Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: The Only Way Out is Through

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

The Super Squad rallies together to test their abilities, with help from Vardemus. Hope experiences some vivid dreams, causing some mixed emotions. Meanwhile, Landon continues on his quest for peace.

Airdate: April 7, 2022

Ok, that was fun. It's obvious Hope is terrified of her humanity and the feelings she will have, but it's also obvious she knows on some level that her humanity makes her stronger. Ok, maybe not stronger personally, but she makes the people as round her stronger. Cheesy? Eh, maybe but it's fun and there are worse lessons to give.

I can't make up my mind if Aurora was a crafty manipulator or if she really wanted Lizzie to be happy, but also wanted to be honest about the point that she would count it as betrayal. Does being honest count as manipulation? Hmmm.

Landon and the Necromancer. What can I say? It's campy, but it's also a lot of fun in small doses. And Legacies has always been a bit campier than The Originals, in some ways it's part of the charm to me. Even with this season going much darker, there is still room for fun. 

I really liked that Jen changed her speech and mannerisms once she got a bit more serious. It's obvious her stoner vibe is (partially) a cover. She's wracked with guilt and really just wants to live her own way. I suppose she was the original 'peace loving hippie's, so why not adopt a stoner hippie vibe. 

Jen's reaction to Aurora's formalness was fantastic. Like a "Dude, I ran away from that kind of crap!" So Lizzie to the rescue. Her request at the end was touching. It's obvious she is starved for someone she can talk to. Maybe she can teach at the Salvatore school? It might be a bit much to put her in as a student. Though they did it for Ben (how did he get out of Malavore anyway?) So why the hell not? 

Im not missing Josie. Which surprises me a little, but thinking about it, the ensemble cast really makes it easy for any void to be taken up with other character time. Huge thumbs up on the growth of Jed. It has to be said that Legacies has done a good job of letting characters grow and become better than they were.

And Hope had her neck broken. That brings back such memories from The Originals! LOL

• Love 2
On 4/8/2022 at 1:25 AM, bloodstar said:

And Hope had her neck broken. That brings back such memories from The Originals! LOL

I cannot wait for next episode.

Spoiler

When we get the Originals Reunion with Rebekah, Marcel, Freya and Kol. I know that Hope and the show sometimes act as if she doesn't have anyone but the people at that school, but she has a whole family in New Orleans that are not going anywhere.

• Love 2
On 4/9/2022 at 12:19 PM, nilyank said:

I cannot wait for next episode.

Reveal spoiler

When we get the Originals Reunion with Rebekah, Marcel, Freya and Kol. I know that Hope and the show sometimes act as if she doesn't have anyone but the people at that school, but she has a whole family in New Orleans that are not going anywhere.

Yeah, the best thing about the episode was the preview for next week. Not that this was a bad episode, I’m just glad it looks they might be acknowledging some obvious things. But I’ll be happily surprised if it isn’t the therapy box. 

It’s been interesting to see Alaric be so harsh with Hope. You can’t blame him, but before when things were better he used to treat her better than his own daughters, so the dynamic shift is a bit jarring.

It took me the entire episode to realize the guy who plays Ken used to be on Agents of SHIELD and now I can’t unsee it. Looking forward to him showing up in the present day.