Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E01: Blind Auditions Part 1

DanaK
  • Start Topic

Ubi Kanda, thank you so much for your summaries and observations!  I was shocked by some of the decisions made by the artists about which team to join.  We will see how that will go for them.  I was surprised by the lack of enthusiasm for Blake as I feel like he really supports a lot of his team members whether they win or not as I recall that several of them have appeared with him at his concerts.  Winning the show doesn't seem to really do much for their careers, but continued exposure does (Kelly also has appeared with previous team mates [and maybe John?]).  

I found the judging panel fun.  In recent seasons I was tiring of Kelly's non-stop commentary so a bit of a break is good.

And, please, no cliff-hangers about who a contestant is going to choose.  It's not compelling enough for me to care (after all, who some unknown contestant chooses is just not in the same league as who shot JR!).

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Ubi Kanda said:

Alexis McLaughlin

I sooooo wanted her to be good. I said it outloud even. I miss true rock voices and that was one of my favourite songs. Damn.

I miss Kelly. I know her chatter grated for some. But Kelly's genuine omg you picked me?!?! moments were so enjoyable. I just love her.

I've said this before but once again I'm shocked by song choice for some of the contestants. Don't audition with the song that "means" something to you unless it's also the song that best demonstrates your talents as a singer. The show is called The Voice not The Song. Later once you are ON the show let your inner feels come out.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, OLynn33 said:

I've said this before but once again I'm shocked by song choice for some of the contestants. Don't audition with the song that "means" something to you unless it's also the song that best demonstrates your talents as a singer. The show is called The Voice not The Song. Later once you are ON the show let your inner feels come out.

Yeppers.   Blake's mute button was hilarious.  I didn't see the whole show, but was glad some country-ish people went with other judges.  I think they stand a better chance sometimes when no one else is "in their lane."

• Love 2

My biggest shock was the sob stories seem shorter this season and far less "sobby."  I couldn't say for sure, but I think we only got one dead relative and I don't remember any bullying/my life fell apart and music is the only thing that saved me stories.  I'm far more interested in the contestant's musical influences than their back stories.

• Love 4
On 9/21/2022 at 12:18 PM, DaphneCat said:

My biggest shock was the sob stories seem shorter this season and far less "sobby."  I couldn't say for sure, but I think we only got one dead relative and I don't remember any bullying/my life fell apart and music is the only thing that saved me stories.  I'm far more interested in the contestant's musical influences than their back stories.

My biggest shock was Gwen Stefani's face. What on earth did she do? Did she have another facelift?

• Love 2