Type keyword(s) to search

Arachnophobia (1990)

Hiyo
  • Start Topic

No matter how many times I watch this movie, it never fails to make me itch all over. If I'm watching it with my hair up and some hair escapes my bun and brushes my neck...sorry for the person sitting next to me cause I will flail around so hard, lol.

• Love 4

My hubs forced me to watch this-knowing my fear of spiders. He thought it might help me get over it. What a dickhead! I had my eyes covered through most of it and cursed him soundly when it was over. I hate those little fuckers with a passion. If I see one in my house, it will be dead within seconds. Outside, I don't bother them because that's where they are supposed to be.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

No matter how many times I watch this movie, it never fails to make me itch all over. If I'm watching it with my hair up and some hair escapes my bun and brushes my neck...sorry for the person sitting next to me cause I will flail around so hard, lol.

I watched it when it came out in the theaters...that was a fun experience lol

• Love 1

When this came out, my friend got tickets to a free preview and invited me to go, so I agreed like an idiot, despite my fear of spiders. The preview was so packed we ended up having to sit in the front row. I nearly died of fear from the moment the first tarantula leaped right at the screen, but it was also a fun and memorable movie experience! Love when the audience screams along, and I thought it was actually a pretty well-done and funny movie for what it was (the parts I could see when my eyes weren't squeezed shut, at least).

I'm also still very careful to check my shoes and slippers for spiders before putting them on. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 3
On 8/15/2022 at 3:28 PM, Maisiesmom said:

My hubs forced me to watch this-knowing my fear of spiders. He thought it might help me get over it. What a dickhead! I had my eyes covered through most of it and cursed him soundly when it was over. I hate those little fuckers with a passion. If I see one in my house, it will be dead within seconds. Outside, I don't bother them because that's where they are supposed to be.

Same. I remember my family watching this movie multiple times as a kid and forcing me to watch it with them. I always watched it with almost my whole face covered. It was a very well done and funny movie, just so hard to sit through. 

The other night I went into my bathroom and on the toilet near the flusher was a big spider. I inwardly groaned and then saw a bunch of babies around her. We're talking like 30 of them. I was so horrified. I killed mom first and then the babies. An hour later I walked into the washroom and there were like 20 more babies all dangling from webs from the base of the toilet up to the tank. Horrified, I killed them again only to come back and hour later and find more. Rinse and repeat. 

The entire time, all I could think about was this movie so imagine my surprise when I just came across this thread today, heh. 

• Mind Blown 2

I remember this movie. It was out when I was a teenager. I try to leave spiders alone now, but I still don't like them on me in any way. I remember one spider that was running around on me, when I was stretched out on my bed. I jumped up, and was shaking myself and my clothing all out. I saw it fall out, and when I caught it under a glass, it actually looked kind of cute. A little furry thing. I put it outside.

But a lot of them? Still a huge NOPE. 

On 8/27/2022 at 9:10 PM, jewel21 said:

Same. I remember my family watching this movie multiple times as a kid and forcing me to watch it with them. I always watched it with almost my whole face covered. It was a very well done and funny movie, just so hard to sit through. 

The other night I went into my bathroom and on the toilet near the flusher was a big spider. I inwardly groaned and then saw a bunch of babies around her. We're talking like 30 of them. I was so horrified. I killed mom first and then the babies. An hour later I walked into the washroom and there were like 20 more babies all dangling from webs from the base of the toilet up to the tank. Horrified, I killed them again only to come back and hour later and find more. Rinse and repeat. 

The entire time, all I could think about was this movie so imagine my surprise when I just came across this thread today, heh. 

I hope that the judge was understanding about the arson (which is the only possible solution I can see to your predicament)!

• LOL 3