Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: In the White Room

• Start Topic

I hope they give the squiggly Squeegel baddie a good reason-for-being and high caliber actor to make all the slooow buildup to his reveal worth it. Could have saved guest actor Richard Picardo (who was on a recent CSI V episode) for this. Still a better crime story than NCIS.

Come to think of it, Allie's "Jeff Bezos stalker" was a chilling actor too. Forgot the character's name.

I'm seeing unexpected similarities between Maxine Roby and my favorite NCIS character Parker (Gary Cole): wandering around with effortless fun magnetism in every scene, despite not being  given many meaningful interactions with the rest of the main characters (other than 'boss to report to'). Love them!

• Like 1

The psych doctor at the center of this is, I presume, dead. Why aren't they looking for an assistant or relative who would have the patient files? The person living in the white room is clearly out of their mind but is a master manipulator and computer wizard? 

Now we know why Grace’s murder mystery has been resolved quite early in S2.

The murder of Clarence Mosley and Shelby Winslow are accidentally connected to their previous cases - Lamont Moore (S02E01 - She’s Gone) and Peter Nesicolacci/Albert Santoni (S02E06 - There’s the Rub). Lamont is killed for not killing Peter/Albert. What’s the connection between Peter/Albert and the Basilisk? And how are they connected to the psychiatrist, Dr. Leon Sarkisian?

One thing that I don’t really understand - why Richard Sloan’s laptop is not being properly examined by their IT Forensics instead.

Here we go again with Allie and Josh. She finally confesses her feeling to him with “we can’t be friends anymore”. What a tiring trope! 😣

• Like 2
3 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

why Richard Sloan’s laptop is not being properly examined by their IT Forensics instead.

Because the IT Forensics team would know to "isolate" an unknown laptop (especially one you suspect/know that the "bad guy" can access) from being able to connect to the internet/other computers before turning it on/examining it. Our CSIs, however, didn't know that (Penny, who apparently did know that (since she shut it down and told them), was late to the party) and thus allowed Basilisk to spy on them & get their photo. In other words, if it happened the way it should have, we wouldn't have a story.

On 12/18/2022 at 1:27 PM, illdoc said:

"why Richard Sloan’s laptop is not being properly examined by their IT Forensics instead?"

Because the IT Forensics team would know to "isolate" an unknown laptop (especially one you suspect/know that the "bad guy" can access) from being able to connect to the internet/other computers before turning it on/examining it. Our CSIs, however, didn't know that (Penny, who apparently did know that (since she shut it down and told them), was late to the party)

I saw it and thought they had a surprise Ted Danson or other Cyber cast cameo about to come.

• Like 1
On 12/18/2022 at 1:18 PM, SnazzyDaisy said:

Now we know why Grace’s murder mystery has been resolved quite early in S2.

I'm not sure we do. It kind of seems like they dropped one arc for another but why? I kind of like the arc and I thought it was a good episode and it was certainly an unexpected twist. But I'm not sure why they dropped the other one for this one. Why not expand the other one? I wonder if something happened behind the scenes and if so, what.

Why is Allie aggravating me so much? She's not doing anything but she's annoying the hell out of me and I have no idea why. That aside, I kind of want her to fail her level 3 exam because she was so blasé about it. Her colleagues mean well. They've taken the test. So why not appreciate that they're trying to help her pass it and make sure she's well prepared because no matter how well prepared you think you are, taking a test is different than studying for it and I think having to answer questions on the spot while being distracted by a crime scene can help because it sort of puts her on the spot.
I also thought she looked ridiculous when Selena was attacked and she did not come across convincingly at all. She seemed rather helpless and lost.

I kind of feel like TPTB don't quite know what to do with Catherine and that she doesn't have a defined role. She's not the boss/supervisor but Maxine doesn't really tell her what to do either and she's sort of calling her own shots, as in, she gets involved in what she wants to get involved in... It's not that I mind and I do like the dynamic between the two women but when she doesn't interact with Maxine, she doesn't seem to be part of the team. I guess, given that she's considered a legend, it sort of makes sense if the others weren't quite sure how to act around her and how exactly to treat her. It could certainly be interesting if it were addressed but I don't think it's deliberate. Hopefully, Catherine's role will be a bit more defined now that she has Penny to mentor.

• Like 1