Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: Love on the Brain

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Doug throws a party at Bar None and invites the crew. Junior considers opening up to Annika. Kiela finds herself on RA duty while Zaara plays the field. Aaron tries to be a good wingman, putting his long-distance relationship to the test.

Airdate: 08/31/2022

So Doug decided to throw the hottest party of the year in an actual legitimate bar by deciding to invite a lot of *college freshmen*?  (Also, I presume Junior doesn’t need one but no mention of fakes or Doug giving them a pass?)  

I had to laugh at Junior’s “tonight was one of those nights where real bonds are formed and you find out who your real friends are” closing voiceover.  This friend group keeps adding and dropping members at random and is held together by nothing except the plot dictating it happen.

• LOL 1

The women were all dressed up and Junior is wearing what looked like a track suit to me. I don't blame the show. I think it's not that far from the truth.

I wish they had done this show at Howard, where Junior originally went for 2 days and then panicked and went home so they could keep him on black-ish. No reason to send Junior to his sister's alma mater. I know they want to keep Zoey on the show, but why? And they could have had her visiting at Howard-- it's closer to her NYC job anyway! And Aaron could have gotten some job or other there, as well. For that matter, Doug also could have, if they really wanted to keep his character. I don't know why they chose the particular characters they did, as holdovers. It's not a bad way to create a transition for a college based show, but why those in praticular, I wonder? 

On 9/4/2022 at 2:24 AM, possibilities said:

The women were all dressed up and Junior is wearing what looked like a track suit to me. I don't blame the show. I think it's not that far from the truth.

I wish they had done this show at Howard, where Junior originally went for 2 days and then panicked and went home so they could keep him on black-ish. No reason to send Junior to his sister's alma mater. I know they want to keep Zoey on the show, but why? And they could have had her visiting at Howard-- it's closer to her NYC job anyway! And Aaron could have gotten some job or other there, as well. For that matter, Doug also could have, if they really wanted to keep his character. I don't know why they chose the particular characters they did, as holdovers. It's not a bad way to create a transition for a college based show, but why those in praticular, I wonder? 

Black-ish is over. This was the only way to keep it going, unless they had kept the name “Grown-ish” but changed schools. That would’ve been good! 

On 9/5/2022 at 3:46 PM, Whimsy said:

I wish they had done this show at Howard, where Junior originally went for 2 days and then panicked and went home so they could keep him on black-ish. No reason to send Junior to his sister's alma mater. I know they want to keep Zoey on the show, but why? And they could have had her visiting at Howard-- it's closer to her NYC job anyway! And Aaron could have gotten some job or other there, as well. For that matter, Doug also could have, if they really wanted to keep his character. I don't know why they chose the particular characters they did, as holdovers. It's not a bad way to create a transition for a college based show, but why those in praticular, I wonder? 

Black-ish is over. This was the only way to keep it going, unless they had kept the name “Grown-ish” but changed schools. That would’ve been good! 

I think the OP meant they made Junior drop out of Howard while Black-ish was still on so they could keep him there. 

I could see Aaron hanging on, kinda like Dwayne Wayne becoming a teacher on A Different World when they brought a new class in. But Doug is a head-scratcher, especially without Jazz. They were moving them back toward each other at the end of last season, I think, and it would have made more sense for the two of them to ride off into the sunset together.

Are they trying to make Doug into a Dre Jr with his (currently failed) advertising career? I just can't figure out why he's still in the mix, although I do sorta like it when Junior has scenes with Aaron and Doug. He certainly has more palpable chemistry with them than with any of his supposedly close friends his own age.

• Love 1