Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Streaming (PBS Passport & PBS Masterpiece) Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

This thread is to discuss Season 3 of Miss Scarlett and The Duke which is being released all at once on PBS Passport or weekly on PBS Masterpiece.  Nov. 24th marks the first availability for both. 

Once Season 3 starts to air on a television network, either in the US or the UK, the episode threads will open for discussion and talk for available episodes should move there.  At this point, that looks to begin on Jan. 8th 2023.

Should PBS start to regularly release the show on one of their streaming channels prior to airing, I may revisit when episode threads are open for discussion.

But for now, discuss the new season here. 

6 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

It's strange that Duke wasn't in an episode and almost not in a second. I wonder if something came up for the actor in the middle of filming.  I did like the episode that took place in France even without Duke.  It was a pretty good mystery. 

Yes the French country hotel episode had some intriguing writing.  Glad they are fleshing out Nash's background a bit.  

Is there going to be a Season 4?  The last episode was pretty open-ended.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 11/24/2022 at 2:30 PM, Door County Cherry said:

This thread is to discuss Season 3 of Miss Scarlett and The Duke which is being released all at once on PBS Passport or weekly on PBS Masterpiece.  Nov. 24th marks the first availability for both. 

Once Season 3 starts to air on a television network, either in the US or the UK, the episode threads will open for discussion and talk for available episodes should move there.  At this point, that looks to begin on Jan. 8th 2023.

Should PBS start to regularly release the show on one of their streaming channels prior to airing, I may revisit when episode threads are open for discussion.

But for now, discuss the new season here. 

Wait! What??? Season 3 is available? now?

1 minute ago, taanja said:

Wait! What??? Season 3 is available? now?

Yes. In the US, at least.  The whole season is available if you have PBS Passport.  If you subscribe to PBS Masterpiece, an episode is being released every Thursday.  This is all before it airs on the PBS Channel in Jan.  

It was a surprise announcement last week. 

• Love 1

Yay! I had convinced myself that season three would definitely be the last. So happy to be wrong. I won't be able to watch season 3 until January, and I am currently annoyed with Eliza and William, but I need them to at least kiss before the show ends! (I am guessing a kiss did not happen in the third season since I've not seen anything about it here or on Tumblr, LOL).

• Love 1
On 12/1/2022 at 12:52 AM, Door County Cherry said:

They kissed in Season 1, right?

Alas, no, they did not kiss in Season 3.  He did get a new girlfriend who was an old rival of Eliza.  And she accused him of being in love with Eliza  (obviously).  

I think they only discussed the memory of the kiss when they were teenagers. (maybe there was even a flashback?) But No. We have NOT seen adult Eliza and William kiss.

I was thinking about this. A kiss is kind of a promise of marriage in Victorian times? No? They would both be aware of this etiquette. I feel they have shown William to be cautious with his feelings and he keeps them close to his vest. He is not going to be kising Eliza all willy nilly until he is ready to declare his intensions.

I only have PBS Masterpiece.  I am guessing the reason Duke was absent in episodes is because he's too busy courting Arabella Herbert, Eliza's childhood nemesis (S3E2).  I could see there was a spark between those two, and what better way to introduce drama than to pair Duke with a rival. It's a dirty tactic it but could be effective.  I wonder how this ends up at the end of S3; I am tempted to get Passport.

• Like 1

Episode 5 was good! Admittedly I didn’t care too much for the episode without the Duke and also the one where he was minimally present. While I enjoy the cases the chemistry/dynamic between the leads really makes the show fun.

This episode upped the ante so to speak between them, especially at the end. Her frenemy is showing her true colors.😉

Descriptions of remaining episodes 4 - 6 of Season 3 (to be aired in the USA)...
https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/schedule/ 

JAN 29 | 8:00PM ET NEW
Miss Scarlet and The Duke, Season 3: Episode 4: Bloodline

Detective Fitzroy sees one of his colleagues plant evidence on a suspect. With Duke away, Fitzroy turns to Eliza for help.
FEB 5 | 8:00PM ET NEW
Miss Scarlet and The Duke, Season 3: Episode 5: The Heir

Eliza is on the verge of earning life-changing money when she offers to help the heir to an unclaimed fortune.

FEB 12 | 8:00PM ET NEW
Miss Scarlet and The Duke, Season 3: Episode 6: The Jewel of the North

When Eliza receives a bomb in the mail, she teams up with Duke, Moses and her old enemy Patrick Nash to find out who is behind the delivery.

Edited by tv echo