Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Highland Wedding

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

I kind of love how Martha is the one to go gun toting off on a rescue mission while Thomas stays at home to watch the kid. And pout. But Martha is right, “embrace the fuckery.”

I’m sorry, but I laughed at Francis expecting to be beloved by his lullaby disciples and instead got beaten to death.

Aziz on lullaby gets a nuke dropped on London. Way to go, Aziz.

12 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

I can suspend disbelief with genre shows only so far. I'm fine with the cyberpunk stuff. Somebody doing Gloria Gaynor karaoke in what's supposed to be the 'Swinging 60s" is a bridge too far for me, though.

For one, it’s the 70s now, since there was a five year time jump. But for me, in a world with steampunk humans and milk that makes a whole city go crazy, I can live with musical anachronisms.

1 hour ago, paigow said:

Technically, the wedding is not official.... Alfie never said I do

Can Lucius marry them anyway? He’s a scientist, not any sort of clergyman.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 11/24/2022 at 9:48 AM, NeenerNeener said:

I can suspend disbelief with genre shows only so far. I'm fine with the cyberpunk stuff. Somebody doing Gloria Gaynor karaoke in what's supposed to be the 'Swinging 60s" is a bridge too far for me, though.

Then you would have hated American Horror Story: Freak Show, which featured Jessica Lange and Evan Peters's characters singing covers of "Life on Mars?" (David Bowie, 1971), "Criminal" (Fiona Apple, 1997), "Gods and Monsters" (Lana Del Rey, 2012), "Come as You Are" (Nirvana, 1992) and "'Heroes'" (David Bowie, 1977) in the '50s.

Edited by Noneofyourbusiness
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

It's not the late 70s disco era though, which was when that song was popular.

It’s an alternate universe where Sandra’s song about candy somethings and caravans is a big hit. It’s not really an anachronism if it’s an alternate universe, anything is possible, including disco having an early start. *shudder*

6 hours ago, kariyaki said:

It’s an alternate universe where Sandra’s song about candy somethings and caravans is a big hit. It’s not really an anachronism if it’s an alternate universe, anything is possible, including disco having an early start. *shudder*

Maybe The Beatles, The Who and The Rolling Stones never existed in this universe...

• Sad 2
  • LOL 1

That was a wild ending, I don't know where we go from here. London has seen some rough times on this show, but they just dropped a freaking bomb on the whole city. Is this when we head to Gotham permanently? That was a fun season, a little all over the place, but a very fun time. Its fully embraced the crazy, just like Martha and Thomas, and that's what I love about the show. I really enjoy that Martha was the one to run in guns a blazing while Thomas stayed home with their daughter, and both of them have reached a point where that's fine. Martha certainly loves being a mom and wife, but she enjoys her adventures, while Thomas can handle himself decently in an action scene and can have some fun doing spy shit, he mostly just wants to settle down and be a family man now. 

I can get why Sandra is upset with Alfie about his reaction to being pregnant, but I think she was a bit harsh with him, he's always tried to do right by her even if he didn't always handle things well. I guess some of it was just being hurt, because when he really laid out his heart for her she was very down to get married. So where does that leave us? Like with little Samantha, Alfred having a wife and child doesn't really square with what we know what the lore, so that makes me quite concerned. 

Francis really got a good smack from the karma stick, that made me laugh harder than it probably should have. 

I'm really glad that Mrs. P's boyfriend didn't turn out to be a plant and didn't get killed off, he's such a sweet man and she deserves to find someone. Plus, he must be made of stern stuff if he could make it through a rioting crazy London in one piece, complete with dog. 

I enjoy anachronistic music, especially when its obviously a stylistic choice and not a lack of research. The show has always taken place in a weird anachronistic version of London, complete with blimps and public executions broadcasted on live TV, its one of the things that I love about the show and I think makes it work so well in the Batman lore. Gotham also always feel weirdly anachronistic and stylized, I can see the show easily transitioning from this London to Gotham. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Like with little Samantha, Alfred having a wife and child doesn't really square with what we know what the lore, so that makes me quite concerned.

Well, Alfred does have a daughter Julia in the comics, but her mother is a French resistance fighter named Marie.