Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Tenderness

LoveLeigh
  • Start Topic

Jackie shows a glimpse of vulnerability when a violent attack stalls the Dryden investigation, but Decourcy presses on, tracking down a list of Sinclair’s potential victims. Caysen is formally brought on as an investigator in the DA’s office, where he must navigate competing interests. Siobhan weighs risking everything she has built to reveal the truth about her past. Jenny’s suspicions are reinforced. 

Original Air Date: Sep 11, 2022

I loved this episode. It had some real funny elements mixed in with some serious scenes.  

I also have the feeling that guy gave a false confession to bombing the abortion clinic. The whole subplot was just too randomly inserted. I think the priest was somehow involved in that. 

• Love 1

I always like shows where characters are good at their jobs, and Jackie certainly is, but getting shot, and getting back up to pop one of the shooters is flat out *diesel*. Jackie got in a lot of cracks for not really being active in this episode. 

Smooth seas never made a good sailor. Brilliant line. 

I did feel for Sib not wanting to press the elevator button. I tend to think a lot of tv is "overwritten" so I enjoy a good scene where the actor is just allowed to work. She did a lot just with hesitating to press the button. I don't even think they needed to add the buzzing sound.

What a great episode for Sib. Jenny too. I can't believe Jenny actually went out with the priest. If someone saw her and tells Jackie, he's going to blow a gasket. In the restaurant!

I loved the restaurant. It's so North End Boston with the tablecloths and the glass candles. 

While I find the priest useless,  the actor is doing a great job. There's always been a layer of sleaze underneath the good father. He plays it subtle because too strong would make Jenny look stupid and she's not. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic

Jackie was pretty much sidelined this episode.

Dee can't find the victims or can't get them to testify against Dryden.

Siobhan does an interview and her hit and run problem goes away?

Caysen gets the clap.  Then he has the Latina ADA tell him she'd go for him except she needs to use it for men who's going to get her somewhere.

Well he transferred to the DA's office so he should go crawling back to his wife, tell her he's not a cop any more.

Jenny needs to do more than just kiss.  Especially when she walked in on Leticia about to give Jackie a handy on his hospital bed.

21 hours ago, LoveLeigh said:

I loved this episode. It had some real funny elements mixed in with some serious scenes.  

I also have the feeling that guy gave a false confession to bombing the abortion clinic. The whole subplot was just too randomly inserted. I think the priest was somehow involved in that. 

The abortion attack happened while I lived in Boston in the early 90s ; it was a shooting though not a bombing. The perp, John Salvi, was caught the next day. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Salvi

I expected more to happen with Jackie's roommate.  I guess it would be too big a coincidence if it turned out that he was involved in some former case, so I guess he was just there for Jackie to abuse and remind us all what an asshole he is.

Jenny has a half brother?  Yay.  Another side story and side character to juggle.

I didn't even recognize Kathryn Erbe until my wife pointed out that Jenny's friend Sue was also on Law & Order (or one of its many spinoffs).

Who was it that told Jackie that it probably wasn't the Aguilo Brothers (sp?) but probably someone else?  I think they're right.

I thought he said that they weren't out of jail, that there aren't any of them around to make the hit in the first place.  Also, it seemed kinda weird that they would follow him to some unknown (to them) house, hide somewhere, and ambush Jackie as he steps outside.  I remember thinking that Jackie jumped to the conclusion about who it was, and was probably wrong.  Just a gut feeling.

Since Jackie is checking into the girls from Dryden's scholarship program, I wondered if someone was sent to "discourage" him for investigating further.  That doesn't seem like Dryden's style, though, either.  Dryden seems like the type who'd just tell Jackie to drop it and expect him to do it.  So we'll just have to wait and see.

No, it's not like Dryden at all. That's why I'm skeptical. Earlier in the season, Dryden made it clear he saw Jackie doing the wife in a not so thinly veiled observation. Tv-wise, it has to be someone we've seen or heard already. Jackie always talks about the mafia bust, so it's natural to think that. If not, maybe someone associated to the woman he was doing the coke with in S1 that died. I doubt it would be anyone with the kid he whacked that got Bendrops to OD. 

The salty FBI guy cracked that he had a lot of enemies, but at that level? It's not like Izumi is going to send someone. Forcing him out was her victory. 

One of the mafia guys' kids saw Jackie put their dad and uncle in jail. It's over 10 years now. He wants to bring the family back and one way to do it is whack Jackie. That seems simplest to me. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic