Type keyword(s) to search

Season 9 Discussion

• Start Topic

Discuss all things season 9 here. Designers and episodes listed below.

Originally aired from July 28, 2011 - November 3, 2011

Designers:

• Amanda Perna
  • Anthony Ryan Auld
  • Anya Ayoung-Chee
  • Becky Ross
  • Bert Keeter
  • Bryce Black
  • Cecilia Motwani
  • Danielle Everine
  • David Chum
  • Fallene Wells
  • Gunnar Deatherage
  • Joshua Christensen
  • Joshua McKinley
  • Julie Tierney
  • Kimberly Goldson
  • Laura Kathleen
  • Olivier Green
  • Rafael Cox
  • Serena da Conceicao
  • Viktor Luna

Episodes:

1. Road to the Runway - Season 9
  2. Come As You Are
  3. My Pet Project
  4. Go Big or Go Home
  5. All About Nina
  6. Off The Track
  7. Art of the Matter
  8. Can't We All Just Get Along?
  9. What Women Want
  10. Image is Everything
  11. Sew 70s
  12. This is for the Birds
  13. The Finale Challenge
  14. Finale

I have aired my unpopular opinion that Anya wholeheartedly deserved her win enough times elsewhere that I won't rehash my reasoning again here. But it's true.

This Season was middle-of-the-road. The designers skewed toward unlikeable and the design quality was consistently questionable, but there's been worse.

That said, I really liked Bert's Pyjama look and White/Gold slip dress, Anthony Ryan's birdfeed, Kimberly's Nina Look, Bird Inspiration and Art-Inspiration, and Anya's Print and Raven Inspiration. And despite thinking the rest of his designs were complete well-sewn nothings, my favorite look of the Season was Viktor's Makeover.

• Love 2

I have aired my unpopular opinion that Anya wholeheartedly deserved her win enough times elsewhere that I won't rehash my reasoning again here. But it's true.

I didn't mind Anya's win. I didn't care enough about the designers to really care who won. The only thing that bothered me was that the finale got manipulated for her to get it. Her first presentation was crap and she should've got cut over it. The collection she finally showed was, well, fine. I also thought she was very pleasant and still don't have a problem with her, tho I only watched about two episodes of Under The Gunn and I don't doubt she deserves some hating from that show along with everyone else in it.

I wouldn't have minded a Kimberly win either, or a Victor win. I'm just glad that awful runner up didn't win.

• Love 2

Heads up that the Lifetime Real Women network is airing season 9 starting Wednesday, August 27th. They show two episodes each weekday at 7pm and 8pm Eastern.

Monday and Tuesday are the last four episodes of season 7.

I was just watching this season and got up to the Nina episode, it honestly made me sick listening to the judging.  The 'bra mentor' (but can this go with a bra??) from All-stars kept droning on with these hysterical reactions about how 'if Nina wore that to work, I would fire her immediately,' or 'If she showed up wearing that, the entire fashion department would run from the building screaming!"  All the aggrandizement and ass-kissing of queen Nina and 'the modern (ultra-wealthy) working woman,' was too much and I had to skip to the next episode.  And I doubt she would have ever gotten the job at Marie Claire if she wasn't already associated with PR and the magazine wanted to be involved with the show.  So, firing her thursday morning work outfit sucked is unlikely to happen for that reason as well.  Nina is not a fashion icon, she's boring, a follower.  I don't give a fuck what designs she likes, honestly. 

Edited by Glade

This Season was middle-of-the-road. The designers skewed toward unlikeable and the design quality was consistently questionable, but there's been worse.

There's been worse? I found as I watched the first few episodes of this season that I was really shocked at how all over the place the designs were. Half the time it seemed like the contestants didn't even know how to succeed at the challenges even when they were relatively straightforward. I've only made it to episode 9 so I still have a ways to go but I honestly can't stand Bert and Joshua and all of drama that they create.

I wish you all hadn't spoiled who wins this season but oh well, I guess that's the price of me showing up so late to the party.

Rewatching Season 9 now and... Bert.  F-ing Bert.  Unbelievably rude to all his teammates on every challenge.  Blatantly lied on the runway and was never called out on it.  Keeps getting sympathy from Heidi for being picked last.  I don't like his looks for the most part (the one based on the painting was terrible but I'll admit he made a cute dress out of his boxers and sheets in Ep. 1.)  But he just seems like such a terrible person that the work is almost besides the point.  Joshua at least apologized to him and to the group at large for his outburst.  Bert just doubted that sincerity and offered no apology.  

Flames. Flames down the side of my face.

• Love 2