Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Mind Your Business

• Start Topic

Raq learns she may have a snitch and tasks Marvin with confirming the rumor. Lou brings in a potential new artist, but he and Crown disagree. Kanan helps Famous sell mix tapes. Jukebox tracks down her estranged mother.

Air Date: August 21, 2022

Scrap has to be the dumbest to not know they were on to him and not run. Did he lose some intelligence when he lost his eye too? Couldn't take any hints when Marvin was asking your whereabouts, who is Ebony in Corona and not bother call her to cover for you if Marvin or someone ever came around? 

Once I saw the actor playing Scrap overacting and had way too many lines this episode, I knew his time was up. See ya fool! 

So Scrap's mom would have an idea it was Raq who killed him and would go to the police with this?

Will we ever find out how much intel Scrap gave to the police or if any at all?

Killing Scrap is driving Lou and Raq further apart.

Marvin said he didn't know Scrap had relatives in Corona, so how did he know Ebony's address? And if Marvin had asked someone in Scrap's crew, they didn't feel the need to tell Scrap?!

When Howard talked to Raq, he didn't feel it was important to ask Raq if she ordered Kanan to shoot him? He just accepted his bullets believing he deserved what he got??!! WTF! And now he wants Kanan to know he is his father. The kid shot you. He must have some anger towards you. How are you two going to get around that?

Howard is an asshole! Those cops (who consider him a hero. I don't know why) are trying to find his shooter and he is giving Raq intel on a snitch in her crew and faking his memory. I hope he gets exposed as a dirty cop and his lie.

Raq needs to get a refund from the person who told her Howard lost his memory.

Bye Jessica (what was her contribution to the show?). Take mom's advice to go to Los Angeles and STAY there. Please don't come back. Jessica must have no friends. No one else came by to see her off.

Might as well say bye to Camacho now. He will have some explaining to do to Lou that may get him killed.

Gerald tried to step to Marvin. He has more than just anger issues. He has no sense of reality if he thought he could beat Marvin's ass.
I don't think Renee or anyone else in the room are equipped to stop them if a fight had started. Gerald would be a dead man.  

Renee had some attitude with Marvin. It will be on soon!

Seems Juke and Raq or Marvin should have had that discussion about her mom a long time ago. I'm sure Marvin would have told a different description of her.

If Zisa is under Cartier Fareed so called "Small music management group" where he has honed, trained and guided some of the finest artist ever known, why did she call and go to Lou in the first place? Cartier can't find bigger production co. to go to? Now Lou made a deal with him. This will not end well for him. 

Real dumb for Worrel to tell Raq his mother knows he is meeting with her. Fool could have gotten her killed by having her know Raq's involvement. What if Raq decided she doesn't want any loose ends with Worrel. Just tell Raq he has "people" who knows she took him to a secret meet.

I still don't trust Worrel. 

I guess with Nique's predicament, this is where he goes to the Mafia for help and the guy from jail will help him. In this small Power Universe, of course he will remember Nique!

Did Raq know that was Nique's girlfriend?

That lawyer was afraid to tell Marvin "Too much information Ni$$a! I don't need to know about Toni's oral skills!".

I'm sure Raq and the bodega lady can afford strong plastic bins that can keep the rats out. Nope! Just keep the money in cheap boxes and have the lady change rat traps 10 times a day.

At 100 years old, there's still hope for Early Uncle Tyler. He is getting little movement in his lip.

Damn! The mayor of NYC is distancing himself from Nicole's parents. They should have contributed more to his campaign fund (next time purchase the gold package, instead of the bronze)

Famous, need to work on his lies to his mom. The NYU girl was locked out, so he brought her to his place to sleep with her. 

A matter of time until Famous gets involved in the drug game.

Last episode, Famous had a NY Jets shirt on and now he has a NY Giants shirt on. You can only root for one NY team. Pick one!!!!!!

Deen's grandma was so focused on her BINGO she didn't hear the yelling and see the table turned over. I admire her concentration!

Edited by mxc90
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, mxc90 said:

When Howard talked to Raq, he didn't feel it was important to ask Raq if she ordered Kanan to shoot him? He just accepted his bullets believing he deserved what he got??!! WTF! And now he wants Kanan to know he is his father. The kid shot you. He must have some anger towards you. How are you two going to get around that?

I think he knows. I think it's more of a "it goes without saying" kinda thing. I think Howard knows Raq put Kanan up to it.

Speaking as someone who is not a parent, I'm thinking if my kid shoots me, like intentionally points a gun at me with the intent of killing me and pulls the trigger, I think I would be far less forgiving.

I think it was dumb of Raq not to tell Kanan that Howard remembers what happened.

3 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Might as well say bye to Camacho now. He will have some explaining to do to Lou that may get him killed.

He might climb on top of Zisa to keep him distracted for a bit.

3 hours ago, mxc90 said:

I still don't trust Worrel. 

I guess with Nique's predicament, this is where he goes to the Mafia for help and the guy from jail will help him. In this small Power Universe, of course he will remember Nique!

I don't trust Worrell either.

I found the most interesting parts of the episode to be Unique because I'm very interested and curious to know how he's gonna climb out of this rough patch he finds himself in.

3 hours ago, mxc90 said:

I didn't know that was Unique's girlfriend 🤣

I thought for a moment this was going to be a "Maria" situation like on the original Power series. I was wondering is this some girl Raq tortured in Season 1 who comes back to be a problem for her?

I think that Unique is going to figure out the connection between Raq and the bodega.

3 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Famous, need to work on his lies to his mom. The NYU girl was locked out, so he brought her to his place to sleep with her.

TELL ME ABOUT IT!

The part that really make me chuckle about the whole scene is that the girl slept through the entire thing. I'm like "nobody sleeps that hard."

---

By the way, is that LeToya Luckett playing Juke's mom?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Dang, Howard didn't waste any time letting Raq know what's up. Handed her the paternity test, signed, sealed, and delivered. I'm surprised he warned her though. Now she has time to undermine him with Kanan. Or merely have him killed.

Lol, Marvin studiously reading the Fritos bag. Guess Lays got good product placement.

So Nicole's parents are still on their daughter's death. Well at least her Karen of a mother is. Too bad Juke hasn't been able to stop grieving.

OMG, rats eat money. Odd that Raq doesn't know about storage rooms. She should be handling her drug cash like Walter White, shrink-wrapping the bundles and stacking them up on pallets.

Guess the real estate lady was scared to explain White flight to Raq. Even if Raq pays cash, there will be suburban neighborhoods that won't want to see her and her gangster sons coming.

I don't believe Unique's baby mama's mother's living room couch didn't have a plastic over it. There's no way she would've been letting anybody sit directly on her good couch. And certainly not eating on it.

Jukebox's mother has a chauffeur? That's interesting. Whatever, I didn't realize LeToya Luckett was joining the cast.

Yeah, how was Scrappy so clueless? It reminded me of that scene in Goodfellas when Joe Pesci's character thought he was finally going to be a made guy.

Will we ever find out how much intel Scrap gave to the police or if any at all?

The theory on reddit is that he wasn't the informant, his mother was. So Raq killed Scrappy for no reason.

Raq needs to get a refund from the person who told her Howard lost his memory.

Heh, Raq would just put a bullet in their head. To be fair though, Howard had a whole team of medical professionals fooled, plus he has the NYPD duped as well. He definitely knows how to commit to a long con.

why did she call and go to Lou in the first place

I think it's likely part of a plan to take over Lou and Crown's operation. They'll be forced to handle all of Fareed's acts or he'll go Suge Knight on them. But does he know who Lou's sister is?

Most certainly, given how hard Raq was looking at her.

When Howard talked to Raq, he didn't feel it was important to ask Raq if she ordered Kanan to shoot him?

I thought he was letting her know he hadn't "forgotten" anything, including who shot him, and that he knows Kanan is too simple to pull something like that on his own.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The theory on reddit is that he wasn't the informant, his mother was. So Raq killed Scrappy for no reason.

My guess hasn't really been who was the informant, either Scrap or his mom, but rather my guessing has been what exactly were they informing on, which I thought was the gambling and not the drug business.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

I think he knows. I think it's more of a "it goes without saying" kinda thing. I think Howard knows Raq put Kanan up to it.

Speaking as someone who is not a parent, I'm thinking if my kid shoots me, like intentionally points a gun at me with the intent of killing me and pulls the trigger, I think I would be far less forgiving.

I think it was dumb of Raq not to tell Kanan that Howard remembers what happened.

I think so too but what heinous act did he do to Raq that he feels guilty to not bring it up. 

I agree, I will not be forgiving. I am helping the NYPD shut down some of Raq's operation if I were him.

1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

He might climb on top of Zisa to keep him distracted for a bit.

He was playing with fire and didn't get caught with Jessica (so far). If he makes a move on Zisa, it's definitely over. Lou or Cartier will get him.

1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

I found the most interesting parts of the episode to be Unique because I'm very interested and curious to know how he's gonna climb out of this rough patch he finds himself in.

The odds are against him but I think he will take someone down before it's all done. 

Raq should have had Marvin pop him minutes after he left prison. 

50 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Most certainly, given how hard Raq was looking at her.

1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

I didn't know that was Unique's girlfriend 🤣

I thought for a moment this was going to be a "Maria" situation like on the original Power series. I was wondering is this some girl Raq tortured in Season 1 who comes back to be a problem for her?

I think that Unique is going to figure out the connection between Raq and the bodega.

My goodness. During that long slow motion walk and stare, Raq and her could have exchanged numbers, talked about the weather, grabbed some food and played cards. 

I think Unique is going to rob the place for the remaining cash. 

1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

TELL ME ABOUT IT!

The part that really make me chuckle about the whole scene is that the girl slept through the entire thing. I'm like "nobody sleeps that hard."

She must have heard Famous rap after sex and it put her in a deep coma.

My questions with that: If Scrap wasn't a CI, why is he in the same room with his mother talking to the police? Captain Peng should have had him in a cell far away and Scrap would never had known his mother is talking. Also, shouldn't we have seen Raq and his mother have a few scenes together? How close are they? Or is she snitching on another crew?

Then we would have seen Scrap conflicted with his mother and his loyalty to Raq.

Then Scrap was killed for a reason, he didn't tell Raq his mother is a snitch. 

I blame Peng for getting Scrap killed. There was no need to say that in the room.

Heh, Raq would just put a bullet in their head. To be fair though, Howard had a whole team of medical professionals fooled, plus he has the NYPD duped as well. He definitely knows how to commit to a long con.

He does. It won't end well for him!

What test is there for a doctor to know if memory is really lost. It's just taking his word as the truth.

I think it's likely part of a plan to take over Lou and Crown's operation. They'll be forced to handle all of Fareed's acts or he'll go Suge Knight on them. But does he know who Lou's sister is?

He has to know who Raq is. No way he makes a move on Lou.

I think Crown's suspicions will be proven correct.

Guess the real estate lady was scared to explain White flight to Raq. Even if Raq pays cash, there will be suburban neighborhoods that won't want to see her and her gangster sons coming.

I guess Raq is preparing an exit plan? Will she be alive to see it come true. 

Edited by mxc90
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

My questions with that: If Scrap wasn't a CI, why is he in the same room with his mother talking to the police? Captain Peng should have had him in a cell far away and Scrap would never had known his mother is talking. Also, shouldn't we have seen Raq and his mother have a few scenes together? How close are they? Or is she snitching on another crew?

Then we would have seen Scrap conflicted with his mother and his loyalty to Raq.

Then Scrap was killed for a reason, he didn't tell Raq his mother is a snitch. 

I blame Peng for getting Scrap killed. There was no need to say that in the room.

I'm gonna pretend this show makes sense 100% of the time.

If Scrap's mom is a snitch, why would she let her son get caught up in this "gambling ring"? If she's a snitch, she knows the cops are watching her and her card games. Why would she even let her son sit at the table?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

I'm gonna pretend this show makes sense 100% of the time.

Damn! I left out that variable. The show has to make sense.

Thanks for reminding me! LOL

7 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Marvin said he didn't know Scrap had relatives in Corona, so how did he know Ebony's address? And if Marvin had asked someone in Scrap's crew, they didn't feel the need to tell Scrap?!

Back in ye olden times, there was a thing called the phone book that had just about everyone's address. 

nolan north retro replay GIF

7 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Deen's grandma was so focused on her BINGO she didn't hear the yelling and see the table turned over. I admire her concentration!

Deen usually turns her hearing aid off when he's doing business discussions at the bingo game. 

3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

She wasn't scared enough not to drop all those damn microagressions! "Some people don't know they need good credit." "Even if you have lots of cash you still need bank statements, proof of income, etc." 

Jon Stewart Bullshit GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

I felt bad for Scrappy, but he really should have seen that shit coming. But I'm always gonna love a boss who can handle the dirty work herself. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, luckyroll3 said:

She wasn't scared enough not to drop all those damn microagressions! "Some people don't know they need good credit." "Even if you have lots of cash you still need bank statements, proof of income, etc." 

Jon Stewart Bullshit GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

I clocked all of that 😤

That kinda shit still happens to this day

• Love 2
2 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Back in ye olden times, there was a thing called the phone book that had just about everyone's address.

All Scrap said to Marvin: "My Cousin Ebony".  Then Marvin arrived at her house and said "Miss Ebony".

Who calls their cousin by their last name? 

If that is her first name, Marvin is impressive if he found with that little information.

As I said earlier, if someone told Marvin her last name, they couldn't have warned Scrap that Marvin is snooping.

Marvin must have gone on a search like the Terminator looking for Sarah Connor.

Edited by mxc90
23 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

All Scrap said to Marvin: "My Cousin Ebony".  Then Marvin arrived at her house and said "Miss Ebony".

Who calls their cousin by their last name? 

...and apparently she's the only "Ebony."

17 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

...and apparently she's the only "Ebony."

Not a popular name in Corona.

Would have been funny if Ebony was a boy and Marvin talked to the wrong person.

22 hours ago, mxc90 said:

I'm sure Raq and the bodega lady can afford strong plastic bins that can keep the rats out. Nope! Just keep the money in cheap boxes and have the lady change rat traps 10 times a day.

That really got me. I know its the early 90s and plastic storage wasn't AS BIG, but there were plastic storage containers. I know they were trying to make the money blend in by storing it in food crates, but then put it in smaller metal money boxes and put THOSE in the fruit crates. Goodness its not that hard!

Well I do give Kenya (Juke's mother) credit, if she realized motherhood wasnt for her, she did not make more children to abandon, no kids and 2 divorces after 16 years- that was intentional. I don't blame Juke for having questions, especially when her relationship with Marvin is irrevocably broken. Marvin isn't the smartest of the siblings, but he's not a dumb man, and he regrets what he did and said, because now she hates him. Maybe ANGER MANAGEMENT could help him see he messed things up forever with his daughter.

I am surprised Nicole's parents are still pushing this. Someone dying from recreational drugs they CHOSE to take is not the same as a gun being pointed at their head.