Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: The Essex College Food Workers Strike

• Start Topic

This was probably my favorite episode of the second season. 

Eric calling out Bela in front of her comedy friends, who kept trying to defend her until he kept providing more details that really made it clear it was Bela's mistake. made me laugh.  Plus Tuc Watkins shows up as one of Eric's dads. 

But my favorite part of the show was Kimberly and Canaan's union quest.  Even though there was nothing outright romantic about them, I had forgotten just how much natural chemistry they have so I was very excited they had a story together.  And Sherri Shephard was hilarious from her "what white fresh hell is this" and her explaining that she should have Googled the person she quoted.  Lila going to the rally in disguise was also a treat. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I'm glad Bella's cheating finally caught up to her. I love her but her constantly using sex to get ahead is problematic. She finally faced consequences. Plus, I never liked Eric, lol.

Lila is probably my favorite secondary character ever. I crack up every time she's on screen. Her saying she had to leave before she slapped Kimberly's titties had me rolling. 

• Like 2

Not gonna lie, the quote about 'human strength lies in its labor' coming from a slave owner was fucked up and cringe-funny in context.  LOL.

6 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Eric calling out Bela in front of her comedy friends, who kept trying to defend her until he kept providing more details that really made it clear it was Bela's mistake. made me laugh.  Plus Tuc Watkins shows up as one of Eric's dads. 

This!  Also it was just fun to see them riding hard for Eric.

2 hours ago, emma675 said:

I'm glad Bella's cheating finally caught up to her. I love her but her constantly using sex to get ahead is problematic. She finally faced consequences.

This too!

I really liked Bela's yellow outfit she wore when Eric called her out.  It was giving Dion and Cher from clueless/

• Love 3

Eric is probably gone as a character now.

These girls aren't going to be in boring monogamous relationships for a long time.

Seems like they're fated to have a series of relationships.

Whitney's reason for hooking up with her lab partner was his arms?

Really low bar, though it's suppose to be about young women discovering themselves sexually so whatever works?

On 12/8/2022 at 3:15 PM, Irlandesa said:

But my favorite part of the show was Kimberly and Canaan's union quest.  Even though there was nothing outright romantic about them, I had forgotten just how much natural chemistry they have so I was very excited they had a story together.  

This so much. There is such an ease with them that is just really nice to watch.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, aghst said:

Yeah it doesn't seem that long ago.

They probably didn't want to delve into how screwed up college finances are.  It's a comedy show!

Also she’ll need whatever the difference is ($45K?) per year, if I recall correctly. It’s not a one and done situation. But oh well:

Bela deserved everything she got - she’s had it coming. Lesson learned the hard way, but that’s how lessons stick.

On 12/9/2022 at 1:10 PM, aghst said:

Whitney's reason for hooking up with her lab partner was his arms?

Really low bar, though it's suppose to be about young women discovering themselves sexually so whatever works?

I mean, I think she just thought he was hot (he could get it - nice and tall) so she hooked up with him. That’s the basis for most hookups. Plus there’s a competitive energy between them, which can lead to kind of primal attraction.

• Like 1
  • Love 1