Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Ex-en-Provence

• Start Topic

Hmm, we are back to the hint-hint of Emily/Gabriel...😣

"Maybe he'll throw in your chef for the event, you know? The one you have that will they or won't they thing with."

- Julien

"What a pleasure to serve such a lovely couple."

- Note from L'Esprit du Luberon's chef/owner

Wait, Emily didn't take any picture of the Michelin Star dishes at the restaurant and post them? Come on! 😱

Some looks that stand out - lovely colors!

73705EFE-0616-4FF7-AF4F-E2FF2FE43441.jpeg

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Like 3

Having Sylvie going back to her "husband" that fast after being upset that she got dump there was too much. Also proved that really, Sylvie gave up a quiet and comfortable life with her husband because she "wanted" to be this big business woman at this point just makes her petty. Plus, this is why Maddie was so upset at how Suvair was getting clients through: affairs, back door dealings and everyone was: "Hey this is France/Europe". Now, ,they are all like: "Well, be happy and stay away from my husband/boyfriend from now on." Yet they all acted like: "Well, it's business." I do like how both Alfie and Emily told Antoine and were like: "It's so simple and I don't know why we didn't think of it sooner?' Only for Antoine to be bruised pride that he also did think that way and then decided they were right in the end. 

The biggest problem with these characters we have learned over the last three seasons is they don't want to "make the tough choices" even though everyone is like: "Why don't you? What are you so scared of." I mean when you look at it, Sylvie just didn't want the boring life in the country, but at the same time, her husband could have been: "Well ok, let's just split up, not like have children or anything and our parents are all long dead." With Antoine's wife she should have been: "Enough of this crap, I'll take half what is mine and you will survive because you do hire smarter people than you to keep your ego in check and seriously, you are a good investor in businessman, not like our families are going to throw fits if we divorce." 

Edited by readster
proper grammar.
  • Like 1

They could have done a much better job making Provence look good. For such a gorgeous part of the world, it looked pretty dull, IMO.

Emily's faux pas with the Theodule's name was not amusing, Show. Or remarking that the McLaren owner's name was one she could pronounce. Ugh. So disrespectful.

Why this show believes Emily and Gabriel should be end game I don't know why. It reminds me of what happened in Love, Victor. Just because the couple got together in the first season doesn't mean they are destined to be by the final episode of the show (especially when hoops have to be jumped through to get there). I find Gabriel more palatable when he is Emily's friend guiding her through French life with gentle ribbing, when he is with Emily as a love interest, he is boring. Alfie is (well could be if the writers wanted him to be) such a better match for Emily - at least I feel there is chemistry.

And I know I am slow to this, but why are Emily's clothes so much more extravagant than everyone elses? I know it's just a show, but its jarring when it's obvious she can't afford those clothes and she is only wearing them so the show can show off the fashion (it's not Devol Wears Prada. Everyone else at the dinner launch were in regular dinner party clothes and Emily was sticking out with her loofah inspired outfit.

Anyway, enough bitching. This is mindless fluff perfect for my holiday. And I need less Camille and Mindy drama and more Luc and Julien airtime please.

• Like 4

Doesn't Eric know that Sylvie had former lovers and a husband?  Its not that unusual for separated/former spouses/lovers to still get along and meet up for certain things.