Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: The Brit

Trini
  • Start Topic

Arman and Nadia attempt to take control of their drug-selling venture when they realize Thony's ethical methods aren't making them enough money. Meanwhile, Fiona takes the lead on starting her and Thony's new cleaning business and Garrett is one step closer to solving the Cortés case.

Airdate: October 17, 2022

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, paigow said:

Did Nadia rat out Arman?

After doing so much for Arman and now her husband only feels good when doing things for Thony and Luca. Being lower ranked muscle for a loan shark rather than number 2 for international gun runners ordering hits is such a downgrade in life. Little did Nadia know that that Cleaning Lady knew enough and was more willing to trade  with Garrett. I guess eventually the DEA goes after Thony even if she gets Arman to divest from street drugs and of course Thony will be an off the book C.I.

Jaz's father being an ex soldier, I guess Fiona being an out of status meant J.D. couldn't get her on his ID card so that broke up the couple. Right now the characters are playing as if they belong together while Fi doesn't trust he won't leave for career again.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Raja said:

After doing so much for Arman and now her husband only feels good when doing things for Thony and Luca.

I just don't get that attraction. Thorny (sarcasm, not a typo) has double crossed pretty much everybody on the show. She also feels that she is totally superior to everyone else because she is a doctor, and she is only doing the wrong things for what she believes are the right reasons. Her arrogance annoys me to no end.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, eel21788 said:

I just don't get that attraction. Thorny (sarcasm, not a typo) has double crossed pretty much everybody on the show. She also feels that she is totally superior to everyone else because she is a doctor, and she is only doing the wrong things for what she believes are the right reasons. Her arrogance annoys me to no end.

Arman is instrumental in saving a little baby's life. That is a good feeling 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, eel21788 said:

That would explain the attraction of Thorny to Arman, not the other way around. 

Helping Luca makes Arman feel good. Nadia was the wife he settled for because in the end, even with an Armenian contraction of Armando,  Senor Morales was not one of them and not for Hayak's daughter 

Edited by Raja
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Raja said:

Helping Luca makes Arman feel good. 

He definitely has the same hero complex as Thorny; however, hers goes a lot farther than his, thinking she can play God (which isn't all that uncommon among surgeons).

• Like 1

Sayid  Robert overplayed his position of strength... constantly embarrassing Arman has created a stronger enemy [GarMan 2.0]  that will be his downfall.  

Edited by paigow
17 hours ago, Raja said:

That's Ranger skills, respect the Army 

IRL applications from all service branches are permitted for SEAL training. The Ranger program is similarly non-exclusionary. So J.D. will be the Captain America unicorn that got accepted for both...

Edited by paigow
8 minutes ago, jabRI said:

Confusing plot point, why did Thony need to go with him on the drug deal, as they drove that ridiculous truck?  What was she, muscle, the negotiator???

The pharmacist, she can eyeball the quality of goods from Mexico 

12 hours ago, paigow said:

IRL applications from all service branches are permitted for SEAL training. The Ranger program is similarly non-exclusionary. So J.D. will be the Captain America unicorn that got accepted for both...

Well I guess they can find a reason for J.D. to dive out of a submarine to help Fi's family to put SEAL specific capabilities to use. Just like Arman puts his criminal contacts and willingness to kill to help Luca and his extended family to use.

The retired showgirl will probably borrow money from Sayid Robert, not pay him back, Arman gets sent to collect, J.D. -unaware that Arman is actually a friendly- beats him to a pulp before Fi can explain, J.D. stealthily eliminates the Kamdar minions as restitution and Garrett makes a career reviving arrest...

Again, I don't know why they had to add *murder* to Fiona's (and Chris') storylines, when she has enough going on with a) her and her son's immigration issues, b) her employment troubles, c) her ex coming back into her life, and d) dealing with her sister-in-law who is becoming a little too comfortable with the criminal element.

Anyway, I did like her storyline this episode, with getting the cleaning business started; and that former showgirl client was a hoot! Jaz's father coming back into the picture (even though we've never met him...) is interesting. I think Chris' father was mentioned once last season? I don't remember what was said about him.

I know Thony wants to do good (via dubious methods), but she really should have expected that Arman and Nadia would want to sell more profitable drugs, and not just the ones she approved. I was kinda annoyed at the plot convenience of Thony overhearing the exact piece of info that would save them from Garrett; and then that setting up a repeat of last season's CI arc that was not great for her. UGH - I do not want to see this AGAIN.

The show has seemed to have cooled down the Thony/Arman (potential) romance; and even with Arman and Nadia having troubles, I'm rooting for them. ... Also. Nadia is an interesting character, and I'm glad she's a bigger part of the show this season. However, Kamdar's plan to win back Nadia is pretty much working perfectly; I need her and Arman to somehow outsmart this guy.

Aw man - Arman has almost hit rock bottom. He's going to need some type of win soon. Even though with this show it would probably be reversed in 2 episodes!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Trini said:

Anyway, I did like her storyline this episode, with getting the cleaning business started; and that former showgirl client was a hoot! Jaz's father coming back into the picture (even though we've never met him...) is interesting. I think Chris' father was mentioned once last season? I don't remember what was said about him.

If memory serves Fiona came on a K-1, 90 day fiance visa. But the man found out that Chris wasn't his biological son and didn't go through with the marriage. Instead of returning to the Philippines Fiona went TNT, eventually meeting J.D. and having an anchor child, Jazmin.

• Useful 2
On 10/18/2022 at 8:43 PM, Raja said:
On 10/18/2022 at 8:33 PM, jabRI said:

Confusing plot point, why did Thony need to go with him on the drug deal, as they drove that ridiculous truck?  What was she, muscle, the negotiator???

But they were going to sell the drugs they had, not buy. I don't think they really gave a reason why Thony had to go, Arman just said he needed her there.

On 10/21/2022 at 8:04 PM, Trini said:

But they were going to sell the drugs they had, not buy. I don't think they really gave a reason why Thony had to go, Arman just said he needed her there.

On 10/19/2022 at 7:43 AM, Raja said:

On 10/19/2022 at 7:33 AM, jabRI said:

I might be wrong, but isn't the reason Arman asked her to come along was because he had put the drugs on her garage office (?)

Edited by cinowid