Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Dirty Dozen

• Start Topic

1. I feel terribly for Terrika that she had to hear the discussion between Mercedes and Shelle. Shelle has had her her entire life, and appears to have done a good job with her, until she fell off the wagon with drinking during the pandemic. But the girl didn’t need to hear that- that’s her mom, that had to be so painful. I guess Mercedes never told her, her real age. I was thinking “girl you can’t add?” So Merecedes is 30 like I thought. 

2. As always I’m scared for Keyshawn. I think Derek is going to see footage of the fake relationship, start beating her and she will out Lil Murda to try and stop the beating. 

3. The postcards were a nice touch. 

• Love 3

I like the new dynamic between Autumn and Uncle Clifford, although I'm still unsure on whether we should trust Autumn or not. 

I don't blame Coach's wife. Mercedes is bad 😍 And that scene was fire. 

Roulette is about to cause some mess. I can feel it.

Whisper is so wonderfully weird.

The scene between Mercedes/Shelle/Terrika....whew. I felt for everybody. But poor Terrika most of all. No one deserves to hear that.  

I can't believe this show has me rooting for evil ass Pastor Woodbine. But here we are. She was truly spitting knowledge at the meeting and her threat at the end of the show...whew chile...she truly is the wrong bitch lol 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Dream Boy said:

I fully expected that scene when Coach’s wife appeared and she was in that gorgeous white outfit and just as sexy as Mercedes (she’s just older, Coach’s peer). 

6 minutes ago, Dream Boy said:

I like the new dynamic between Autumn and Uncle Clifford, although I'm still unsure on whether we should trust Autumn or not. 

Autumn/Hailey is smart and has business sense, but she’s still hiding from people (the group she and Mr White Hat stole from before the start of the show) and unlike Uncle Clifford doesn’t care about the well being of the women that work at the Pynk. If the opportunity arises she will take her money and run again. 

7 minutes ago, Dream Boy said:

Roulette is about to cause some mess. I can feel it.

I don’t trust her one wit. She is bad news. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Loved this episode a lot. It set a heap of complications in motion, like a case of Chekhov’s machine guns! 

Roulette has already broken the rules of no hoeing and has a trick drop her off at the club afterwards. That’s been a serious Uncle Clifford rule so breaking it will be a problem I’m guessing. 

Andre is going to run for mayor supported by the redheaded bastard child (who I like a lot) and that will bring multiple points of conflict. I’m guessing that they will seek the support of the “wrong bitch” to get it done. They need the support of a church after all. 

Terrika is going to rebel out of pain and anger. 

Mercedes didn’t look any too thrilled when she was expected to hoe in a three way but didn’t have much choice it seems. I wonder where this will lead. I liked the wife and Mercedes sparring and begrudgingly liking each other. Loved the line of “I don’t get that much and I have to lie under him all week.” Truer words. 

I’m really enjoying the dynamic between Keyshawn and Lil’Murda. The actor brings a genuine sweetness to that role. Loved the friend thanking him for the light in the darkness. And yes, Keyshawn is going to get “caught” for a crime she hasn’t even committed. Hopefully it will get that cracker out of her life and off our screens. 

I worried that success would take away the poetry and the heart piercing real life insights of confused and conflicted souls navigating through life but this episode was right on target. Shelle soaking wet saying “I’m still loyal to a dead man who couldn’t be loyal to me when he was walking the earth. Now ain’t that some shit?” is the type of thing I mean. Or I love you being the only thought. Or the light in the darkness of friendship in a time of need. 

Fully on board here. How many episodes are we getting? 

Edited by AuntieMame
  • Love 4
On 6/20/2022 at 9:07 AM, Dream Boy said:

I can't believe this show has me rooting for evil ass Pastor Woodbine. But here we are. She was truly spitting knowledge at the meeting and her threat at the end of the show...whew chile...she truly is the wrong bitch lol 

Same here. I don't think the Mayor fully understands the wickedness he's dealing with and she's about to tear his ass up! But I'm kinda hoping for a MAD - mutually assured destruction - between the two of them so that they end up canceling each other out. 

On 6/20/2022 at 9:07 AM, Dream Boy said:

Listen. I had to go get a cold drink of water after that Mercedes experience! And I'm really enjoying the relationship they're building between Mercedes and the wife, from the very realistic snub she gave Mercedes to Mercedes championing her photography even as the husband dismisses it as a hobby, to the wife being in awe at the performance. Can't wait to see if this turns into a real friendship and what that means for the Coach.

On 6/20/2022 at 10:24 AM, AuntieMame said:

Roulette has already broken the rules of no hoeing and has a trick drop her off at the club afterwards. That’s been a serious Uncle Clifford rule so breaking it will be a problem I’m guessing. 

Roulette doesn't care for none of Uncle Clifford's rule. And she must have some great eye sight to see that those bottles that fell out of the boxes were oxy. 

• Love 3