks but I am compelled to note that when they are not in scenes together and/or angsting about each they just work better)

Spoiler

Agent Tara is all over the Los Angeles episode.

Los Angeles episode spoiler

• Like 1

Hey, that’s Claire Dutton from 1883 !!!

Gosh, I hate crossover episodes because then I have to watch NCIS and NCIS LA too. I truly cannot stand the cocky Torres and the unkempt Deeks. That Fatima lady is annoying, more than Lucy, surprisingly.

Re Lucy, is she being released temporarily from the NCIS Agent afloat programme to be involved in this investigation? Logically, she doesn’t have to, Kai or Jesse are more than capable to handle the task.

I was low-key hoping for Agent Gibbs and Agent Pride to show-up. But based on the quality of this crossover, am glad they didn’t. The Cockroach and the Simon Williams things are really meh.

NCIS universe needs to learn from One Chicago on how to do great crossovers without the cliché of “I outrank you so I am in-charge” stuff. 😣

Edited by SnazzyDaisy

I was at least hoping for a NOLA shout out but instead we got a mention of.....NCIS Great Lakes?   Lame.  It seemed each field office got to send to agents so it stood out not having anything to do with NOLA. 

It was also odd having NCIS run this case.  The professor was a FLETC instructor who would have trained for dozens of agencies, including the FBI who I assume would have pulled rank on the investigation. 

I recognized the fake agent as the fixer on Magnum PI.  She had been setup as a recurring foil there before it was cancelled.  NCIS is reusing a lot of actors you had high profile roles on Magnum and Hawaii 5-0, which is odd since both have been firmly established as being in the NCIS universe. 

As mentioned somewhere in my this crossover, Tenet has jurisdiction over the Pacific Rim, so presumably she has enough authority to pull anyone she wants  for temporary duty.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Maverick said:

I was at least hoping for a NOLA shout out but instead we got a mention of.....NCIS Great Lakes?   Lame.  It seemed each field office got to send to agents so it stood out not having anything to do with NOLA. 

It was also odd having NCIS run this case.  The professor was a FLETC instructor who would have trained for dozens of agencies, including the FBI who I assume would have pulled rank on the investigation. 

I recognized the fake agent as the fixer on Magnum PI.  She had been setup as a recurring foil there before it was cancelled.  NCIS is reusing a lot of actors you had high profile roles on Magnum and Hawaii 5-0, which is odd since both have been firmly established as being in the NCIS universe. 

As mentioned somewhere in my this crossover, Tenet has jurisdiction over the Pacific Rim, so presumably she has enough authority to pull anyone she wants  for temporary duty.  

As I understand it FLETC handled everybody except the FBI and DEA who go to Quantico. Hence ex FBI Agent Parker who replaced Gibbs making the crack about even the FBI respecting the cockroach. As best as I can determine the FLETC facility near the capital is used for refresher training and qualifications I guess instead of sending agents and DC police to Virginia or Maryland for such services. It would be in Georgia where the Army once trained their Military Police that all real feds except the FBI and DEA began their careers.

I was trying to place the rogue CIA fixer. JAG/NCIS has always been on the Law & Order level of reusing reoccurring characters  and even stars in other roles. I would question if LL Cool J and Chris O'Donnell even remember that they did a home and away crossover with Hawaii 5-0. Of the last 5-0 task force actors  one is on NCIS as an agent and another plays a New Zealand spy on NCIS: Hawai'i that everyone expects a return visit from.

I think that it is only on Hawai'i that Tennant's Special Agent in Charge is a thing. Agent Pride had a similar position in the second half of NOLA but they never played it up much except for his wish to get back to protecting his city. I've said this a few times, I still think the show was originally pitched as a Coast Guard show but CBS forced Navy to make the deal. As such it feels different than the other NCIS shows. With her assistant Chief of Staff to the Pacific Fleet limited appearances the feeling that Janey is a mini Vance who goes into the field is lessened.