Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Consequential Damages

• Start Topic

Some of the cleverest bit of writing this show has done has been in relation to Nick being able to get into places normal people can't so him being able to show up in a locked up law firm on Thanksgiving raises no eye brows. 

The show started with Ingrid being smart but damn she's dumb.  So dumb.  She wouldn't wear a ring at the office but she fucks her coworker there? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Wow, Lina is the worst. She thought it was okay to take those earrings because they were Ingrid's? And after she pawned them is astonished the police got involved? Ugh. 

I also thought it was sort of racist that Ingrid wasn't immediately released when the police saw the documents weren't hers and she wasn't the one in the video. Though maybe the show was trying to continue its race through line here. I don't know.

I knew Nick would walk in on Ingrid and Jeff somewhere along the line. Good riddance to that milquetoast. Points for immediately calling it off with Ingrid, though. I didn't know he had that kind of backbone in him.

ETA: I also hated Nick's various cutesy nicknames for Ingrid. He pushed things so hard. Nicknames don't a relationship make!

The actor who plays Jeff has got to stop that irritating wink.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I also thought it was sort of racist that Ingrid wasn't immediately released when the police saw the documents weren't hers and she wasn't the one in the video. Though maybe the show was trying to continue its race through line here. I don't know.

Did they realize it, though?  I thought that was maybe the racism angle in that they couldn't tell that Lena and Ingrid weren't the same person because all Asians looked alike. 

• Love 1

That's what I mean about continuing the race through line. The police didn't even compare fingerprints to see if they had the right person. Ingrid didn't help by not saying it wasn't her in the picture, but it's also not up to her to prove her innocence. The police have to prove her guilt. They didn't even do the basics, like compare fingerprints, until Jeff swanned in and saved the day. (Ugh.)

I don’t think any of these characters have me rooting for them. They all have strong self destructive tendencies, it seems. I don’t see it with Ingrid and Jeff. Some weird, years old connection? But Nick was moving way too fast, but Ingrid didn’t communicate that. 

So far we have two out of three main characters cheating on their SOs, so somehow it turns out Rachel is the best person of the three? I did not see that coming. Good job making me dislike Tyler, show. I find Jeff to be miscast -- we should see why Ingrid is drawn to him and instead all I see are creepy Ed Westwick vibes.