Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Last To Know

• Start Topic

In a special Halloween episode, Micah finds a queer role model with a familiar face, while a new face comes to town and helps Dani and Sophie break out of their funk. Meanwhile, Alice tests the waters of her new relationship, until scary movie night becomes a little too scary. Shocking truths come to light when the masks come off.

Original Streaming Date: December 9, 2022        Showtime OnDemand
Original Air Date: December 11, 2022      Showtime    8pm
LWGQ_304_1258_R.thumb.jpg.4a89b481b284531085045f9833063cd6.jpg

I thought the idea (perhaps a retroactive justification) behind Jennifer Beals leaving taking a reduced role is to transition the show to focus more on the young generation, and that was therefore why the previous episode broke the tradition of having every episode title be an L word, in favor of a Q word ("Quiz Show"). So why are we now back to L word titles?

Edited by Corgi-ears

Angie's story is infuriating. I was giving them a chance to have it turn a corner, but apparently they thought it would be cute to double down.

I did get a kick out of Finley being this outraged at Shane. Shane's being gross, but it's Finley! 

Nice to see Max show up (and get an apology!). The funny thing is that at first I thought, "Oh that's nice, they're giving Daniel Sea a cameo in a nod to the original" and then they called him Max and I still thought "what a nice homage." Took me another full five seconds to remember this whole thing is the same universe. Oops. Gen Q just seems so disconnected when we're with the new gen.

So who was actually working at Dana's on Halloween? They'd better staff up for New Year's or at the rate they are going, no one is going to be able to get a drink there with all the staff doing anything but working on the busiest nights of the year.

• Love 1
On 12/10/2022 at 10:23 AM, gesundheit said:

Angie's story is infuriating. I was giving them a chance to have it turn a corner, but apparently they thought it would be cute to double down.

How is her roommate not reacting to "he's my teacher!" by saying, "WTF? That's not okay." Not only is he a teacher but he's *her* teacher? He's dating a freshman in his own class? This isn't the 1970s, L Word. Nobody thinks that's cute. He ought to be fired.

I did get a kick out of Finley being this outraged at Shane. Shane's being gross, but it's Finley! 

As usual in her weird child-like way. I looked up to you! She's not your dad, Finley. And if you didn't know this was her, you didn't know Shane. It's literally her thing.

Nice to see Max show up (and get an apology!). The funny thing is that at first I thought, "Oh that's nice, they're giving Daniel Sea a cameo in a nod to the original" and then they called him Max and I still thought "what a nice homage." Took me another full five seconds to remember this whole thing is the same universe. Oops. Gen Q just seems so disconnected when we're with the new gen.

LOL. As usual I remember Max well but I have no memory at all of anything that happened with him. Though I do have a vague memory of everyone on a plane acting like Max was selfish for wanting of top surgery too badly.

9 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

So who was actually working at Dana's on Halloween? They'd better staff up for New Year's or at the rate they are going, no one is going to be able to get a drink there with all the staff doing anything but working on the busiest nights of the year.

IKR? And there's Finley alone at the bar, working her steps...? And then they have this other bar they want to open too?

Maribel is one of these characters who presents herself as the most together but is decidedly not. If your feelings about your dad are so present that you bring it up in this conversation, it's not strange for someone to suggest you deal with them before you have a baby. Micah's worried about changing diapers but it seems like he needs to figure out what it's going to be like with his partner first.

• Love 2

Maribel gives me whiplash. I seriously can not figure out what she wants at any given moment. If I was Micah, I would seriously reevaluate the wisdom in having a baby with her. 

Am I supposed to believe that Dani now hangs out with Sophie and Finley regularly, to the point where she is high-fiving Finley? Yeah, no. 

This episode felt like filler to me. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
6 hours ago, MicheleinPhilly said:

Maribel gives me whiplash. I seriously can not figure out what she wants at any given moment. If I was Micah, I would seriously reevaluate the wisdom in having a baby with her. 

Yes, like when is someone going to notice that she's actual a mess?

• Like 1