Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E14: No Such Thing as Fair Play

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Cordell and the Walker family carry on with a day at the Rangers fair, but it’s not all fun and games when Cassie runs into familiar faces from her past. Meanwhile, Abeline attempts to clear the air with Geri and Colton tries a new approach with Stella.

Airdate: 04/14/2022

Leave it to director Jensen to bring out Jared’s puppy eyes 🥺 

He looked so adorable when talking to Geri during that ending scene.   
The green cooler!  How cool was that. 

i did get a bit teary-eyed hearing Kansas and that song. 

• Love 4

First of all, Jensen did a great job directing. A few fun callbacks to SPN (along with a Jensen cameo at the very end) but nothing that go in the way of the episode's pacing. A lot of stuff going on.

I can understand Geri's confusion and anger about the mystery of her parentage, but she's taking it out on the wrong person. She knows Abby well enough to understand that she was asked to keep a secret and is not to blame for this mess. It was entirely on Marv, but since he's dead, Abby gets to take the brunt of Geri's and Gail's anger. It's unfortunate that Geri is letting this get in the way of her relationship with Cordell, but at some point she is going to recognize that the Davidsons are not good people and remember those who did stand by her and accept her as one of their own without caring who her blood was. And that the Walkers are still accepting Geri, even given how much pain the Davidsons have caused them.

Speaking of the Davidsons, it was nice to mostly have a week free of them except for the one halfway decent member of their family. Colton isn't to blame for what his parents and grandmother are doing and I feel for him that it's costing him his friendship (and possibly more) with Stella. But I can't blame Stella for holding a grudge against the Davidsons. Still, returning her mother's jewelry to Stella was a nice, decent touch. Glad that Colton is a much kinder person than anyone else in the family, who only seem interested in pursuing their own interests.

Cassie is starting to grow on me and I'm glad that, personality-wise, she's nothing like Micki so she's able to develop her own dynamic with Cordell. Not all that interested in the missing partner storyline, though it is very sus that the "widow" and captain ended up together within six months of the supposed death of Miles. 

9 hours ago, Dmags21 said:

i did get a bit teary-eyed hearing Kansas and that song.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one. I can't listen to that song and not think of SPN and my boys. I still miss that show.

• Love 5

I knew this was the episode that Jensen was directing, but I was happily surprised by the Kansas performance/cameo: especially I heard they wanted to do that on Supernatural, but weren't able to make it work due to COVID.  Must have been a blast for both Jensen and Jared.  Jensen's directing overall was pretty good too.  Actually felt this was Jared's best work in a bit since he can admittedly be a bit cartoonish at times lately, so I wonder if that played a part as well.  I can just hear Jensen being "Dude, tone it down a bit!"

I don't blame Geri for being at a loss right now over everything, but I still suspect Gale is going to end up being no good and Geri will end up being crushed if she does open up her heart and try to establish some kind of bond with the Davidsons.

Good on Colton for apologizing, I guess, but I still will be annoyed if he and Stella end up being a thing.   I suspect that's where this is heading sadly, since they took time to establish that Todd isn't interested in having serious conversations with Stella and is more about just having fun.

I'm Cassie's former boss was meeting the supposed dead partner at the end.  I guess some kind of undercover work is going on.  Or they're both doing something shady.

• Love 2

Nice to see Jenson directing, he sure does know how to get the puppy dog eyes out of Jared! The Supernatural references were fun, I got a bit teary at hearing Wayward Son (I do miss that show, flaws and all) and I loved the quick Jenson cameo. It must have been fun for the guys to get back together for this, and I think Jenson did a solid job directing, even beyond the Supernatural in jokes. 

I can understand Geri having really conflicting feelings about finding out that she's a long lost Davidson, and even being upset with Abbey for never telling her the truth, but I hope that she moves on quickly and it doesn't torpedo her relationship with Walker and the rest of the family. I also just don't trust Gail, I think she is genuine about wanting to get to know Geri, but I also think that she'll use Geri's connections to the Walkers for her own goals. 

Cassie has grown on me, probably helped by the fact that they have done a lot to establish that her personality is really different than Mickie's, despite them having some similarities on the surface. Not surprising that her old boss is probably sketchy, although its also possible that her ex partner is undercover and this has all been a red herring. Its that or her ex partner is into some kind of criminal ring. With this show, those seem like the most obvious options.

• Love 2