Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Dance Your Padded Ass Off!

• Start Topic

Been waiting for someone to make the topic all weekend and decided to make it myself. 

Damn, Poppy Love was great. I have to wonder if they reordered the show just to put her at the end because I'd hate to have gone after her. 

Milli, Chakra and Donna were also my tops easily. 

Chic was a solid middle for me.

Electra, Thirsty and Jackie were my bottoms and I expected any of the three of them to go. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Taeolas said:

Electra, Thirsty and Jackie were my bottoms and I expected any of the three of them to go. 

My roommate and I thought Electra and Jackie were solidly the bottom two - but if Jackie is who we think, we figured the producers wouldn’t let them be eliminated on a night Carson wasn’t on the judging panel. I’ll be very surprised if Jackie makes it past next week. 

• Love 1

If Carson is judging next week, then it will probably be Jackie's turn to go. They've eliminated two female Celebrities so far, so they'll be looking for a male Celebrity to go next. 

I am really struggling having to watch the backs of people's heads do stuff. It really alienates me from the contestants and takes the enjoyment out of the transformations and rehearsals. I hope they never do this again. I love Taylor Dayne and didn't know it was her. I would have liked to been able to see and enjoy her for more than the 5 minutes at the end. 

• Love 4
On 8/24/2022 at 5:34 PM, TVbitch said:

I am really struggling having to watch the backs of people's heads do stuff. It really alienates me from the contestants and takes the enjoyment out of the transformations and rehearsals. I hope they never do this again. I love Taylor Dayne and didn't know it was her. I would have liked to been able to see and enjoy her for more than the 5 minutes at the end. 

Yes, I think they need to go back to the drawing board with this "secret" concept.  Maybe a fusion of last season's 1 minute secret and this season's secret until the end, or until everyone figures it out.  Another improvement would be to get actual celebrities that are known to the general public (shady, I know!)

• Love 1

I actually prefer this masked singerish version to the last time, but maybe it's not because of the secret aspect. I feel like the previous season were like F list celebs, and it was all framed as some sort of magically transformative experience that was necessary to their lives. But it was maybe 2 days at most? Everything before was overwraught and melodramatic and not in a fun way. And the end result was BAD.

This one, the celebs are mostly people I've actually heard of, and they're performers and treating it as such. Yeah there's some journey spiels and some What Drag Means to Me business, but it's way less heavy handed, and clearly from the TH what a PA asked them to respond to. But when you see the backs of their heads in rehearsals and such, these are people trying to put on a good show. (Not everyone is succeeding, but that's a different issue...) It's 10x more entertaining for me. The "secret" aspect of it makes more sense this go round. I just all around prefer the new format.

• Like 1
  • Love 3