Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: The Setup

• Start Topic

Victor's parents introduce him to a gay-friendly church and an exciting new friend. Mia questions how she fits into Lake’s new relationship. Felix learns that his mom is starting to date. A new secret of Benji's causes friction between him and Rahim.

This episode actually made me chuckle out loud a number of times, mostly around the second hand embarrassment of Isabel's quest to get her son a new man. And honestly I'm not too upset that Isabel organised that set up, wonder how long Nick will hang around for. I am keen to see Benji have a meltdown if he catches Victor and Nick interacting.

And I know the show is really pushing for Benji to be Victor's end game but can they stop making Benji so damn mopey and hypocritical. He is the one that has told Victor they can't talk or see each other and the moment Victor ignores him he gets annoyed with Victor. While I don't think Victor should end up with Rahim cause I think they work well as friends, but at this stage I will be happy if Victor ends the series single - which I know won't happen because that's not how finales for teen dramas work. But I would appreciate the writers putting in some effort to make the inevitable make sense. Because at the moment they seem to be cruising on the idea that every gay should end up with their first kiss even if that first kiss is attached to a boy who is quite self absorbed.

I quite enjoyed the scenes with Andrew and Mia this episode, they provided many a chuckle. And I liked the quick exploration of Felix being protective of his mum and Pilar pointing out that Felix is doing exactly what her dad is doing to her, to help him understand that he needs to chill and let his mum date.

Still not caring about Lake and Lucy. Maybe it's because, as another poster said, Lucy basically just appeared at the end of the season and I feel connected with Lake solely for the purpose of ensuring Lake wasn't single by the end of the show. Also doesn't help that the actress playing Lucy really reminds me of Keira Knightly in the looks department and it throws me every time she opens her mouth and an English accent doesn't come out.

Anyways, really enjoying this season because it continues to not hold onto the drama too long and its all nice and breezy. Just wish it had 10 episodes as I feel that things are moving a little too fast cause they have no breathing room.

• Love 2

I'm glad that it seems that Isabel has gotten to some middle ground with Victor and things are probably going to be like they used to be between them. 

Mia seemed much more relaxed now that her living situation has been resolved. I hope it stays that way, she has been through a lot and deserves some happiness.

Same with Felix, I get that he was so protective of his mother, I would be too in his place. I hope this new guy turns out ok, my TV experiences tell me he'll probably try to steal money from her, but this series has been good in avoiding cliches and stereotypes, so maybe this storyline will also surprise me.