Type keyword(s) to search

God's Favorite Idiot - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Mid level Tech support employee Clark Thompson falls in love with co-worker Amily Luck at exactly the same time he becomes the unwitting messenger of God, filling his world with roller skating, a lake of fire and an impending apocalypse.

June 15th on Netflix.

• Useful 1

God's Favorite Idiot is a TV Series streaming on June 15, 2022 on Netflix. All 8 half-hour episodes will be released at the same time.

God's Favorite Idiot was filmed in Australia, Netflix cut short the original 16 episode TV series order to 8 episodes with another 8 episodes to be produced at a later date.

Clark Thompson is a mid-level tech support employee, who takes saunas with his dad, Gene, pines after his co-worker Amily Luck, and loves his cats. When he starts to glow after being struck by lightning, he begins to realize this isn’t an average day at the office and God has bigger plans for him, as he becomes the unwitting messenger of God.  But Clark can’t save mankind an the world by himself, he must gather his flock of mismatched co-workers, his longtime crush Amily and angelic allies  to help spread the word and help outwit Satan herself. Together, they’re just a bunch of average humans coming together for the greater good because, after all, you can’t save the world alone.

Ben Falcone plays Clark Thompson, a mid-level tech support employee who one day starts to glow. People mistake him for an Angel.

Melissa McCarthy plays Amily Luck, a co-worker of Clark's, who he has a crush on.  

Leslie Bibb plays Satan.  

Kevin Dunn plays Gene, Clark's father.

Usman Ally plays Mohsin Raza

Steve Mallory plays Frisbee

Chris Sandiford plays Tom

Ana Scotney plays Wendy

Yanic Truesdale plays Chamuel 

Denise Roberts plays War

Lynn Gilmartin plays Susan Storm

Yure Covich plays Death

Goran D. Kleut plays Famine

Rahel Romahn plays Pestilence

Suraj Kolarkar plays Steve the Ogre

• Useful 2

God's Favorite Idiot     June 15, 2022    Netflix

Episode 1-8       Titles and Descriptions

Spoiler

S01.E01: B-Minus 
Clark's simple life of cats and music takes a mystical turn after he's hit by
lightning. Even his hard-partying crush Amily notices his eerie glow.

S01.E02: The Angel
Now glowing up on social media, a shaken Clark learns that shining brightly
can be really stressful. A winged visitor swings by to say, "Be yourself."
Please. Are you listening?

S01.E03: The Preacher 
End times, good times. Clark acquires his first follower, Tom, and enemy,
the Rev. Throp. Pop sees the light. Chamuel spills the news about Satan.

S01.E04: God, Satan and All the Good Smells
Hell's belles: Satan kills Clark and Amily's vibe. The Rev. Throp stirs the pot,
Wendy and Mohsin reconnect, and God calls a meeting in the men's room.

S01.E05: The Word (It's Love)
Clark pops the L word, Amily matches with a trucker on Tinder, Satan pulls
out all the stops to tantalize, and the push to spread God's word heats up.

S01.E06: Tom the Baptist
The Council of Clark convenes at the hospital. Moving in together — and
home cooking - seems scarier than Satan. Now all we need is a miracle.

S01.E07: The Four Horsemen
The gang does some soul searching, and the Four Horsemen of the
Apocalypse turn up in the produce aisle. Clark's mom materializes. Is all
hope lost?

S01.E08: Quitters Never Win, But Winners Sometimes Quit 
God speaks, Satan FaceTimes: Clark and Amily run for their lives amid
fireballs, chaos, dreaded riders and tighty-whities. Love must save the day.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, Arynm said:

I thought this was a lot of fun. I watched the whole thing today. It ends on a cliffhanger so I hope we get the rest soon.

They had an order to do all 16 episodes and Netflix made them stop at 8 and told them they would have them do the rest at a later date. This was back when Netflix started having financial troubles.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

It was highly entertaining- I hope there is more.

I was talking to my sister on the phone two days after it came out and she said she just started watching God’s Favorite Idiot and I said, so did I 😀

Looking forward to seeing her when I go out to visit next month so we can chat about it.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I’m also hoping they are able to finish the other 8 episodes because that was definitely a midseason stoppage instead of a season ending cliffhanger. I wanted more.

Leslie Bibb seemed to have a blast as Satan. I still remember her from one of my fave shows Popular. She hasn’t aged at all.

Edited by twoods
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I started watching this last night. At first I thought, Oh, it's Melissa McCarthy doing her usual loudmouth, obnoxious character, but she (and the writing) thankfully have dialed it back. I also like all of the co-workers, and the budding romance between Mohsin and Wendy.

The music budget must be huge, or else someone knows someone and they got a deal. The Harry Styles song alone had to have cost a fortune.

• Love 2