Type keyword(s) to search

A Claim to Flame: Fire Country in the Media

• Start Topic

Sheriff-Centric Fire Country Spinoff Eyed at CBS — Get Details on Lead Role
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   DECEMBER 15, 2023
https://tvline.com/news/fire-country-spinoff-sheriffs-country-cast-female-lead-1235099117/ 

Six months after CBS president and CEO George Cheeks first teased multiple offshoots of the 2022-23 TV season’s breakout freshman hit, sources tell TVLine that CBS/CBS Studios is in the process of casting a female sheriff character, who will first appear in a Season 2 Fire Country episode.

The yet-to-be-cast actor would appear on Fire Country as a guest star, with an option for a series regular role in a potential spinoff, if Sheriff’s Country (the title we’ve heard bandied about) is ordered to series.

Edited by tv echo
On 12/30/2023 at 11:33 AM, tv echo said:

2023 in Review: Best Love Triangle, Worst CGI, Cringiest Dialogue, Wildest Fight and 80+ More TV Superlatives
BY REBECCA IANNUCCI     DECEMBER 28, 2023
https://tvline.com/lists/tv-shows-2023-best-worst-moments

Definitely agree that Sharon and Vince deserve the title of "best couple". I haven't seen a couple like theirs that has the chemistry that they do as well as all the layers the two actors- Diane Farr and Billy Burke- bring to their portrayal. They display so much without having to say or do a lot, and that's rare. Sharon and Vince are the real MVPs of the series, and they're a better centre for the series than the one-note "Broody Sue" this series thinks is their star.

One other note: Kane Brown's turn as the drifter in "Off The Rails" managed to "win" TVLine's title for "Lamest Cameo", which is another decision I can agree with. I'm still puzzled about why anyone thought that was a great idea.

Sad TVLine didn't award "worst decision by a character this season" because it should have gone to Bode in the season finale. Never seen a series shoot itself in the foot quite like this one did with Bode in the finale.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
(edited)

Fire Country Season 2: EPs Tease ‘Great Surprises’ That Will Make Fans ‘Happy’
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   JANUARY 17, 2024
https://tvline.com/previews/fire-country-bode-prison-release-season-2-preview-1235113873/ 

What series of events must unfold for Bode to be rightfully sprung from his self-inflicted prison sentence?

In the video above, TVLine’s Keisha Hatchett posed that exact question to Tony Phelan and Joan Rater, who co-created Fire Country with series star Thieriot.

Phelan said that with the action picking up a full six months later when Season 2 arrives on Friday, Feb. 16, “everybody’s in a new place.” (See: Gaby smooching a new fella in the latest promo!)

What follows from there is “shock after shock after shock…,” Rater teased.

“We’ve got some great surprises coming up for the fans,” Phelan added. “I think people are going to be happy.”
Phelan also told TVLine that in addition to Season 2 introducing a female sheriff that might wind up fronting the hit show’s first spinoff, “we’re just going to get to know more people in Edgewater, and find out what their relationships are to the characters that we love so much.”

Edited by tv echo

So Morena Baccarin has been tapped to play the Sheriff in the potential spin off which "is not backdoor pilot because he had another stage of development before being greenlit". 

I enjoyed this show at the beginning but it became such a trainwreck that I lost interest. Not sure that it can sustain TWO spin offs right now. It seems networks are planning spin offs earlier than ever. 

https://www.spoilertv.com/2024/01/morena-baccarin-to-headline-fire.html

(edited)

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on NCIS, Fire Country, The Rookie, The Way Home, The Ones Who Live and More!
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   FEBRUARY 7, 2024
https://tvline.com/lists/ncis-season-21-spoilers-jimmy-jessica-romance-mcgee-family/ 

Can I get some scoop on Fire Country? –Casey

Spoiler

1) When the EPs told TVLine in the video above that “everybody’s in a new place” when Season 2 picks up, six months later, man, they were not kidding. 2) The very final seconds of the Season 2 premiere airing Friday, Feb. 16 very well may have you shouting expletives at your TV.

Are we going to see more of Michael Trucco on Fire Country this season? –The Panda Bear

Spoiler

Very much so, given the “new place” that Luke Leone finds himself in when Season 2 opens. Bonus scoop: Andrea Brooks (Supergirl, When Calls the Heart) guest-stars in the season opener.

Edited by tv echo

Go to article link to watch sneak peek video...

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Ghosts, Fire Country, Young Sheldon, Halo, Chicago Med, All American, Resident Alien, Will Trent and More!
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   FEBRUARY 15, 2024
https://tvline.com/lists/young-sheldon-series-finale-spoilers-final-season/will-trent-season-2-amanda/ 

I know we saw Gabriela running after Bode in the Fire Country Season 1 finale, but will we see her in the premiere worried about him in prison? –TPB
I dunno — watch our exclusive sneak peek from Friday’s Season 2 premiere above, then tell me what you think!

Ratings: SmackDown Dominates Friday in Demo, Blue Bloods Outdraws Fire Country
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   FEBRUARY 24, 2024
https://tvline.com/ratings/wwe-friday-night-smackdown-viewers-1235173500/ 

CBS | S.W.A.T. (with 4.9 million total viewers and a 0.4 demo rating), Fire Country (5.1 mil/0.3) and Blue Bloods (5.3 mil/0.3; is Danny’s romantic endgame being set up?) all dipped from their season premieres, yet still delivered the night’s three biggest audiences.

Chicago Fire Wedding’s Oddest No-Show? Is Fire Country Twist Amiss? Are Tracker Explainers Too Much? Elsbeth Gone 5 Weeks?! And More Qs!
BY VLADA GELMAN, MATT WEBB MITOVICH, DAVE NEMETZ, RYAN SCHWARTZ, NICK CARUSO, CHARLIE MASON, REBECCA IANNUCCI, KIMBERLY ROOTS   MARCH 1, 2024 
https://tvline.com/features/chicago-fire-brett-casey-wedding-missing-guests-tv-questions-answers-1235174921/ 

2 | Considering how soaptastic the storyline is, isn’t Fire Country’s paternity twist oddly lacking oomph? And isn’t it random to see Bodie suddenly pining to be a proper father to a girl he barely knows?

(edited)

Fire Country Casts House of Usher’s Paola Núñez as Gabriela’s Mother (Exclusive)
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   MARCH 6, 2024
https://tvline.com/casting-news/fire-country-gabriela-mother-paola-nunez-season-2-wedding-1235180111/ 

Well, TVLine can exclusively report that Gabriela’s mother, Roberta, will show up later this season, played by Paola Núñez (whose recent TV credits include Netflix’s The Fall of the House of Usher).
Núñez’s Roberta is described as dazzling, bright, bold and beautiful. Effusive, persistent, strong-willed and not one to keep quiet — but also with a certain elegant charm — she is eager to reconnect with the daughter she barely knows, I am told.

Roberta will appear in Fire Country‘s Friday, May 3 episode, which has to be at or very near the end of the 10-episode season. (I took math!)

Edited by tv echo
  • Thanks 1
(edited)

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Grey’s, Station 19, FBI, NCIS, Ghosts, The Way Home, CSI, All American and More!
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   MARCH 6, 2024 
https://tvline.com/lists/greys-anatomy-spoilers-ellen-pompeo-status-episodes-season-20/ 

Any scoop on Fire Country? –Casey

Spoiler

If things have been getting a bit too close for comfort for Gabriela and Bode, the next episode (airing Friday, March 14) will present the bride-to-be with an opportunity put some actual miles between her and her ex.

Edited by tv echo
  • Thanks 1

Will Taylor Swift Steal Grey’s Fans? Who Did Ghosts ‘Suck Off’? Who Will Be SNL’s Sen. Katie Britt? Did Blue Bloods Death Hit Hard? More TV Qs!
BY VLADA GELMAN, MATT WEBB MITOVICH, DAVE NEMETZ, RYAN SCHWARTZ, CHARLIE MASON, KEISHA HATCHETT, NICK CARUSO   MARCH 8, 2024
https://tvline.com/features/taylor-swift-eras-tour-movie-streaming-march-14-greys-anatomy-1235180267/

1 | Has it dawned on anyone else that between Billy Burke and now Jason O’Mara, Fire Country has cast two of The Closer’s nastiest recurring villains? ? Also, can we talk about the battery life of the drone that Liam had hovering above Sharon’s rig from daylight into night…? 

12 hours ago, DanaK said:

First Look at Morena Baccarin's debut as Sheriff, who will potentially lead a spinoff

https://tvline.com/lists/fire-country-morena-baccarin-photos-sheriff-mickey-fox-spinoff/

*sigh*

Obviously I have to see how the character plays out, but learning that her name is Mickey Fox already has me hesitant.

Hollywood does this all the time with female characters, particularly ones who occupy roles that are seen mostly as male, like a sheriff. They give the character a name or a nickname that could pass for a male name, and then they craft the character in a brazen attempt to get her "accepted" by the men in the audience.

She'll be tough on the outside, have a "take no prisoners" approach...but she also has a warm, soft underside that a few will be lucky enough to see.

She'll also dress generally like a guy, but they'll also make sure her attire is somewhat form-fitting anyway...or at least doesn't hide her "female features". After all, Hollywood thinks that, even though she's accepted as "one of the guys" we still shouldn't actually confuse her for a guy.

Don't get me wrong- in principle, I have nothing against gender-bending characters, and I accept people like Mickey Fox exist in real life. However, Hollywood doesn't craft characters like Fox in a genuine attempt to explore a gender-bending character- they craft a character like Fox out of the belief that if she's not "man enough" she won't be accepted by the men in the audience.

Which is total bunk.

...and, frankly, coming out of this show, I'd expect the writers to do better.

Say what you will about how good the characters actually are, but Fire Country at least gives us real, actual firefighters who are definitely women and are named Sharon, Gabby and Eve.

Sure, Eve's a lesbian and definitely has a lot of masculine traits...but FC doesn't do anything to hide her femininity at all. She's been shown to be vulnerable and she's had many "girly" moments.

Heck, she's more of a true gender-bending character than the likes of Fox have ever been.

That said, we still haven't seen Fox in action, and Morena Baccharin is a fantastic actress.

She's already played this kind of character before- on Gotham where she was Leslie "Lee" Thompkins who became more badass as the series progressed- and made it work really well so I'll give her a chance to do so here too.

However, it's still not a good first impression.

Side note- with Baccharin joining the Fire Country fold, does this mean we're due for an appearance by her husband, Ben McKenzie?

• Like 1
(edited)

I get what you are saying about the "man, lite" stuff, but I also don't really think a cop needs to be femmed out, though. I'd be skeptical if she was made up and wearing heels and a high maintenance hairdo, like I've seen some "Lady Cop" characters. IRL, you want low maintenance, practical attire that allows you to do your job, not some kind of chick persona that makes you look like a decoration more than anything else.

Also, frankly, I live in a rural area and the women here look way more practical than when I lived in a city. You want to be able to change your own damn tire so you don't stay stuck by the side of the road where there's no cell service or where it takes hours to get anybody dispatched to help you. Plus, people need to shovel their own snow, take care of livestock, and tend a wood stove or deal with muddy dirt roads.

I don't trust this writing team, though, so it's not like I have high hopes for whatever they are doing.

Edited by possibilities
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I get what you are saying about the "man, lite" stuff, but I also don't really think a cop needs to be femmed out, though. I'd be skeptical if she was made up and wearing heels and a high maintenance hairdo, like I've seen some "Lady Cop" characters. IRL, you want low maintenance, practical attire that allows you to do your job, not some kind of chick persona that makes you look like a decoration more than anything else.

I'm not saying I need a woman dressed to the nines with heavy makeup, high heels and a low-cut tight mini-dress.

...but, I'd love to have a lead female character who's named Maggie, is sweet and adorable, likes to doll herself up to the extent that it's practical, is unmistakably warm and approachable and she's considered beautiful and loveable.

...but, she doesn't take any guff, isn't afraid to tackle any situation, isn't overtly whiny or needy, she can kick ass, she's physically strong and she's an effective handywoman.

...and, when she displays her strength, her technical knowhow or stands up for herself, no one bats an eye and/or talks about how it's "unwomanly" of her to be like that.

We can quibble on the details, but I essentially want to see more characters who are archetypal "feminine" women who are still practical and fit in with the men and no one thinks it's strange or weird.

I can't remember where I read it, but I do recall Geena Davis once saying we could solve a lot of problems with gender portrayals if we take a script that calls for a male detective and do nothing except change the detective's name to that of a woman. That way, the other characters are all looking at this female detective and they're reacting like it's normal. As it should be.

I don't think it's too much of an ask. There are plenty of strong women out there who "fit in" with the men and no one bats an eye about it, but they hardly get represented in Hollywood. If you do get "feminine" women, they're almost always damsel-y in some way, and that really needs to change.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, possibilities said:

I don't trust this writing team, though, so it's not like I have high hopes for whatever they are doing.

Neither do I.

(edited)

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Chicago Fire, The Rookie, All American, Chucky, Evil, Elsbeth, the FBI: International Doggo, Fire Country, TWD and More!
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   MARCH 27, 2024
https://tvline.com/lists/chicago-fire-severide-disappearance-spoilers-season-12-episode-11/ 

Is that Alberto Frezza (Ryan from Station 19) standing behind Morena Baccarin in the Fire Country “spinoff” photos? If so, I love that casting!! —Margaret
Good eye! Yes, I have confirmed that Frezza guest-stars in the April 12 episode that introduces Baccarin’s Mickey Fox.

Any scoop on Fire Country? –Deborah

Spoiler

‘Member the cliffhanger the CBS hit left off with before March Madness, involving the crashed ambo that had Bode (in handcuffs, I’ll remind you), Cara and Diego inside? Well, the next new episode — airing April 5 and featuring a “fire tornado”! — takes that crisis and runs with it in the most bananas and soaptastic of ways. The intense situation inside the ambulance alone is pretty brilliantly staged, but there’s also high drama going on elsewhere, involving Gabriela, Sharon, Eve and others. Very fun stuff.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on FBI, NCIS, Chicago Fire, The Rookie, Fire Country, Star Trek: Discovery, Walker and More
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   APRIL 10, 2024
https://tvline.com/lists/fbi-most-wanted-wedding-season-5-finale-spoilers/ 

Will we see Fire Country‘s Freddy again? –Kyle
I delivered your Q to showrunner Tia Napolitano, who briefly hedged and then said, “I can’t answer that right now.”

Will we get more background on Tye White’s Fire Country character or meet people in Cole’s orbit? –Margaret

Spoiler

Sounds like it, seeing as showrunner Tia Napolitano is herself a super-fan. “I loved Tye in [last week’s] episode,” she shared with me. “That Cole/Eve/Manny story just broke my heart, and some of my favorite parts of that episode were getting to know him.” In his first storyline set apart from Bode, “Cole really got a chance to stand on his own and occupy some story space,” the EP noted, “so we’ll continue to invest him, and he’ll continue to be someone we get to know better.”

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Inside Line: Scoop on Fire Country and NCIS: Hawai’i Finales, Homecoming, Elsbeth, FBI, Walker Spinoff Closure, Station 19, a Cancellation and More!
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   APRIL 18, 2024 
https://tvline.com/lists/fire-country-finale-spoilers-domina-cancelled-season-3/ 

Any scoop on Fire Country? –Deborah
The season finale airing Friday, May 17, will be a bit of a “bookend” to the Season 2 opener which found everyone in new places/jobs. As showrunner Nia Napolitano told me, “We started this season with everyone in a different place, and what I really wanted was for the finale to feel like a satisfying bookend to that very unusual, noisy launch where you felt like, ‘OK, people have traveled emotionally. Relationships have changed. Things have come full circle.’ Things that were stated and done and choices that were made in the premiere… there are bookends to them, in a way that makes the season feel like one story that is of a piece and that propels us into next season.” And yes, in addition to all those flowery words, there will be “twists and turns,” Napolitano promises. “Always.”

Can we expect more queer characters on Fire Country this season? –Leonardo
I brought your Q to showrunner Tia Napolitano, who affirmed, “It’s always our plan” — but, for one example, there will be no new romance for Eve in the remainder of this season.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Exclusive Fire Country Sneak Peek: Gabriella’s Mother Makes Quite a (Surprise!) Entrance
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   MAY 1, 2024
https://tvline.com/previews/fire-country-gabriella-mother-surprise-appearance-diego-introduction-1235226940/

As for where the season’s final episodes are heading, showrunner Nia Napolitano told TVLine that the May 17 finale will be a bit of a “bookend” to the Season 2 opener, which found everyone in new places/jobs.

“What I really wanted was for the finale to feel like a satisfying bookend to that very unusual, noisy launch where you felt like, ‘OK, people have traveled emotionally. Relationships have changed. Things have come full circle,’” the EP shared. “Things that were stated and done and choices that were made in the premiere… there are bookends to them, in a way that makes the season feel like one story that is of a piece and that propels us into next season.”

And yes, in addition to all those flowery words, there will be “twists and turns,” Napolitano promises. “Always.”

Edited by tv echo

Upfronts 2024: Pilot Buzz & Other Development Updates In Another Atypical Broadcast Cycle
By Nellie Andreeva   May 1, 2024
https://deadline.com/2024/05/upfronts-2024-pilots-development-abc-cbs-nbc-fox-1235899211/ 

A project that has a significant momentum is Sheriff Country (working title), the proposed Fire Country spinoff headlined by Morena Baccarin, which was introduced when Baccarin guest starred in an April episode of the firefighter drama. Like the series’ pilot, the episode was written by Joan Rater and Tony Phelan from a story the Grey’s Anatomy alums co-wrote with series’ star Max Thieriot whose real-life experiences inspired Fire Country. Thieriot also directed the planted spinoff episode, which I hear has been well received, boosting the project’s pickup chances. A backup script is currently being written, and negotiations are underway with a showrunner, I hear.

(edited)

CBS Will Finally Debut Strike-Delayed Shows
By Bill Bradley   May 2, 2024
https://www.adweek.com/convergent-tv/cbs-debut-strike-delayed-shows/ 

The network has also ordered new series for 2025-2026, with drama Sheriff Country, starring Morena Baccarin, which is an extension of the Fire Country universe.
CBS Fall 2024-25 Schedule
(New programs in ALL CAPS; times are ET)

FRIDAY
8 p.m. — S.W.A.T. (changing midseason to NCIS: Sydney)
9 p.m. — Fire Country
10 p.m. — Blue Bloods (changing midseason to S.W.A.T.)

Morena Baccarin’s Fire Country Spinoff Ordered to Series at CBS
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   MAY 2, 2024 
https://tvline.com/news/fire-country-spinoff-series-order-2025-premiere-date-1235227781/ 

The offshoot’s official synopsis tells us that Baccarin “stars as straight-shooting sheriff Mickey Fox, the stepsister of Cal Fire’s division chief Sharon Leone (Fire Country‘s Diane Farr), who investigates criminal activity as she patrols the streets of small-town Edgewater while contending with her ex-con father and a mysterious incident involving her wayward daughter.”
In a TVLine poll, 63% said that they would “definitely” watch Sheriff Country, while 25% said “maybe” (depending on who else gets cast). The other 12% were a big nope.

Edited by tv echo

May TV Calendar: 70+ Season and Series Finale Dates to Save!
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   MAY 4, 2024
https://tvline.com/lists/tv-schedule-2024-may-finale-dates-calendar/bob-hearts-abishola-series-finale-ncis-hawaii/ 

FRIDAY, MAY 17
3 am Sugar finale (Apple TV+)
3 am Franklin limited series finale (Apple TV+)
8 pm S.W.A.T. Season 7 finale (CBS)
9 pm Fire Country Season 2 finale (CBS)
9 pm Mary & George limited series finale (Starz)
10 pm Blue Bloods Season “14A” finale (CBS, final 8 episodes air in fall)

(edited)

Fire Country EP Previews a Free Bode’s Big Dilemmas: Will a Wedding Be Crashed in Season Finale?
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   MAY 16, 2024
https://tvline.com/interviews/fire-country-preview-season-2-finale-bode-free-gabriela-wedding-1235239771/ 

Is Fire Country gearing up to deliver its version of The Graduate, as the clock ticks closer to 10 pm on Friday night?

“I love a wedding, and I’ve always said that when you get married, every relationship comes into super-focus,” including those with parents, friends and “maybe the man you want to marry instead of the man you’re walking down the aisle with,” Napolitano says. “It intensifies everything. So you’ll just have to see!”

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Fire Country Boss Breaks Down Finale Wedding Twist, Shares Plan for a ‘Really Fun’ Season 3
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   MAY 17, 2024 
https://tvline.com/interviews/fire-country-season-2-finale-ending-explained-bode-gabriela-wedding-1235242846/ 

TVLINE | Is there anything else you’d like to say about Season 3?
I’m considering it a season of wish fulfillment. We finally get to see Bode out, after wanting it since the pilot. It’s such a long time coming, and the fun of getting to see him in places where all our characters have been this whole time will be a fresh engine for Season 3, and a really fun, aspirational place for us to tune in every week.

TVLINE | His first days of freedom weren’t especially joyous, I felt bad for him being almost regarded as a pariah when sitting at Smokey’s.
Our goal is to have a lot of fun with him next season and really let him in on the fun that Eve and Gabriela and Jake have as young single people. Yeah, we really want to bring some levity and joy to Bode.

Did Tracker Tease (Another) Spinoff? Is FBI: International Liaison a Keeper? Saddest Death on The Chi? Weird Chicago Fire? And More TV Qs!
BY VLADA GELMAN, MATT WEBB MITOVICH, KIMBERLY ROOTS, DAVE NEMETZ, RYAN SCHWARTZ, KEISHA HATCHETT, NICK CARUSO, CHARLIE MASON   MAY 17, 2024
https://tvline.com/features/tracker-spinoff-jensen-ackles-brother-russell-colter-1235239808/ 

3 | How in the world did Fire Country’s Manny manage to keep his job after punching his supervisor in the face?! Shouldn’t he have been suspended by CAL FIRE, at the very least?

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Inside Line: Scoop on Chicago Fire, Doctor Who, Criminal Minds, Evil, Ghosts, NCIS: Tony & Ziva, Fire Country, Whose Line, The Old Man and More!
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   MAY 22, 2024
https://tvline.com/lists/chicago-fire-finale-spoilers-stellaride-boden-exit/ncis-tony-and-ziva/ 

Will Rafael de la Fuente be back on Fire Country next season? –Larissa 
“We’ll see some Diego…,” showrunner Tia Napolitano affirms. For one, “We’ve got to find out how that wedding ended, don’t we?”

Will Fire Country‘s Bode ever get a haircut? –Sue
Oh man, how showrunner Tia Napolitano laughed when I read off your question. “I’m not sure if we’re going to change Bode’s look,” she said after composing herself, adding, “That’s a Max decision” — as in series star Max Thieriot’s capacity as a fellow executive producer.

Edited by tv echo

Was Evil Silence Golden? Did SYTYCD’s Cat Feel Silly? Survivor Rule Change? Were Fire Country Farewells Funny? MIA grown-ish Fam? More TV Qs!
BY VLADA GELMAN, MATT WEBB MITOVICH, KIMBERLY ROOTS, REBECCA IANNUCCI, RYAN SCHWARTZ, NICK CARUSO, ANDY SWIFT, CHARLIE MASON   MAY 24, 2024 
https://tvline.com/features/grownish-series-finale-dre-bow-missing-junior-graduation-1235245073/ 

1 | Did you have to laugh at how Fire Country really played up the emotional resonance of this “graduation” scene, as Bode bid farewell to… Three Rock inmates we’d barely seen before, let alone knew?

• Like 2

What Were the TV Season’s Most-Watched Shows? And Which Cancelled Dramas Had the Most Viewers?
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   MAY 31, 2024 
https://tvline.com/lists/most-popular-tv-show-rankings-2024-ratings/ 

MOST-WATCHED RETURNING DRAMA
1. NCIS, CBS (9.7 million viewers)
2. FBI, CBS (8.8 million)
3. Chicago Fire, NBC (8.6 million)
4. Blue Bloods, CBS (8.4 million; first half of final season)
5. Chicago Med, NBC (8 million)
6. The Equalizer, CBS (7.9 million)
7. Chicago P.D., NBC (7.82 million)
8. NCIS: Hawai’i (7.79 million; cancelled)
9. Fire Country, CBS (7.3 million)
10. FBI: Most Wanted, CBS (7.2 million)

• Useful 1
(edited)

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on NCIS: Tony & Ziva, Ghosts, Reginald the Vampire, Chicago Fire, Star Trek: Discovery, Fire Country, Gen V and More
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   JUNE 18, 2024
https://tvline.com/lists/ncis-tony-and-ziva-casting-spoilers-tali-nanny-bodyguard-hacker/ 

What will happen to Fire Country‘s Manny, now that he’s been arrested for assault? –Mer

Spoiler

Showrunner Tia Napolitano told me that when Season 3 opens this fall, “We won’t know right away” how things will shake out for Manny. “We’re really going to walk this legal process of, ‘How does this go? What are the charges, what are the potential options…?’ The law has been alerted, so he’s going to have to deal with that, and we’re going to live that with Manny.”

Edited by tv echo