Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: Showdown in Hong Kong

• Start Topic

(Season Finale)

Realizing they've taken the Kahn's bait - and putting the lives of millions in jeopardy - Danny and Lexi come face-to-face with the Kahn in one final battle above Hong Kong.    

Original Airdate: October 2, 2022
BT213_28.jpg
116503_0562.jpg

I'm kind of relieved that this is the end, and that there will be no Season 3.  Because Season 3 would clearly have focused on Simon being the new big bad.

I am not a fan of this actor at all, in fact, I pretty much loathe him in anything he has ever been in.  But I noticed that the fake passport they showed at the end had his fake name as "Guy Baltar", which of course is a shoutout to the character the actor played on "Battlestar Galactica", Gaius Baltar.

I thought that there would be another season; the way it ended definitely left it open for a third season in which, yes, Simon would have been the big bad. They really love Simon don't they? 

On the one hand, I did like the shock value of Violet being the Great Kahn, on the other hand, I feel that doing so ruined her character; I don't know that the Violet we were introduced to would have been ok with killing seven million people. I'd much have preferred Violet surviving over Simon.

On 10/4/2022 at 9:34 PM, christie said:

I thought that there would be another season; the way it ended definitely left it open for a third season in which, yes, Simon would have been the big bad. They really love Simon don't they? 

On the one hand, I did like the shock value of Violet being the Great Kahn, on the other hand, I feel that doing so ruined her character; I don't know that the Violet we were introduced to would have been ok with killing seven million people. I'd much have preferred Violet surviving over Simon.

I agree, I would have preferred if Simon had been the Khan or the Lackey to the Khan, and that Violet had been the one to save the day and scuttle off with some money.  In one of the earlier episode threads  I had even said something about how I really loved Violet and she was a great addition to the team, and that I hoped she survived her apparent death so she could join them permanently.  Oops.

I don't think there's been any definitive word about a possible Season 3, but it was obvious that they left things open for a Season 3.  However, I think the season was filmed two years ago.  The latest Year of the Rat was 2020, so it seemed obvious that the show was supposed to be released in summer of 2020.  I don't think we ever got a real explanation as to why the airing was delayed so long.  The first season was an unexpected summer hit for CBS, not sure why they wouldn't have wanted to air the second season on their network and finally decided to burn it off on Paramount Plus instead.

• Love 1

I waited until all episodes had dropped so I could watch them in a week during my Paramount Plus free trial. I thought it was a lot of fun, just like the first season. I wish it hadn't been so long because I could not remember a LOT.

I liked Violet as well and wish she wasn't the big bad, although it was a good twist. Or, keep her the big bad but not kill her so she could show up and cause trouble in potential future seasons. But I guess once you attempt to kill 7 million people, you can't really stay around.

I am glad they wrapped things up on a mostly happy ending for the main characters, since I don't know how likely a new season would be.

• Love 1

All in all, I enjoyed it.  Some things I was happy with: everything Chuck did, Shaw and the kid back in Vietnam, Danny and his dad's story.

Others, I didn't: the extreme change in Violet's character, maybe a little too much Simon, and the Russian love story stuff.

I will remain hopeful for a season 3, especially now that Chuck is Vatican Intelligence!

• Love 1