Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: Ofelia

• Start Topic

Wow, this show is dead on here, and presumably in real life too. 

Anyway, I watched this one Tuesday and barely remember any of it. I don't like what they've done to Daniel's character and I don't really care about anyone else. 

• Love 4

The writing on this show (and the mothership) is like watching the slowest chess game in the world. It’s all about positioning everyone just right for the big finale only for us to see the words: Next Season On Fear The Walking Dead. Why resolve something now if it can be the “enticing” season-ender and get people to come back next year?

• Love 3

This season is going to end in one of two ways:

- Cut to the same Madison clip we've been seeing for the last 6 months

- Our heroes storm the castle tower while one of our heroes is in it. Who will survive? Does anybody care? 

• LOL 1
15 minutes ago, DavidWeis1 said:

The writing on this show (and the mothership) is like watching the slowest chess game in the world. It’s all about positioning everyone just right for the big finale only for us to see the words: Next Season On Fear The Walking Dead.

This is it exactly. I know all shows do it to one degree or another but it's so painfully obvious and slow to watch on this one.

The entire time they were screwing around with the walker cage, I kept thinking you're living in a nuclear wasteland that already had zombies and this is what you've spent your time doing? But I guess this is the same guy who's had nothing more important to do than drive around the countryside with a cattle trailer full of his former cohorts chasing Alicia for ... reasons. I'm honestly surprised the walkers on the ground weren't also sharks with laser beams attached to their heads since we're in terrible James Bond villain territory.

Daniel's been one of the few consistently interesting characters over the show's entire run. I like him just as I like Ruben Blades but I really hate this befuddled old man story they've saddled him with. I also hate that the show is clearly setting him up to go up against longtime nemesis Strand not because he's a worthy opponent but because he was manipulated into it by someone who claims to care about him.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

But I guess this is the same guy who's had nothing more important to do than drive around the countryside with a cattle trailer full of his former cohorts chasing Alicia for ... reasons. I'm honestly surprised the walkers on the ground weren't also sharks with laser beams attached to their heads since we're in terrible James Bond villain territory.

Yeah, I skipped a few seasons, was there more to that underground cult thing than we saw in the front half of S7? Otherwise, who really cares about the guy who got his feet chewed off (I don't even remember his name.) 

• Love 1

I never got around to watching the last couple of episodes of last season, but from what I gather Arno? was mad at Alicia because the cult she'd been forcibly kidnapped into to "lead the new world" after the bombs dropped mostly died under her leadership. Cult leader Teddy they keep namedropping (John Glover in a gleefully twisted performance, which probably goes without saying when you cast John Glover) was convinced she was all goodness and light and sold her that way to his followers before he was killed at the time of the blast that they deliberately set off in hopes that it would somehow result in the rebuilding of a better world. As with most of the leadership we've been shown in this franchise, it apparently did not go well when she gamely tried anyway. Arno seems to have been a member of this group as well and was especially disillusioned that she wasn't as advertised.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I actually thought this one was fairly good, but the bar is pretty low. It's the first one this (back-half of the) season that didn't revolve around a new character and we got more of the regulars. They really haven't done much with Luciana since Nick died, I thought this was a good episode for her. Yeah, it's a shame she's going to end up manipulating poor Daniel, but if he cannot be convinced that Ofelia is dead, what else are they going to do with him? Just lock him up in the sub? 

I don't like that Wes is going to double-cross them, though.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Superclam said:

This season is going to end in one of two ways:

- Cut to the same Madison clip we've been seeing for the last 6 months

- Our heroes storm the castle tower while one of our heroes is in it. Who will survive? Does anybody care? 

Or 3: Alicia successfully takes the tower, when they are suddenly attacked by a new group, led by whatever-her-name-is-now.

9 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I don't like that Wes is going to double-cross them, though.

Yeah where the hell did that come from? Wes is disappointed in humanity so he turns to Strand to heal his soul? WTF?

• Love 3

window fuck this GIF

I guess the actors are about to jump by themself.  This show is so lame.

Rain falling at a 45 Degree angle with not a bit of wind,  the sets are more cheap by each episode.  They are about to paint a background with  Crayola crayons.   They all gave up.

• Love 2
On 5/2/2022 at 8:17 PM, Starchild said:

Or 3: Alicia successfully takes the tower,

"Successfully" for that weird family always meant the occupants are all gonna die.

it happened literaly everywhere they stepped in. 

Alicia is the last one of them,  I guess she's gonna keep up with the tradition.😞

I guess the actors are about to jump by themself.  This show is so lame.

It's still better than the mothership IMO. At least I know who the characters are. TWD is filled with characters whose names I don't even know and whose backstories have never been fleshed out. It's been a constant revolving door of new characters. The plot is no less absurd than what's going on in Fear, either.

• Love 2