Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: The Ask

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Thony will do anything to get him a new medication, including asking Kamdar for help.

Of course, Thorny will do anything. She has had so many opportunities to just take Luca back to the Philippines and be done with all the illegal crap, but she would rather just stay in the US and keep digging the hole deeper and deeper.

Also, what kind of doctor watches a guy take his last breath and doesn't attempt a little CPR? As I've said before, she likes to play God.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, eel21788 said:

Of course, Thorny will do anything. She has had so many opportunities to just take Luca back to the Philippines and be done with all the illegal crap, but she would rather just stay in the US and keep digging the hole deeper and deeper.

What Thony needs is available in the Philippines, she is a heart surgeon, probably teaching at the Heart Center in Manila. Or Cambodia which probably sent her to the Philippines to learn in the first place when she married Marco and stayed. In Las Vegas Luca is nursed by his aunt in between cleaning jobs. Since the transplant in Mexico having Luca as the driving force is silly. Thony having no other familiar ties beyond Fiona however is a motivating factor beyond dreams of now un married Arman.

Given Marco's business success before gambling it away I had assumed her parents were okay financially and Fiona left for old school family embarrassment of a single mother. Although she is a bit young for that as the single parent rate is now ear that of America's. But then she is handing cash to Thony for her parents. If she consumes anything Filipino the Google bot will find it and she will be bombarded with ads to remit money back home.

The Ask itself. Old mentor shows up at your door with let's do crime pitch. With her thinking you Filipinos are corrupt pitch. When that doesn't work You're okay money wise how about as a medical mission for poor immigrants in Las Vegas. I think they are building the case where Thony wants to kill Kamdar as much as Arman does. I wonder if Kamdar checked in with local gangsters like undercover police do when going into someone else's jurisdiction.

9 hours ago, paigow said:

How is Bosco dead? Those cartel stormtroopers look like they missed 90% of their shots...

In old westerns the settlers and cavalry mostly survived such attacks. Given my experience on the range with a partially stabilized tank I agree with Snoop on The Wire when she scoffed against the drive by tactics and am surprised they even got bullets onto the trailers with all that shooting while bouncing on the back of an ATV.

Edited by Raja
key is sticking, new keyboard time
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Raja said:

In Las Vegas Luca is nursed by his aunt in between cleaning jobs. 

Nobody has cleaned much of anything lately except for money. Thus, the title of the show is becoming a little irrelevant.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Raja said:

Old mentor shows up at your door with let's do crime pitch. With her thinking you Filipinos are corrupt pitch. When that doesn't work You're okay money wise how about as a medical mission for poor immigrants in Las Vegas.

Does she really think that they are both so dumb that they don't know what the kind of drugs Thorny was trying to procure were used for? For Pete's sake, cocaine, heroine, benozos, adderall and the like in huge quantities aren't going to be necessary for the poor immigrants in the US any more than they are needed legitimately in the Philippines, either.

• Love 1

They really have Thony blowing up all her relationships. Thanks, I hate it. 😑

Hey, Isabel! I wondered whether we'd ever see her again. But selling the hotel was the only thing she really needed to come back for, so that's probably the last we see of her. So now Kamdar will own La Habana; but that was Nadia's plan right? She seemed surprised that he did.

Not that Kamdar doesn't deserve to die, but Arman killing him (or trying and failing) might create more problems than it solves.

This new deal with Thony and Kamdar seems like a bad idea for all involved; so yeah, I'm wondering how she's going to get out of this one!

• Love 1
On 11/30/2022 at 1:57 AM, Trini said:

Not that Kamdar doesn't deserve to die, but Arman killing him (or trying and failing) might create more problems than it solves.

This new deal with Thony and Kamdar seems like a bad idea for all involved; so yeah, I'm wondering how she's going to get out of this one!

Arman kills Kamdar... Arman goes to jail for killing Maya...

Nadia takes over everything and cuts Thony and Arman loose...

Thony gets a cleaning job at the prison so she can break Arman out...

Is Arman actually married to Nadia? If he is actually single, he could marry Thony and solve the immigration issue... although he will be in jail...

Edited by paigow
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Trini said:

They really have Thony blowing up all her relationships. 

Considering how furious she was with her husband for alienating all of their friends and family in The Philippines by borrowing/stealing money, you'd think she would have come up with a better plan than trying to convince her old friends and former pupil (who idolizes her) to commit a crime that will get them the death penalty if they're caught (while she probably gets off scott free because she would already be back in the US with another excuse for why she can never repatriate herself or her son to The Philippines).

Hitting people up for money for a gambling habit (after all it is a disease) isn't looking so heinous now, is it Thorny?

• Love 2
On 11/30/2022 at 4:23 PM, eel21788 said:

Considering how furious she was with her husband for alienating all of their friends and family in The Philippines by borrowing/stealing money, you'd think she would have come up with a better plan than trying to convince her old friends and former pupil (who idolizes her) to commit a crime that will get them the death penalty if they're caught (while she probably gets off scott free because she would already be back in the US with another excuse for why she can never repatriate herself or her son to The Philippines).

Hitting people up for money for a gambling habit (after all it is a disease) isn't looking so heinous now, is it Thorny?

Of course there is no death penalty at this time President Arroyo got rid of it in 2006, like the Illinois' governor did in that state, to lure the Pope to visit. While President Duterte wanted it only a few senators are advocating it. The present President Marcos, the son, is publicly undecided on the issue 

Edited by Raja
  • Useful 1