Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: I Love Judging People

• Start Topic

Funny enough, there was a piece on NPR this morning about lithium and a projected future shortage! 

They must have had a blast doing the lines for the recordings about Karen. I loved all the Spike jokes getting dings. And "Simply the Best" is a folk song.

I figured Iris was #1 with the smile scam, but Mads made sense. 

I got confused because I thought the higher number was 'good' when they were splitting up. 

I did like the whole plot hinged on Judd building the ship for a tax break. 

• Like 2

Eels: celery of the sea. Hmm, I like celery.

Wow, I was surprised they actually separated the ship. Considering how key cast members are on different sides, it'll be interesting to see how that works out. It's still uncertain whether Avenue 5 is ending or will be renewed for another season.

• Like 1
On 11/24/2022 at 3:35 AM, DoctorAtomic said:

Funny enough, there was a piece on NPR this morning about lithium and a projected future shortage! 

Which is about on the same level of reality as the club of rome's predicttion that all oil would be used up by the year 2000. Lithium is an extremely abundant element in the earth crust. More abundant than lead, for example.

Also the lithium from old batteries can be recycled by nearly 100%. Which is different from oil, which we blow into the atmosphere and can only get back out with loads of energy and/or space.

On top of that is the fact that sodium batteries are currently entering mass production and will replace lithium batteries in most applications.

We are never going to run out of lithium.

• Love 1

They at least tried to take something relevant. I'm aware of energy issues irl. This isn't a show I'm watching for Galactica levels of scifi, which wasn't too high as it was.

I wish we were recycling at the level we should be. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Love 1