Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07: What the duck is going on?

• Start Topic

(edited)

Interesting episode for me since my husband's family lives in the area and I've been to some of these places. 

I could see Beverley and Veronica being annoyed that others are helping each other, but you could have easily tried to form some alliances st the beginning too, but you'd rather be standoffish and abrasive to everyone demanding help without any sort of indication that maybe you might reciprocate. 

Court and Allie were really struggling at the sign language challenge and it made me think about all the people I've spoken to who've had Covid and then suffered from brain fog for quite some time after. It will be interesting to hear how hard Covid actually hit each of the teams.

The teams that are now left seem to be the ones who have been consistently doing well.

Edited by aemom
Typo: without, not with

That was a challenging leg. The only thing I didn't understand was with the pass, what would happen if someone put your picture on the board and you got to it in last place? No one would ever pass you so how would you get to leave?

I seem to remember The Pass from the another season, either TAR or TARC. If I remember if the team on the board (the "passed" team) got a 20 minute delay. But I may be remembering wrong.

Regardless, I'm sure that TPTB would have a rule to handle that, just like the rules they have around the similar U-turn boards where one team gives the gift to another.

2 hours ago, zapper said:

I seem to remember The Pass from the another season, either TAR or TARC. If I remember if the team on the board (the "passed" team) got a 20 minute delay. But I may be remembering wrong.

Regardless, I'm sure that TPTB would have a rule to handle that, just like the rules they have around the similar U-turn boards where one team gives the gift to another.

I don't ever remember The Pass, but I do remember The Yield. The yielded team had to sit and wait for 15-20 minutes before they could continue. This seems very similar. 

28 minutes ago, aemom said:

I don't ever remember The Pass, but I do remember The Yield. The yielded team had to sit and wait for 15-20 minutes before they could continue. This seems very similar. 

you are right it does seem similar to The Yield, perhaps that is what I am recalling.  The seemed to make it a big deal that it was the first time ever *double* pass.  Marketing at hand perhaps :)

Boy, the editors are really making Beverly and Veronica look like arrogant sore losers. Maybe they are; editors can’t edit in what’s not there. I mean, that scene at the mat when the three teams were there almost at the same time? Jon says they’re teams 3, 4 and 5 and the other two teams cheer and hug and then turn to B&V to hug them too and B&V turn away and talk about how great they did. Even Jon said something like, “Okay then, come back here.” They seem like the types who have always been popular and win a lot, and just can’t handle or even comprehend not winning all the time and not being in the clique.

Plus, whenever I hear Beverly and Veronica, all I think is Betty and Veronica.

Interesting leg, some good challenges. That printing press makes me respect those old-time giant newspapers. They must have worked all day churning out the daily paper.

I would have preferred Cassie and Jahmeek over Court and Ali. Nothing personal against Court and Ali, they don’t seem to have much personality, while Cassie and Jahmeek seem so fun.

The two teams that went, let's face it, where not the strongest of racers, so I am at least glad a strong team didn't have a bad day and end up out. I'm actually glad Betty & Veronica (I can't help it either!) didn't go out this leg, cuz they would forever blame it on the racers being let back in and on being "unfairly" targeted by other teams and the bypass thing. They are upset cuz no one wants to work with them, but there is always a reason for that, so hopefully they will look within! : D

• Love 1