Type keyword(s) to search

School Paper: Spooky Media

• Start Topic

school-spirits-poster.jpg

School Spirits  is an 8 episode TV Series with the first 3 episodes streaming on March 9, 2023 on Paramount+, then weekly afterwards.    

School Spirits is based on an upcoming graphic novel by Nate & Megan Trinrud and Maria Nguyen. 

High school can feel like an eternity. For some students at Split River High... It literally is. Maddie, A 16-year-old girl is newly deceased and finds herself trapped in afterlife-limbo at her high school, where she discovers she's stuck with those who've also died in the school over the past 100 years. They form a murdered ghost support group. For some reason Maddie is the only ghost who can still communicate with the living, and uses her new found abilities to help investigate her own murder.

L-R in the photo in my previous post: Xavier Baxter (Spencer McPherson), Maddie Nears (Peyton List), Rhonda (Sarah Yarkin), Claire Zolinski (Rainbow Wedell), Wally Clark (Milo Manheim), Charley (Nick Pugliese), Simon Elroy (Kristian Flores) and Nicole Herrera (Kiara Pichardo)

Peyton List as Madison “Maddie” Nears
Maria Dizzia as Sandra Nears
Kristian Flores as Simon Elroy
Spencer MacPherson as Xavier Baxter
Kiara Pichardo as Nicole Herrera
Sarah Yarkin as Rhonda
Nick Pugliese as Charley
Rainbow Wedell as Claire Zolinski
Josh Zuckerman as Mr. Martin 
Milo Manheim as Wally Clark, a lovable ghost from the 1980s who in his glory days was a star high school football player.  

On 10/27/2023 at 10:18 PM, AnimeMania said:

Netflix Adding Popular Show From Another Streaming Service, Season 1 Release Date Revealed

School Spirits will get a second streaming home on Netflix on November 30, 2023. The show will also be available on it's original platform Paramount+ at the same time.

Omg everytime I see a new post on this thread I'm convinced that its news about the show getting cancelled. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1
35 minutes ago, tired and hungry said:

Omg everytime I see a new post on this thread I'm convinced that its news about the show getting cancelled. 

ME TOO. I always click on the thread with a feeling of dread. (Sorry if you click to read this new post and I've made you worry again! ;))

I fear the worst since there have been other shows that were initially renewed and then cancelled... plus the strikes delaying productions, causing studios to re-evaluate. :/ Mainly, I guess I was so surprised School Spirits got renewed (most of my favorite things tend to be pretty unpopular!), I keep expecting a reversal of fortune. :P

• LOL 1
On 3/4/2024 at 7:05 PM, heatherchandler said:

Is it still not canceled? I’m so nervous it will be.

The only thing I've read is the second season will start filming in the summer.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1