Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Chapter Six: Whispering Hope

• Start Topic

Not exactly comedy, not exactly horror, but I felt this episode came the closest to successfully meeting those objectives so far. Although it it is still not very funny or scary, but Pat's hallucinations are sort of interesting, keeping the episode from being a snoozefest.

What was religious mom thinking, attempting to summon a Demon, Why help Pat? Do we know anything about hot religious kid's father? 

I really liked when Pat deleted half of her book from the computer and half of her plot idea cards fell off of her planning board at the same time.

I wonder if the show was trying to make a comparison that a Baptism and a Demon possession is sort of the same thing, only the intentions of the possessor is different.

Religious mom said that the ghost/demon wasn't Rosemary, could it be the little girl "Daisy", although I couldn't imagine her motivations would include all the sexual "shenanigans" that Pat his been involved with. Maybe a demon possessed Rosemary the same way it is trying to possess Pat, an intending a similar outcome.

The new neighborhood and the neighbors have been completely under utilized as part of the storytelling process. Moving to a new house and location has not really driven the story much.

• Love 1

The show has gotten funny!

18 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I wonder if the show was trying to make a comparison that a Baptism and a Demon possession is sort of the same thing, only the intentions of the possessor is different.

I think it was just being ironic.

7 minutes ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

The show has gotten funny!

18 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I think it was just being ironic.

Replace the Water with Goat's Blood and I think you would have one compelling argument, or have the Water change to Goat's Blood and you would have had one excellent episode.

(edited)
9 hours ago, chediavolo said:

I can’t believe houses of that size & cost, out in the country world be THAT close together! 

When Pat was seeing the kids off to school on their first day, the scene in front of the house didn't even look like the same neighbourhood. Really odd.

Here's the actual house from the street:

LB-Shining-Vale-House-South-Pasadena-2.j 

And here is a still from the school bus/first day of school scene:
Jake-Dylan-Gage-and-Pat-Shining-Vale-Sea

Another odd thing was that the backyard seemed so expansive with the son running through it, and also the treehouse. Weird.

Edited by lightninggirl
12 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

When Pat was seeing the kids off to school on their first day, the scene in front of the house didn't even look like the same neighbourhood. Really odd.

Here's the actual house from the street:

LB-Shining-Vale-House-South-Pasadena-2.j 

And here is a still from the school bus/first day of school scene:
Jake-Dylan-Gage-and-Pat-Shining-Vale-Sea

Another odd thing was that the backyard seemed so expansive with the son running through it, and also the treehouse. Weird.

I thought this was supposed to be upstate NY! They showed palm trees?!!! WTF? 

11 hours ago, chediavolo said:

I thought this was supposed to be upstate NY! They showed palm trees?!!! WTF? 

Actually, Connecticut! And sorry - they edited out the palm trees. The photo in my post above was from a writeup on the beautiful home itself. Here it is in a still from the show, and you can see that the palm trees were removed.

LB-Shining-Vale-House-South-Pasadena-7.j

• Love 1

This  is just  yet another   example of  a show  that   promotes,   encourages,  excuses,  justifies,  rationalizes,  glorifies  and  Romanticizes   ADULTERY/INFIDELITY ???  

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
On 4/3/2022 at 9:15 AM, AnimeMania said:

I really liked when Pat deleted half of her book from the computer and half of her plot idea cards fell off of her planning board at the same time.

I may have yelled at the screen when she just deleted it.  She should have saved it to another document just in case there was anything she could have used later on.  You should never never NEVER delete something just because you think it's bad now. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1