Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Little Boxes

• Start Topic

1034809_3_3514659_03_800x600.jpg
Alice wonders whether someone from her past could be "The One." Dani tries to hide her true feelings and keep things professional with Dre while Angie confronts a hard truth in order to take the next step with Hendrix. Sophie jeopardizes Micah and Maribel's chance at parenthood. Finley channels all of her energy into being Carrie's wingman.

Original Streaming Date: December 28, 2022        Showtime OnDemand
Original Air Date: December 30, 2022      Showtime    8pm
1034809_3_3514659_06_800x600.jpg

At this point, I'm just holding on until the inevitable cancellation. They literally have NO IDEA what to do with these characters. 

I particularly liked them recycling the season 1, episode 1 storyline from the OG when Bette and Tina invited a random guy home hoping he would impregnate Tina. Sure, random stranger in a bar will immediately agree to be a donor after 10 minutes of conversation. Sure. 🙄

I have zero interest in Carrie or her love life. 

Sophie is a hot ass mess. 

I was actually embarassed for Alice throwing herself at Tom like that. You can't just break someone's heart and then be like, "Hey, wanna get back together even though we've had no contact whatsoever?" The kitten was cute AF though. 

Hendrix is an ASS. I'm at least glad that they didn't show him and Angie having sex because in my head I'm like, "You are still a baby in diapers! You shouldn't be having sex with anyone! Go to your room!" 👵

3 episodes left. Please Showtime, put us out of our misery. 

• Like 1

I love Carrie's parental relationship with Finley, I'm enjoying this direction. Perhaps Carrie can help Finley find work that isn't at a bar and doesn't let her just abandon work shifts because of girlfriend drama.

SO glad Hendrix and Angie are over. What even was the point of that? I hope she reports him.

I've been begging for a Tasha update since this reboot began, but that wasn't the one I wanted! Come on, Alice, go find her!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 12/31/2022 at 2:09 PM, gesundheit said:

SO glad Hendrix and Angie are over. What even was the point of that? I hope she reports him.

Seriously, how did this story ever get past anyone in the writer's room? The guy starts dating a FRESHMAN in his class as if it's never occurred to him how inappropriate it is, much less that it ought to get him fired. He invites her for a weekend and sleeps with her, knowing that it's her first time. And then he suddenly realizes that yes, this is something he ought to be ashamed about, so decides to deal with that by making an "I love you so much I have to break up with you--hold on, I just gotta call from my agent, omg, he wants to see the whole ms!" speech and breaking up with her? And now he's going to go back to grading her creative writing?

This guy needs to be reported and not allowed to teach. I'm still surprised that not only Angie but her roommate keep treating this as if he's just a guy she's dating and not a huge breach of ethics. Neither of them have even mentioned her going back to class--even to make an obvious joke about how she's guaranteed an A now.

• Like 2
On 1/1/2023 at 11:57 PM, sistermagpie said:

Seriously, how did this story ever get past anyone in the writer's room?

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

I'VE READ MORE COMPETENTLY WRITTEN FAN FICTION! 

At this point I'm hate-watching just to shit on it. 

• Like 3
On 12/31/2022 at 10:59 AM, MicheleinPhilly said:

At this point, I'm just holding on until the inevitable cancellation. They literally have NO IDEA what to do with these characters. 

I particularly liked them recycling the season 1, episode 1 storyline from the OG when Bette and Tina invited a random guy home hoping he would impregnate Tina. Sure, random stranger in a bar will immediately agree to be a donor after 10 minutes of conversation. Sure. 🙄

I have zero interest in Carrie or her love life. 

Sophie is a hot ass mess. 

I was actually embarassed for Alice throwing herself at Tom like that. You can't just break someone's heart and then be like, "Hey, wanna get back together even though we've had no contact whatsoever?" The kitten was cute AF though. 

Hendrix is an ASS. I'm at least glad that they didn't show him and Angie having sex because in my head I'm like, "You are still a baby in diapers! You shouldn't be having sex with anyone! Go to your room!" 👵

3 episodes left. Please Showtime, put us out of our misery. 

Agreed.

I don't get either how the Angie storyline got out of the writer's room.  Maybe if it was the first run of the OG L word but not now. Especially with the whole "METOO and this is an obvious power indifference (as well as age) in their relationship.

Micha meeting his cis twin at a party and them no less asking for sperm and the guy being ok with it was WAY too far fetched. And do not tell me that they couldn't find 1 person of the same ethnicity as Micha on the sperm donor registry. 

Carrie was the only half interesting storyline in this episode. And i cannot stand either Carrie or Finley.

Regardless if Tom was available, Alice would have thrown him to the curb (again!) because he is too conventional for Alice. 

Sophie needs major major therapy. STAT.

Just kill the show network. It's just done.

• Applause 2