Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Give Me Liberty

Athena
  • Start Topic

On 4/7/2022 at 11:15 PM, WatchrTina said:

I'm pretty sure the benefits of pot smoking as a treatment for Glaucoma was unknown in the 1940s.  Did that happen in the book or are the TV writers just free-styling?

Claire has Jocasta smoking "hemp flower" in the book too. I stumbled across it a couple of days ago during a bout of insomnia with the mind leapfrogging from one thing to another as it does. Claire's pretty certain on the page that Jocasta has long been suffering from untreated glaucoma.

I guess I'm in a minority that Sam's wig doesn't bother me. At least it's period correct unlike whatever bastard hobbit thing he had on his head the first couple of seasons.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

I guess I'm in a minority that Sam's wig doesn't bother me. At least it's period correct unlike whatever bastard hobbit thing he had on his head the first couple of seasons.

LOL.  I'm pretty sure that Sam did not wear a wig in season 1.  They told him to stop getting haircuts as soon as he was cast and they dyed his hair red (repeatedly) while allowing his hair to grow out all season long.  You can actually see it progressing from one episode to the next (even though those episodes are only set a few days apart.)  But yeah, he could have passed for a Hobbit in many of those season 1 scenes.

As for Sam's wig this season . . . I don't mind it.  It's a handy visual cue to the age of the character (what with it having grey hair mixed in with the red).  Sam was a good sport in the early seasons when he was obliged to dye his hair red but I can well imagine that Sam did NOT want to live his off-camera life with grey highlights in his hair.  Besides, he cut his hair short and went back to his natural blonde for his last movie so a wig was inevitable.

Edited by WatchrTina
13 hours ago, WatchrTina said:

I'm pretty sure that Sam did not wear a wig in season 1

I think we saw his real hair for the first four seasons. The queue wig didn’t show up until last season. Of course it looked like his hair in three and four.

It’s not the gray/white threads I have a problem with. It’s the style of the wig itself. It’s hideous. At least last season, we got to see it loose.