Type keyword(s) to search

Knock at the Cabin (2023)

starri
  • Start Topic

Hmmm I think I read this book last year.  If I'm correct this is based off of Paul Tremblay's The Cabin at the End of the World.

That alone makes me interested but I've been burned by Shyamalan too many times so...might be a streamer.

• Like 1
On 12/29/2022 at 7:37 PM, kittykat said:

Hmmm I think I read this book last year.  If I'm correct this is based off of Paul Tremblay's The Cabin at the End of the World.

That alone makes me interested but I've been burned by Shyamalan too many times so...might be a streamer.

I've read the book, too, but I can't remember much about what happened. It is based on that book, I don't know why it isn't in the trailer. They don't mention the author at all. 

Edited by Anela

Having watched the trailer it's definitely based off that book.  There's also a twist that happens about 2/3 of the way through the book that's pretty brutal and now I'm curious if that part stays the same.

The only change I see is that, if I recall correctly, Bautista's character (wearing the pale shirt) is female in the book.

• Like 1

Boy, this was a BAD choice for Pride Month.

I mean, I get that they “chosen” or whatever because their love was pure blah blah blah, but yeah, Shyamalan clearly has no issue with the “bury your gays” trope.

Kudos to Rupert, didn’t think he had it in him to play that kind of asshole. 

Poor Wen. It seems a miracle that she’s going to turn out okay after that ordeal.

Well, it's raining all day and we can't go outside. To the Amazon Prime!

"So, you're telling me everyone dies? We're ok though?"
"Yes, but then everyone *else*..."

Call me Lana Kane then, because noooopppppe. I'll walk the earth and enjoy myself doing so. No need for clothes anymore amirite?

Wow, this was dumb. No, it wasn't dumb; it was simplistic. Either it's real, and you have the existential discussion as to whether humanity maybe needs the reset and why these four were chosen as messengers. Andrew would have basically had a credible argument there. They showed the light that Eric saw quite clearly and could have gone in that direction. Maybe you have the four with visions of their previous selves throughout all this. But, no, they just had a 'vision' and 'met on a message board'. It's 2023, you couldn't say a discord server?

"We need your help, and it's a hard sell, so we're going to break in and tie you up." Smart move there too. They're really going to be on your side. 

Or, like Andrew said, the four of them were just delusional, and through their own hubris and/or bad choices, they bought into the delusion. Then you have the discussion on reality, which is certainly relevant. There was neither, and it was just superficial and tepid. 

I don't get why the gas company guy was also the same guy that based Andrew over the head. Ok, it was a coincidence? That doesn't lend any credibility to the four of them, so I'm not sure why it was there. 

I did like that it all took place in the one location. I like movies with that kind of premise.