Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E06: Tina (Amber Rose & Latina)

• Start Topic

Well, that was certainly different than what we're used to...that was a lot of drama, even for this show. I guess we should've figured on that, given the celebrity (drama to spare) and the setting (oh, South Philly), but...wow. So, Amber's solution to stop Latina from selling drugs was to put her (presumably underage from the sounds of it) on the pole?! She was clearly amenable to moving away from the life and getting help, but we needed the Intervention producers to suggest that? (Yes, I'm sure that was probably worked out in advance, but still...not a great look for Amber.)

Can't say I'm surprised at Tina not getting help, especially given the way it all went down -- you knew the minute they let her out of their sight, the whole plan was done for.

• Love 2

It was indeed quite different and drama filled.  First time I’ve seen a private investigator hired to find the subject of the intervention.   The interventionist tapped to come at the last minute. 
The oldest  child encouraged to  strip by the model/ actress/singer/former stripper.  The next oldest child pouting because her uncles’s girlfriend is invited to the intervention.  And then neither the child nor the girlfriend  show up. The addict says she will go but then leaves.
I do hope the oldest child stays in California and gets her life straightened out. Unfortunately I don’t hold out hope for either the  addict or the second oldest child. Not sure about the younger two, who were also in foster care. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1

What a huge waste of an hour. I've seen every episode of this show. This is the only one that I thought was garbage. I don't give a shit how rich Amber Rose supposedly is. If you could buy a rehab center, how about buying Latina an apartment and a couple of years in college and seeing how that goes?

There can't be an intervention if there's no family. This wasn't a family. It was some people who once knew each other. It's a miracle that the four girls are even alive and apparently not crack whores (yet). Tina had zero interest in getting better. I really wanted to see that rich boyfriend who was funding her -- he couldn't get a younger addict to enslave?

• Love 3
On 7/29/2022 at 10:46 PM, mythoughtis said:

I do hope the oldest child stays in California and gets her life straightened out.

I had the feeling that she went because she thought Amber Rose could get her work in LA. I think she had stars in her eyes.

This was a terrible episode. I hated the idea of encouraging a young girl or woman to work the pole, no matter the reason. I mean, those places are filled with booze and drugs. I've known two women who danced in those places, and both suffered a lot of aggression and abuse. One ended up in Mexico and her family (my friend) camped out in Juarez trying to lure her away from the lifestyle.

Did this episode start out as an Amber Rose project and Intervention production got involved? The last-minute interventionist was weird, although perhaps another one got COVID and cancelled last minute?

• Love 2

Could not watch more than the first five minutes of this episode. Amber Rose is just..... yuck. Forehead tattoo? If they let her put a girl in a strip club, this show has really taken a huge step down from its lofty ambitions.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Tango64 said:

Could not watch more than the first five minutes of this episode. Amber Rose is just..... yuck. Forehead tattoo? If they let her put a girl in a strip club, this show has really taken a huge step down from its lofty ambitions.

She put the girl in the strip club at some point in time prior to involving intervention.   Sounded as if it had been a few months or so. The girl had been selling drugs and Amber Rose thought dancing was a better choice..   

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Useful 1

Wow. Please tell me Intervention is not getting this desperate for ratings. This was an Amber Rose commercial. A bunch of slick pics of Amber and Amber talking about how great and successful Amber is, complete with shots of Amber splashing cash at the screen. Why was this episode even shown? Are they hoping it will inspire girls to stop messing with drugs and start stripping instead? The intervention itself seemed rushed, and not well thought out. It was a mess all the way around, and I can't believe the producers did not just decide to scrap it.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

Wow. Please tell me Intervention is not getting this desperate for ratings. This was an Amber Rose commercial. A bunch of slick pics of Amber and Amber talking about how great and successful Amber is, complete with shots of Amber splashing cash at the screen. Why was this episode even shown? Are they hoping it will inspire girls to stop messing with drugs and start stripping instead? The intervention itself seemed rushed, and not well thought out. It was a mess all the way around, and I can't believe the producers did not just decide to scrap it.  

My guess is that the production company got paid to film it and that the rehab facility got paid rather that just free advertising.  Because it was indeed a mess.