Type keyword(s) to search

We've Got a Beaver Problem: Canada vs. The World

• Start Topic

(edited)

Yeah, sounded like more fun than it actually turned out to be.

I was really hoping Lemon would be smart enough to guarantee at least 1 of her heavily favoured American competitors would go home but oh well.

Edited by Starchild
(edited)

Combining Snatch Game and the Rusical is a cheat IMO. Those are probably the two most expected challenges in a season now; to do them both in the same week means we barely get much of either (or both). 

in this case, most of the Snatch Game ended up on the cutting room floor, to make sure we had time for the 5-7 Rusical songs. The Rusical part and theme wasn't too bad all in all, but damnit, I want my Snatch game to have more than one question! 

Really they could've done the "Snatch Game Rusical" as it was, maybe with predetermined "celebrities" for the Queens. But then do a proper Snatch Game (Maybe the Love Connection variant for some differences). 

if this were a pure Canadian season, I'd argue they should do a Canadian Snatch game variant on something like Front Page Challenge. 

Edited by Taeolas
(edited)
9 hours ago, Starchild said:

Interesting concept

It feels like it would be an ideal Canadian variant of Snatch Game that would be perfect for CDR. Brand it as "Snatch Page Challenge" or something like that. :) 

For those not familiar with it, the set up is you have a panel of "celebrities" (journalists technically but it's trivial to bend for the show), who try to guess the story represented by the guest. 

I can't remember if they ever hid the guest's identity, but I'm sure that would be an acceptable variant for a Snatch version as well, to 'increase' the challenge and the fun. 

Would also be a great way to invite surprise guests for just the challenge and not for judging. 

Edited by Taeolas
(edited)

Hey so congrats to Lemon - was a fun enough finale but some of those lipsyncs were pretty close to call. (Is this the first So Many Men So Little Time lipsync on Drag Race?? ) 

And congrats to Eureka on winning Miss Congeniality too. Many fans don't like her but if you've seen We're Here she is obviously very much a mama bear to many girls.

Enjoyed the portrait sessions with Rajah O'Hara (those royal costumes looked wow over budget for the production). They really tried some fun / different elements this season which appreciated. 

And I really like Sarain Fox - I think she's my fave judge on this panel. 

Overall a fun enough season. I predict seeing even more Fiercealicious in future seasons. :P 

Edited by Wonderlad71

This was Lemon's season to lose; she was getting the winners edit from the beginning. Putting the two strongest lip synchers at the start almost feels arranged too, but it is what it is. 

Loved Cheryl's exit. At this point I expect her to show up (and lose) Aussie vs the World, before winning a US vs the World season. Or maybe they'll hold her win for a future Global All Stars season.  Still, I do like her as a fun contestant; I think her humour and snarkiness matches mine as well. 

On 8/25/2024 at 1:32 AM, Starchild said:

What about Bumper Stumpers, or Party Game?

Not familiar with Party game. It might work. 

Bumper Stumpers (and Definition) would be two other classic Canadian Game Shows, but I feel like they would both need too much preparation ahead of time, and don't really have enough "chatter room" for the queens to improv banter in character. 

For Snatch Game variants, you want to make sure the setup gives the Queens time and opportunities to improvise and to chatter amongst each other. That's why Match Game works well, as does Love Connection. Front Page Challenge could do well. Hollywood Squares would probably work well too (but would need a bigger set than most DR shows would want to set up). Pictionary/Charades would work well too since it's team vs team with one being a clue giver. 

• Like 1