Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Speak When You're Angry

aghst
  • Start Topic

Vying to become Boston’s next DA, Decourcy takes on a murky case involving a murdered police officer. He recruits the help of Caysen, who is becoming increasingly alienated from the officers in his unit. As the Drydens try to solve their Victoria problem, the Rohrs drop Benedetta off for her freshman year at NYU. They return empty nesters but to no peace and quiet. When Siobhan receives a distressing phone call, a dark secret resurfaces.

Dryden gets Victoria out of the way by sending her to London.  But they're up to more shenanigans, the wife coming onto Jackie hard, him not really resisting.

After banging the wife, he sees that Dryden has drugged and raped another young woman.  Dryden practically flaunting it in Jackie's face.

Jackie not in a hurry to bring his boss to justice.  He just dropped off Benedetta at NYU and got to sleep with Dryden's wife so he's not exactly complaining.

Are we suppose to believe Jackie is waiting for conclusive evidence?  Or for another young woman Dryden's raped to die under mysterious circumstances?

Or he has a strong hunch, especially since Victoria basically accuses her father of murdering the first young woman, her friend.

He doesn't want to lose his gig, at least for now.  Hell the Dryden's are giving him cars and sex so why wouldn't he look the other way?

DeCourcy would never look the other way.  That is why the notion of them being some crime-fighting team is absurd.  Maybe if they happen to have a common enemy.  Otherwise Jackie isn't prioritizing truth or justice.

Another guy trying to do the right thing, Caysen now is a suspect in the shooting of the crooked cop who killed Caysen's protege.

I like that the show uses the crawl with the cut scenes as the 'previouslies'. 

Please tell me someone else watched Warehouse 13 seeing Myka in this role. 

Did they ever say what Benny is studying at NYU? 

I like that the DA has a New England Patriots sign in the office. Back then they just were not good. 

No offense, but Doyle was way out of line bringing Jen's father to the house. He's got nerve mouthing off to Jackie. I don't think Jackie was out of line blowing up about it. Jackie better not find out the good father is a switch hitter. 

Bacon just murders the dialogue. That's a compliment. They can just throw whatever lines at him, and they land all the time. 

They're throwing a lot at Sib on top of the ptsd. I'm not sure we needed this Lulu plot when the Big Dig is far more interesting. Why does Decourcy get the case plot and not her? 

Wow Jackie's 90s ties. I had a few. 

I'm actually liking Cayden's plot this season. I like the actor, and it's good to see one cop on the up and up. 

1 hour ago, aghst said:

Are we suppose to believe Jackie is waiting for conclusive evidence?  Or for another young woman Dryden's raped to die under mysterious circumstances?

No, but Jackie has a loyalty to him from back in the wild FBI days. It seemed clear to me from their first meeting this season that Corbin Bernsen probably covered for Jackie a ton. That's going to be a lot for Jackie to just shake off after a couple of decades together. It's not like Jackie hasn't put bad guys away. 

• Love 1

Yes to Warehouse 13. 

She's a freshman, she doesn't need a major yet.

Hope springs eternal, talk to Detroit fans.

He,s not, it was one time with another priest. He has the hots for Jen.

What Dryden is doing is too much for Jackie to ignore. Especially with what happened to Bennie.

• Love 1

Dryden and his creepy wife are all kinds of icky. Of course Jackie banged her. What do you expect from a guy who knows that drugging, raping and now a suicide are on the menu and looks the other way?!!

Had to laugh with Jackie being jealous of the priest. Oh, Jackie!!! If you only knew!!!

I am not convinced the priest is bisexual; he may have lied about the AIDS test to put Jenny at ease; when he first showed up at her back door I thought he was gonna make a pass at her. 

The Siobahn storyline with her ex best friend...YAWN. I think the Big Dig storyline is FAR more interesting; esp from the viewpoint of someone who lived in Boston during this time period. 

It will be interesting to see what happens when the autopsy report comes back on the dead girl and they find evidence of sexual assault. 

I presume now that Benny is at school in NYC we won't be seeing her again; no big loss in the grand scheme of things. 

BTW is this a common thing, MILFs lusting after young priests?

I'm rewatching The Sopranos and you had that story line there.

Now this show, but is it just a copycat thing or is it common enough that these TV show writers come up with it?

Maybe in the '90s it was harder for married women of a certain age to find extramarital affairs.

Not the case now with dating apps and such.

6 hours ago, Msample said:

The Siobahn storyline with her ex best friend...YAWN. I think the Big Dig storyline is FAR more interesting; esp from the viewpoint of someone who lived in Boston during this time period. 

Thank you. I mean, you're taking a friend to Logan to do them a solid; just throw the day away. I agree though; Sib isn't getting agency outside of 'Something that was never mentioned before until now and why won't my husband mourn his father the way I think he should.' I mean, Jenny is a stay at home mom whose daughter when off to college and beat her dad while also toeing the line with the priest. I'm not that interested, but there's stuff going on that fits the character. Sib and Decourcy were shown to be career driven right off the bat, and she's got a great plot now with the big dig.

5 hours ago, aghst said:

BTW is this a common thing, MILFs lusting after young priests?

Are you long enough in the tooth for the Thornbirds? It's from there. They didn't call them milfs yet though. 

I think Jackie is eventually going to have a problem with what Dryden is doing.  Sure, he's a dirtbag, and the car and now the wife are pretty strong incentives to look the other way, besides the paycheck itself, but rape is a line that a lot of guys won't cross, and he already seems uncomfortable with what he's seeing and finding out.

I didn't recognize Myka from Warehouse 13 until my wife pointed it out; now all I can see is an older, sleezier Myka.  Still attractive, though.

Not sure how much I care about Jenny or Father Doyle.  Or Siobhan for that matter.  DeCourcy's story is getting a bit more interesting, now that it's obvious that he's being asked to convict someone he believes is innocent.  Guy Dan is another dirtbag who doesn't care about other people, just himself.

I figured it was Caysen who shot Dunleavy (big guy, can't see his face, gee I wonder who it is) but didn't think he'd cross that line.  And the cops were at his door pretty quickly.

The Rohr, Ward, and Caysen storylines are each pretty interesting, but I still wish they had at least something to do with each other.

(edited)

I think Jackie could potentially have legal liability.

A prosecutor could charge him as an accomplice or accessory after the fact.

Especially if Jackie refuses to testify against Dryden.

Also, accepting that car from Dryden is not technically a crime.  But it looks shady.

Edited by aghst
1 hour ago, Orbert said:

I figured it was Caysen who shot Dunleavy (big guy, can't see his face, gee I wonder who it is) but didn't think he'd cross that line.  And the cops were at his door pretty quickly.

Just the cops being there so fast tells me from tv that he'll be a suspect and they might try to nail him because he's actually a good cop, but no way he did it. Caysen went mano a mano to his face. He wouldn't be that sneaky. This guy was shaking someone down for drugs and money; it could have been anyone in that world. 

1 hour ago, Orbert said:

I think Jackie is eventually going to have a problem with what Dryden is doing.  Sure, he's a dirtbag, and the car and now the wife are pretty strong incentives to look the other way, besides the paycheck itself, but rape is a line that a lot of guys won't cross, and he already seems uncomfortable with what he's seeing and finding out.

Jackie isn't dumb. When the daughter was ranting to him about Corbin Bernsen's involvement, Jackie went right into FBI mode, "So, you find anything?" The car and cash doesn't seem as much an issue as jumping in the sack with Myka that's going to cause Jackie problems if he talked to any real law enforcement people. 

They know Dominique was a suicide. Corbin Bernsen doing her isn't a crime; drugging her and doing her yes, but no one else knows that. So even if he was over there that day, so what? Jackie seeing him with the 'drunk' girl isn't on the up and up either, but Myka just told him they do other people. Given their past, Jackie is going to need a smoking smoking gun to be like, 'ok this is a problem now.'

I think Jackie is going to end up taking care of this himself. There's not going to be any by the book case and trial. 

2 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Just the cops being there so fast tells me from tv that he'll be a suspect and they might try to nail him because he's actually a good cop, but no way he did it. Caysen went mano a mano to his face. He wouldn't be that sneaky. This guy was shaking someone down for drugs and money; it could have been anyone in that world. 

Yeah, you're probably right.  Like I said, I didn't think Caysen would cross that line.  It's more like they want us to think it was him, or at least not be too sure about it.  Dunleavy goading him about his wife picking him up from work, with plenty of witnesses around, was just to provide motive.  "You were seen arguing earlier today..."

Siobhan’s storylines might as well be from a soap opera.  I was invested in her character last season and the miscarriage story was really done well by both actors.  But now she has a long lost friend who commits suicide because of a hit and run 15 years ago?  The acting in the scenes with her mom were over the top, IMO.  It felt to “actor-y”.  Cant there be enough drama for her character handling the (obvious) dirty Big Dig construction mogul?  As someone who lived through that BS boondoggle, let me tell you…there was A LOT of money made by big shot businesses, politicians and their boot licking cronies.  Corners cut, back door deals, fake reimbursements for fraudulent damage/insurance claims, subpar materials used, labor and environmental violations…

They're not lacking for drama with a Big Dig plot for sure. I have no idea why the piled on the old friend. I wasn't really invested in DeCourcy's dad passing either, when he is competing with the other lady for the DA spot. 

• Love 1